Stadium Food | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stadium Food

All the food is a mess, nothing healthy, same crap for the last ten years. Hotdogs should be done fresh on a grill with buns that aren't soggy. One of the major issues with the dome and one of the reasons why football attendance has suffered

if you put buns in a foil bag to retain the heat i dont think you can avoid soggy..

At the Quad FanFest, they have a tent where you can get Dino BBQ.

I don't buy that attendance is effected by food choices. People go to concerts at venues for hours, and have no better options.

I had a dome dog the other night for the first time in years, as I've not liked in the past. It was awful. Anyone who tells you otherwise is taste bud deficient. It may be the lesser of some evils, but compare it to someone's backyard grill? It's just not good.

A couple of years ago, and for basketball only, they had deli wraps. Ham, turkey etc. and although they were not the greatest thing I've ever eaten, they were good. I however do not understand why you could buy it on Wednesday at a BBall game, and on Saturday at the football game they would be off the menu.

All that being said, it would be a wonderful thing if we had more options, and more plentiful like a meal of you want it.

What ever happened to the Italian stand with ziti, meatball subs, etc??

SUFaninNJ said:
Give me a dog and a beer and I'm fine. Pretty low maintenance here. I go for the game, not the cuisine.
I too feel this way. Eat at home and save a ton.

I swear I never heard it called a "cooney" until the Man VS Food guy came to town. Of course I think he was also saying "Sarah-Cuse." ;)
Coneys are from Sarah-Cuse.
Preview

The pulled pork sandwich isn't bad at all.
and the Reubens they have at that stand are off the charts good as well, believe it or not. But the larger point of the OP by Tom is legit, everywhere else in the dome pretty much sucks.

Pretty sure they switched about 97/98 when I started working there. That was the shift from the boiled Dome Dog of lore to the Hoffman franks now.

The original Dome Dog: Tobin's First Prize. Despite some efforts, I've not been able to find these since the Stop and Shop in Rhinebeck stopped carrying them in 2009.

I too feel this way. Eat at home and save a ton.

Good grief, Yes!

What is there about a game --- any game --- that requires people to start gorging themselves on over-priced, bad food as soon as they go through the gate? Is it part of the experience and that if they didn't do it they'd feel cheated? Do they suffer from some strange medical condition that requires them to eat every two hours or they die?

I go to a lot of baseball games in Baltimore (OPCY). Most start at 7:00pm. Much of the crowd spends the first two innings at the concession stands returning with huge trays of crap and disrupting those who are watching the actual game while they get settled in to enjoy this very high calorie picnic. And many of these people and their offspring definitely don't need another 1500 calories.

Townie72 said:
Good grief, Yes! What is there about a game --- any game --- that requires people to start gorging themselves on over-priced, bad food as soon as they go through the gate? Is it part of the experience and that if they didn't do it they'd feel cheated? Do they suffer from some strange medical condition that requires them to eat every two hours or they die? I go to a lot of baseball games in Baltimore (OPCY). Most start at 7:00pm. Much of the crowd spends the first two innings at the concession stands returning with huge trays of crap and disrupting those who are watching the actual game while they get settled in to enjoy this very high calorie picnic. And many of these people and their offspring definitely don't need another 1500 calories.
I am an Orioles fan as well. Only go every year or two. So I take it all in... Boogs, Dempseys, etc. but you have to admit, the choices at OPACY make the Dome stands seem Mickey Mouse.
(Does anyone still say that? That's one from the old man)

xc84 said:
This article says they are boiled. No matter. All I said was there are codes that limit how things can be cooked in the dome. This limits items. Next you will tell me how popcorn is prepared. http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/08/fifteen_years_later_the_carrie.html

Actually that article says they are grilled.

Yea there are codes. But they do the grilling and some other things downstairs where they are allowed. The individual stands upstairs can't have grills.

Actually that article says they are grilled.

Yea there are codes. But they do the grilling and some other things downstairs where they are allowed. The individual stands upstairs can't have grills.
You are right. It says that. I guess I should not have tried to point out something specific. My point was about the codes.

mountaincuse said:
that's what tailgates are for.
Yes tailgates too. Point was to not eat dome food

Make it upstate-y as possible. Local foods, local brands. Already got some great beers.

Never in my life had a dog from the dome.

Nachos and pretzels were always my thing. When you're twisted, nachos satisfy the munchies quite well.