Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

Edwards just told me if he had to cut his list to 5 today, Cuse would be in it

Isn't he cutting his list to 5 pretty soon, like in the next week?

Augustus is spending the day on an unofficial visit to Rutgers. However, the good news from what I've been told, RU has a lot of ground to make up to even be considered. Augustus still loves SU but my guy thinks Gus has been surprised by some of the bigger offers he has received and may fall for the glitz and glamor of one of those schools.

Augustus is spending the day on an unofficial visit to Rutgers. However, the good news from what I've been told, RU has a lot of ground to make up to even be considered. Augustus still loves SU but my guy thinks Gus has been surprised by some of the bigger offers he has received and may fall for the glitz and glamor of one of those schools.
well, some of those 'bigger' offers he has received may not be around for very long as the school aggressively pursue kids they have higher on their boards. Gus is a priority for SU and I think that'll win out in the end.

If RU was able to beat SU out for this kid given Syracuse's head start then it would really say something about the staff's recruiting abilities IMO - I just don't see that happening.

I’m curious what you think are bigger offers?

Scowt/Rovals both say he’s been offered by:

BC
Uconn
Indiana
NC State
Pitt
Purdue
Rutgers
Temple
UCF
Vandy
Virginia
Maryland

Not much glitz and glamor in there. Syracuse should be able to hold their own with that bunch unless obviously a PSU, OSU, Mich, ND, SEC type offer comes around.

BC
Uconn
Indiana
NC State
Pitt
Purdue
Rutgers
Temple
UCF
Vandy
Virginia
Maryland

Not much glitz and glamor in there. Syracuse should be able to hold their own with that bunch unless obviously a PSU, OSU, Mich, ND, SEC type offer comes around.

I am relaying information that was provided to me. Nothing more. Maybe there are some verbal offers to Gus that we don't know about. Who knows. Although to play your game, I'd say that half the schools on that list could be more attractive to a running back right now than SU.

"Offers" may mean interest on the part of some of the schools recruiting EO and willing to give Edwards a look and a visit.

I am relaying information that was provided to me. Nothing more. Maybe there are some verbal offers to Gus that we don't know about. Who knows. Although to play your game, I'd say that half the schools on that list could be more attractive to a running back right now than SU.

I realize you were relaying info and I wasn’t trying to give you a hard time I just don’t see anything glitzy or glamorous with his current offers.

To your comment about playing games, Syracuse while a bit short on wins has a RB position that is wide open and has put out back to back 1,000 yard rushers.

Rutgers on the other hand should be last on his list considering their putrid rushing numbers and oline.

Sounds like he didn't make it Across the river to the jersey side...

I realize you were relaying info and I wasn’t trying to give you a hard time I just don’t see anything glitzy or glamorous with his current offers.

To your comment about playing games, Syracuse while a bit short on wins has a RB position that is wide open and has put out back to back 1,000 yard rushers.

Rutgers on the other hand should be last on his list considering their putrid rushing numbers and oline.

I don't know why you attack Rutgers in response to my posts. It's confusing. I never said Rutgers was one of the schools. The glitz and glamour quote came from my source.

BC
Uconn
Indiana
NC State
Pitt
Purdue
Rutgers
Temple
UCF
Vandy
Virginia
Maryland

Vandy is an SEC offer ;)

But I get your point. This is basically our peer group when it comes to recruiting.

Vandy is an SEC offer ;)

But I get your point. This is basically our peer group when it comes to recruiting.
Wrong Peer Group if we are ever going to play with the big boys and contend for a NC unfortunately.

Wrong Peer Group if we are ever going to play with the big boys and contend for a NC unfortunately.

Gotta be consistently competitive before the elites come.

SU has never, and IMO, will never (in my lifetime anyways) consistently compete for recruits with selector schools like Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, LSU, etc. Before we can even dream of a NC season, we need to reach the point where we're a consistent top 25-30 team and regularly compete for the ACC title and BCS berth.

th

Contend for a national championship? Wha!?!?!?!?!

Wow are your expectations misaligned with reality. No wonder you are perpetually dissapointed.

Well it's easy to see that you have unrealistic expectations.

You need to recruit effectively against the middle of the pack BCS programs before you can ever hope to go head to head with the LSU, Alabama, Florida, USC, and Texas's of the world.

Like it or not, that list is primarily made up of what our peer group currently is. And you're not going to go from outrecruiting Akron to outrecruiting LSU overnight, unless you want to become $MU prior to the death penalty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom