Staats practicing - knee injury - game time decision for UNC | Syracusefan.com

Staats practicing - knee injury - game time decision for UNC

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Staats not practicing

As of Wednesday, senior attackman Randy Staats had not been practiced with Syracuse this week, a source close to the program said. Staats was wearing a knee sleeve against Johns Hopkins. Staats suffered two significant knee injuries before arriving at Syracuse. He had 33 goals and 22 assists last season for the Orange, playing in 14 of their 16 games. So far this year, Staats has 15 goals and 11 assists.

The Orange have a big test Sunday vs. Duke. If Staats can't play, Tim Barber, Jordan Evans or J.T. Forkin are options to fill in.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...n-s-conley-syracuse-s-staats-and-more/31316/2

Staats not practicing

As of Wednesday, senior attackman Randy Staats had not been practiced with Syracuse this week, a source close to the program said. Staats was wearing a knee sleeve against Johns Hopkins. Staats suffered two significant knee injuries before arriving at Syracuse. He had 33 goals and 22 assists last season for the Orange, playing in 14 of their 16 games. So far this year, Staats has 15 goals and 11 assists.

The Orange have a big test Sunday vs. Duke. If Staats can't play, Tim Barber, Jordan Evans or J.T. Forkin are options to fill in.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...n-s-conley-syracuse-s-staats-and-more/31316/2

I wouldn't panic as of yet, he seemed to pull up lame in the second quarter while chasing a player on the ride and did miss several minutes before coming back in. He was able to play the rest of the game and actually seemed to be moving pretty well all things considered.

If Staats can't play will be interesting to see what Desko does, pretty big stage to throw Forkin out there. Pesonally I think Barber would be a good choice, hes got the experience and adds an ability to play in close or shoot from outside. Evans came in when Staats was out for a little bit Saturday and didnt look that great.

Nicky...and move Barber up to first midfield.

I wouldn't panic as of yet, he seemed to pull up lame in the second quarter while chasing a player on the ride and did miss several minutes before coming back in. He was able to play the rest of the game and actually seemed to be moving pretty well all things considered.

If Staats can't play will be interesting to see what Desko does, pretty big stage to throw Forkin out there. Pesonally I think Barber would be a good choice, hes got the experience and adds an ability to play in close or shoot from outside. Evans came in when Staats was out for a little bit Saturday and didnt look that great.

My guess would be Evans down to attack.

I wouldn't mess with the chemistry on the first line.

We may end up playing Duke 3 times this year. No need to rush Staats back ( and hopefully this isn't too serious!). Nicky was my first thought, but maybe giving Evans a run and seeing if he can work out the kinks would be a better idea. Either that, or stick a Forkin it.

Nicky...and move Barber up to first midfield.

Based on his prior health issues I doubt Desko will move Galasso to attack. Personally I would love to see Galasso attack but with all of his prior injuries and the training they have done to get him to be a midfielder I don't see it happening. Personally I wouldn't move Evans there either he still isn't 100% yet. Best bet is really Barber in my mind with Forkin sprinkled in.

Seems like Evans is uncomfortable. Barber has a gun.

I think we'll see Evans there in the 1st if Randy can't go but something tells me we will see Barber shortly thereafter. He seems to have a very good feel for the offensive flow and can rip it from outside.

Don't think Galasso gets moved. Need the midfield scoring.

Unfortunately this is not surprising, once the report surfaced that he wasn't practicing I figured he was out for this week. Very disappointing especially with Notre Dame and Albany coming up.

JeremyCuse said:
Unfortunately this is not surprising, once the report surfaced that he wasn't practicing I figured he was out for this week. Very disappointing especially with Notre Dame and Albany coming up.

Hopefully it's not a serious injury. Knowing Syracuse, well, you know what I mean.

Hopefully it's not a serious injury. Knowing Syracuse, well, you know what I mean.

Based on the fact he was able to finish the game I dont think its serious. Most likely the knee blew up a day or two after the game due to swelling and hes still having residual issues.

JeremyCuse said:
Based on the fact he was able to finish the game I dont think its serious. Most likely the knee blew up a day or two after the game due to swelling and hes still having residual issues.

Like your optimism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom