Stadium Food | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Stadium Food

GoHamSU said:
Never in my life had a dog from the dome. Nachos and pretzels were always my thing. When you're twisted, nachos satisfy the munchies quite well.
Jumbo pretzels are one of my favorite things. And the ones at the Dome are probably good the day they're cooked. But I swear by the time you get them at the dome they're days old at best.

lummgr said:
I too feel this way. Eat at home and save a ton.
eat at my gate and just drink beer and stand and chant entire game so no time to worry about eating

91sn32Q.jpg

I swear I never heard it called a "cooney" until the Man VS Food guy came to town. Of course I think he was also saying "Sarah-Cuse." ;)
Im from liverpool...people from liverpool call them coonies...as do the people who created the cooney at Hoffmans. If anyone starts calling soda it will come to fistacuffs.

They need to do something like Nat's park does here in DC and incorporate a few of the local restaurants with a long history in Syracuse... can you imagine Dinosaur BBQ at the Dome? They would literally sell out of their concessions every game.

Dome fare....pulled pork/ribs from dinosaur
Irish cannonballs/bangers and mash from kitty hoynes
Pasta from Pastabilities ect...

Zweigles are the best hot dogs around by far. Haven't you Syracuse people learned that?

lummgr said:
Salt (tine warrior) potatoes

The Syracuse Chiefs have salt potatoes.

Source pizza from multiple places in town, give them each a stand to supply.

Sbarro's? Yeesh.

Hoffmans, Gianelli for dogs and sausages,

Dino for their stuff

Tully's for Wings and Tenders

The trend throughout the country is to incorporate the best dishes from local restaurants and to expand menus to include more variety and some upscale options.

I hope someday someone at the Dome does some research and realizes it isn't 1980 anymore.

Hey Pete Sala, Click Here!
This topic is fun and interests me...but then I remember that I never leave my seat so it's completely irrelevant. I'd much rather eat pre/post game and just avoid that when at the stadium.

I am an Orioles fan as well. Only go every year or two. So I take it all in... Boogs, Dempseys, etc. but you have to admit, the choices at OPACY make the Dome stands seem Mickey Mouse.
(Does anyone still say that? That's one from the old man)

Unquestionably, the quality of food available at ball parks and even airports has gone up tremendously. And OPACY has a far superior selection to the Dome.

My question is how did we get to the point where watching the game and eating have equivalent weight as attractions?

About the O's - I think we are watching the point in Showalter's career when he has become the best manager in baseball and maybe in all of sports. Winning the AL East by 12 games over the hated Yankees and 25 games ahead of the Sawks with the injuries they had was a spectacular accomplishment.

Townie72 said:
Unquestionably, the quality of food available at ball parks and even airports has gone up tremendously. And OPACY has a far superior selection to the Dome. My question is how did we get to the point where watching the game and eating have equivalent weight as attractions? About the O's - I think we are watching the point in Showalter's career when he has become the best manager in baseball and maybe in all of sports. Winning the AL East by 12 games over the hated Yankees and 25 games ahead of the Sawks with the injuries they had was a spectacular accomplishment.

Couldn't agree more. go O's!!!!!

I don't think I want better food at the Dome because that may lead to even more people coming in and out of the extremely cramped aisles. We already have to deal with enough dorks who leave their seats 3 times a half. while I stand or turn the legs sideways to let them by. SIT DOWN AND WATCH THE GAME!

For whatever reason I never want to eat during a game, unless it's baseball, anyway. Football, you eat before and after the games at tailgates. Basketball there's too much going on to eat during the game, and the game is short anyway.

Just curious... why don't you guys just say "Camden Yards?"

5 characters vs. 12, I guess. Sort of the same reason we call it "The Dome" instead of the "The Carrier Dome".

In conversation, most do say "Camden Yards".

I'll admit, the first time I read "OPACY", I couldn't figure out what the writer was referring to.