Staats practicing - knee injury - game time decision for UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Staats practicing - knee injury - game time decision for UNC

So weakened attack and weakened midfield. Midfield will be key in this game. Duke might take this one. Need to get back to full strength for the ACC tourney.

WAER Sports ‏@WAERSports
Desko: Randy got hurt in the first quarter of the Hopkins game. Don't know how long he'll be out but I doubt he'll play next week.

Desko: We were surprised that Randy was hurt because he scored a goal at the end of the JHU game and was jumping up and down.

WAER Sports ‏@WAERSports
Desko: Randy got hurt in the first quarter of the Hopkins game. Don't know how long he'll be out but I doubt he'll play next week.

Desko: We were surprised that Randy was hurt because he scored a goal at the end of the JHU game and was jumping up and down.
Not good. Although, today seemed to work out OK. Maybe just messing with ND.

Wonder if hes playing possum here, he seemed to be moving fine on the sideline and didn't have any visible brace or knee support on.
That's what I thought was a possibility (and what I was getting at above). Let's hope so.

That's what I thought was a possibility (and what I was getting at above). Let's hope so.

I guess the other potential scenario is that Staats is hurt worse then we are letting on (partial tear or something similar). Very odd injury considering he not only came back in the game last week but was able to play the rest of the game and show almost no ill effects. Weird.

I guess the other potential scenario is that Staats is hurt worse then we are letting on (partial tear or something similar). Very odd injury considering he not only came back in the game last week but was able to play the rest of the game and show almost no ill effects. Weird.
Ah, the Onuaku Gambit ;)

If it's an injury that needs to be addressed in terms of some type of surgery, I hope they tend to it quickly.

Seems like they don't know the extent of the injury.

Crazy.

Return of attacker Randy Staats to Syracuse University lacrosse remains unclear (PS: Kramer)

"We watched the game. He got hurt in the first quarter,'' Desko said. "So he went 60 minutes (hurt). I can't tell you how long he's going to be out. I'm hoping just a week or two, but we'll see. I doubt (he'll play) next week. It's just an injury that takes time. Everybody responds to it differently.''

If it's an injury that needs to be addressed in terms of some type of surgery, I hope they tend to it quickly.

Seems like they don't know the extent of the injury.

Crazy.

If he needs surgery his career at SU is over. Really hope thats not the case unless its just a clean up type of procedure where he could be back in 2-4 weeks.

So weakened attack and weakened midfield. Midfield will be key in this game. Duke might take this one. Need to get back to full strength for the ACC tourney.

I guess not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom