staff sucks | Syracusefan.com

staff sucks

rosconey

All Conference
the infection that is- not what hcss has been assembling

a top 25 recruiter for a oc- a linebacker coach who is up for coach of the year for his position -qb coach who left a hc job to come here- ect ect ect-add in the ones who stayed -all very solid

this might be the best assistant staff at su since macs heyday

Agreed.. He did really well filling assistant positions. Will be interesting to see how they close this recruiting season and what inroads we make next season.. Many here expect our best class in over a decade in 2014... Hope it's true.

he has put together a great staff so far imo. what will make this an almost perfect staff is if we get an ol coach that is a great teacher and the other slot is filled by someone who has recruiting ties to the NE whether that be a new DB coach or another position with some changes on the current staff.

an idea at DB with NE connections is hafley who is with schiano at TB. he is the asst db coach and prior to that was db coach at rutgers and pitt. great recruiter with ties to PA and NJ but i had heard when he was at pitt, he wasnt much of a teacher. maybe he has gotten better since then. he is also from the NE so i wonder after 1 year in the NFL as an asst DB coach he would want to come back north as the DB coach. maybe recruiting coordinator too.

he has put together a great staff so far imo. what will make this an almost perfect staff is if we get an ol coach that is a great teacher and the other slot is filled by someone who has recruiting ties to the NE whether that be a new DB coach or another position with some changes on the current staff.

an idea at DB with NE connections is hafley who is with schiano at TB. he is the asst db coach and prior to that was db coach at rutgers and pitt. great recruiter with ties to PA and NJ but i had heard when he was at pitt, he wasnt much of a teacher. maybe he has gotten better since then. he is also from the NE so i wonder after 1 year in the NFL as an asst DB coach he would want to come back north as the DB coach. maybe recruiting coordinator too.

Hafley would be a huge (and probably pipe dream) score to come in and coach DB's. Jersey guy who played football at Siena. My next door neighbor played football with him at Siena and they remain good friends.

TE's are still open as well. Nobody assigned yet.

Not a huge fan of Hafley. Heard that teaching bit from a lot of friends from Pitt. They weren't too fond of his achievements considering he was hired on the tail end of Revis going to the NFL and exploding in fame..

Why not a guy like Jay Sawvel.. Coached DBs under Shafer at Northern Illinois and also has doubled for many years as SPT coach.. I like that fit even though it doesn't help recruiting on the East Coast.

Not a huge fan of Hafley. Heard that teaching bit from a lot of friends from Pitt. They weren't too fond of his achievements considering he was hired on the tail end of Revis going to the NFL and exploding in fame..

Why not a guy like Jay Sawvel.. Coached DBs under Shafer at Northern Illinois and also has doubled for many years as SPT coach.. I like that fit even though it doesn't help recruiting on the East Coast.

Naturally you want guys who can also coach but Hafley is a monster recruiter. monster.

Other possibilities:

Paul Williams - DB Coach @ Miami (worked w/ Shafer at WMU)
Clayton White - DB Coach @ Western Kentucky (worked w/ Shafer at WMU and Stanford)

Pau
Other possibilities:

Paul Williams - DB Coach @ Miami (worked w/ Shafer at WMU)
Clayton White - DB Coach @ Western Kentucky (worked w/ Shafer at WMU and Stanford)

Paul Williams might be a nice hire. 3rd year at Miami with Golden and a native of Newark, DE.

the infection that is- not what hcss has been assembling

a top 25 recruiter for a oc- a linebacker coach who is up for coach of the year for his position -qb coach who left a hc job to come here- ect ect ect-add in the ones who stayed -all very solid

this might be the best assistant staff at su since macs heyday

I see what you did there. Title meant to incite anger by making people think your post was going to criticize the current staff HCSS is assembling only to have your message laud his efforts. Not necessary. The small circle of us who are clicking on the board 15 times a day would have read your message even if it wasn't titled that way.

I see what you did there. Title meant to incite anger by making people think your post was going to criticize the current staff HCSS is assembling only to have your message laud his efforts. Not necessary. The small circle of us who are clicking on the board 15 times a day would have read your message even if it wasn't titled that way.
what fun would that be? with my anti guy after robinson attitude i thought this best-lol

I would love Hafley as DB/ Recruiting coordinator, but if he wanted to stay in college, why would he gone to TB in the 1st place?

To me, the 2 big keys for this staff will be the OC and OL coach. I know the OC is a great recruiter, but we'll see how he is as an OC (that's my biggest concern right now). I generally really like our hires individually and think they're really qualified. The question is how they will blend together both on the field and as recruiters-i.e. Will we fill in the NE areas that have been successful for us in the past?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom