Steelers... | Syracusefan.com

Steelers...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
4th and one from the 32 in ot and you don't kick the FG?
Even loosing you can pin it on the FG kicker for missing 4. They don't have a second kicker a offensive lineman or anyone to kick that?
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
Pause
:vomit:

4th and one from the 32 in ot and you don't kick the FG?
Even loosing you can pin it on the FG kicker for missing 4. They don't have a second kicker a offensive lineman or anyone to kick that?
Pause
:vomit:
What is that a 49 yarder? Not a piece of cake.

Fair enough, but now the coach gets blamed the next 3 days, instead of blaming the kicker and looking for a new one.

3 missed field goals and they don't go for the fourth I don't think I have ever seen that in a nfl game before.

To be fair, it would have been a 50 yarder, and statistically speaking, the average kicker makes about 27% of 50+ yard kicks in Pittsburgh and Tomlin clearly though Scobee was in his own head.

Having said that, I probably would have attempted the field goal too, or even if I went for it, it wouldn't have been giving Vick a pass to his right.

I haven't had a chance to look yet, but someone on Mike & Mike reported that the probability of the Steelers gaining the required distance was better than the probability of making the field goal.

Chan Gailey passed on about a hundred 50yarders in 2012; a couple of them in an OT game in Arizona. And Rian Lindell was actually good.

A 49 yard fg in probably the worst kicking stadium in the league, with a kicker who has been awful, I would have went for it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom