Spring game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Spring game

Long had a nice flow in one series. Kimble was the best runner of the bunch but yes, Wilsons arm was the best of the 3 and it looked like he could stretch the field the best as well.

I liked all 4 QB's. Obviously Hunt is the best but the other 3 showed me something. Wilson look sharp. Kimble and Long have some mechanical things to work on but as a 3 and 4 guy, not bad.

I thought the WR's really stood out. Good hands good moves. Lots of bubble screens so it's tough to get a read on downfield separation but when we did go deep, we looked fine. Has Lewis always been that tall? Glad to see Fleming get some run and West early. We're deep here.

Tough to get a read on the OL because we have guys out and we were mixing and matching some. Looked better pass blocking than run blocking.

Because of the OL issues, we didn't get into a rhythm with the running game. Morris had a couple nice runs though. At least we have depth here.

Defense needs help in the backfield. Hope when everyone is healthy we show better. Have to believe without Esk and Reddish caused the shaky performance. Had walk-ons in there some.

I think we'll be fine at DL and LB. Just need to figure out the rotation on the DL. Davis is going to be a beast.

Did Norton play at all?

biggest take away for me is that if we have to we can win with Wilson. Kid is impressive
Wilson looked good but he did most of his damage against the 2nd defense. He has a ways to go before he is a true duel threat. Great arm.

I liked all 4 QB's. Obviously Hunt is the best but the other 3 showed me something. Wilson look sharp. Kimble and Long have some mechanical things to work on but as a 3 and 4 guy, not bad.

I thought the WR's really stood out. Good hands good moves. Lots of bubble screens so it's tough to get a read on downfield separation but when we did go deep, we looked fine. Has Lewis always been that tall? Glad to see Fleming get some run and West early. We're deep here.

Tough to get a read on the OL because we have guys out and we were mixing and matching some. Looked better pass blocking than run blocking.

Because of the OL issues, we didn't get into a rhythm with the running game. Morris had a couple nice runs though. At least we have depth here.

Defense needs help in the backfield. Hope when everyone is healthy we show better. Have to believe without Esk and Reddish caused the shaky performance. Had walk-ons in there some.

I think we'll be fine at DL and LB. Just need to figure out the rotation on the DL. Davis is going to be a beast.

Did Norton play at all?
I saw Zeek Johnson on the sidelines in sweats. Is he injured?

Wild guess ... it's Kendall Moore.

Pressed into emergency duty as a C.

Unless we have any unidentified walk-ons that are at least 6-5.

Yes it was Moore. He was playing OT. Wonder if it's permanent.

RMH44 said:
I saw Zeek Johnson on the sidelines in sweats. Is he injured?

Don't know.

Did Norton play at all?

I think I heard he had Loebs job...holding.

Fun little event and SU did all the right things today. The free hot dog and soda was a nice perk. Lots of staff walking around being helpful if anyone wanted season tickets. Just a well run event.

Tough to take much from the on the field play, aside from the QB play its tough to judge much in a scrimmage. Lots of WR screens/bubble passes from the offense, that really stood out.

northacuse said:
Surprising---it was Alex Hodgkinson--walk-on from London, England no less...

He looked good but they were all short ones. Guess he is ahead of Norton as Krautman's backup, assuming Ross is 100% by fall which I assume he will be.

I looked everywhere for Norton and didn't see him. Did anyone see him?

Fun little event and SU did all the right things today. The free hot dog and soda was a nice perk. Lots of staff walking around being helpful if anyone wanted season tickets. Just a well run event.

Tough to take much from the on the field play, aside from the QB play its tough to judge much in a scrimmage. Lots of WR screens/bubble passes from the offense that really stood out.

I have to agree--it was a fun afternoon. And I actually like the scrimmage format. Easy to follow with a lot of good looks. Nice little perk with the free Dome dog. Also, letting season ticket holders sit in the A preferred section was a nice acknowledgment and sent a subtle message that being a STH meant something.

Man, I hope they keep that train whistle going! Sounds great after a TD. Plus they seemed to have fiddled with the steam jets that blast prior to the team running out--well done effect. Loved HCSS little speech before the scrimmage started--made my spine tingle!

Sat a few rows behind Mrs. Shafer. Saw her on Channel 9's Bridge Street yesterday where she said the family would be travelling to California right after the Spring Game--a mix of business and pleasure. So today I called out to her and asked "Scott's not going out there for a job interview, is he?" She just game me a pleasant smirk and one of those "Don't be silly" kind of waves of the hand. She said they would be meeting with some alumni out there. Nice to see here there with their two good-looking kids.

I have to agree--it was a fun afternoon. And I actually like the scrimmage format. Easy to follow with a lot of good looks. Nice little perk with the free Dome dog. Also, letting season ticket holders sit in the A preferred section was a nice acknowledgment and sent a subtle message that being a STH meant something.

Man, I hope they keep that train whistle going! Sounds great after a TD. Plus they seemed to have fiddled with the steam jets that blast prior to the team running out--well done effect. Loved HCSS little speech before the scrimmage started--made my spine tingle!

Sat a few rows behind Mrs. Shafer. Saw her on Channel 9's Bridge Street yesterday where she said the family would be travelling to California right after the Spring Game--a mix of business and pleasure. So today I called out to her and asked "Scott's not going out there for a job interview, is he?" She just game me a pleasant smirk and one of those "Don't be silly" kind of waves of the hand. She said they would be meeting with some alumni out there. Nice to see here there with their two good-looking kids.

LA alumni club event with Shafer this week.

Forgot to mention:

Two great poster give-aways: Donnie McPherson and Donovan McNabb. Nice heavier card stock, not your usual flimsy poster paper.

Empire amber ale near the 130 section--that along with Sam Adams and the usual LaBatt's light. Glad I changed my seats close to this concession! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom