St John's Game Thread... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

St John's Game Thread...

Most embarrassing display in the Boeheim era. Abused by a St.J team that will not come close to having a winning record. Pathetic.

I don't think you can continue to berate players in the press these days. I've seen it in other sports, too. It's like JB is a Parcels or Bobby Knight kind of guy, and kids just don't respond to it the same way anymore. I feel like JB breaks kids down too much, and doesn't spend enough time building them up. That's why we play this way - so tentative on offense, so scared to shoot, so scared to make a mistake.

I've seen it with a generation change of managers in soccer in Europe. We saw it several years ago in the NFL.

JB is a legend, but he has become a dinosaur and he is clearly on the decline. These kids have tuned him out. He has lost the locker room, and this team is losing the fans. They are literally getting boo'ed in the Dome. This is freaking terrible.

This is gonna do WONDERS for their walk-up attendance the rest of this season. It feels like it's already over, and it's not even Christmas. For FLOCKS SAKE.

I think you might be on to something here. It might even be more of an issue with grad transfers who are a little older and more used to other coaching styles at this point in their careers. Worst case scenario might be them leading a bit of a locker room revolt.

I left the live stats at half-time (dinner engagement) and I've read through this up to here. It's disappointing. But there are a lot of things at work. First, it's not as bad as 06-07, which was God awful. And a step back into the realm of reality might be in order, for there's no way we were a Final 4 team last year. Face it, last year's post season run was a hiccup, not a birthright. That's just the way it works sometimes. So if we're good enough to be proud of that, we should be good enough to accept and deal with this year. Truth is, we were headed here all along.

And yes, it's all heading into a period of ferment because Boeheim is transitioning out, and while everyone sees it, no one really knows where it's going. So you have to let it come to you, because whining and bitching here - scroll the thread - isn't going to change anything. And some need to consider that perhaps, with the old guard moving off, we just may be at the end of our era. Think: Indiana.

Hug your kids. Spend time with your parents. It's been a pretty good ride and you never know, it might be once again. Carpe diem. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom