Student Section Ideas | Syracusefan.com

Student Section Ideas

TrickySU

Walk On
Okay everyone, for all those who may complain about the student section and for those who want to make their mark on the student section, this is your chance. Otto's Army (The Syracuse Student Section) is going to be making a video for students with all of the cheers, chants, etc. So if you have any ideas don't be afraid to post them. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

speedoguy.jpg

Here is the only two responsibilities a student section should have.
#1 show up to every game
# 2 cheer like your life depends on it

Other than that you have no responsibilities nor do you need to do any weak lame ass cheers. Its bad enough we have to listen to that awful cheerleader cheer.

Carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the DJ and Otto's army should coordinate. And I think SU should allow the DJ to play the King Vega song (unless he wants tons of money for it). And the students could dance and sing along with it. The King Vega suggestion is so OBVIOUS. I don't know why SU isn't doing something with it. Can you tell me, Tricky? I would appreciate it!

As much as it pains to admit, most current students were in diapers for this, but really this is the best Cuse chant...and it can be coordinated with DJ Maestro. I'm sure he can get the Blahzay Blahzay instrumental track.

first of all everyone should rattle their keys....ok, not funny. if you see anyone try to rattle keys steal them and jab them in their eyes with them.

My ideas

-I echo the giant spirals. Those are always fun. Also more coordination when opponents shooting free throws
-Bring back the heyy you suck. F em up F em up Go S U we're gonna kick the outta you chant. that's the best
-Someone more creative them me come up with some chants.
-Bring newspapers to put up to your faces when opponents starting lineups are announced
- More creative signs, big heads. Makes you look active
-We sell beer chants
-Dress like it's Halloween for every game. Kind of like our own Orange version of the black hole. That should intimidate people
-Girls should wear bikini's to try and distract the opposing team...actually that's for our enjoyment as well

For the love of god please stop doing the thing where everyone raises their arms and pedals their fingers when one of our players is shooting ft's. Probably my least favorite tradition in all of sports.

funny... some would argue that freshmen putting up the dynasty hand gesture is a terrible tradition :D

below is an example:

3080.jpg

Ok, so I gave this some thought - tried to think of what would get my attention if I were an opposing player - which is difficult, since it seems like these players are conditioned not to pay attention to opposing crowds antics. But here's what I could think of.

If I were an opposing player, it would get my attention / freak me out if one of two things occurred:

1.) The opposing team's student section knew everything about me - my high school, any embarrassing stories, anything that was ever in the news about me, etc. Problem with this one is that some students could take it too far and get really, really personal - like read off names of players family members /girlfriends & make inappropriate comments - which would not be good.

2.) The opposite of #1 - complete disregard for the opponent. I think it would start to get into my head if the opposing team's student section continually chanted about whatever school they are playing next. (For instance, if SU at home against Clemson, and next game is vs Duke, SU student section would chant things like "Bring on Duke! Bring on Duke!" during Clemson game, even if losing or whatever. Act like the student section is completely not concerned about potentially losing to Clemson. I think after a while of hearing things like that, if I were an opposing player, I'd start to get pissed & really start to press the action. But maybe that's just me.

One other thing that could be cool is to do something like the Lebron chalk toss - maybe have all the students bring in small amount of baby powder or whatever & everyone toss it up in air at once right at tipoff or something. That would look really cool. Or do something similar & try to tie it into SU history somehow.

Also really liked the suggestion to make it like the Oakland Raiders black hole - everyone wear crazy-ass outfits to each game, make it a real party in the student section & just silly. Sounds like it'd be a ton of fun.

And, of course, love any & all suggestions involving hot women & / or bikinis. But that's just obvious.

I always think about what the student section should do to distract the shooter during foul shots. Here are a couple ideas.

1. Determine what section of the stands is directly in the view of the shooter and hold up a wall of rim colored cards to disorient the shooter

2. Similar concept but have students hold up large images that look like a glass backboard

I see more students in the library studying walking to the car than I see in the dome's student section. I wish I went to a school that had a basketball power like Syracuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Streamers, balloons, anything during free throws and go bananas.

-diehard fans get first priority to the lower level. I see a lot of students just standing and watching at times.

-Thunder sticks?

-Allow all kinds of heckling?

-Player look-a-likes from the opposing teams (i.e. Cody Zeller and the Mad TV guy on a poster)

-Turn around during opposing team intros, newspapers are also a good idea

-HOT GIRLS

-Have everybody sing the fight song.

-HOT GIRLS

-Make big heads of each player as well as some other random people. Twitter handle on the back, and have people tweet at you to hold the big head at the next home game.

-Yeah, more hot girls please.

-Oh, and beer too.

Edit: I've always thought it'd be funny if every student blew up one balloon during a free throw, and at the same time they all let go of their balloons, which would be a visual distraction and create a hilarious noise.

Step one- raise money
Step two- fly cusetroop to every game
Step three- buy cusetroop 3 beers, a bottle of Jameson and a jug of root beer
Step four- give Cusetroop an hour
Step five- put cusetroop in charge
Step six- accept #1 student section in the country award

For the love of god please stop doing the thing where everyone raises their arms and pedals their fingers when one of our players is shooting ft's. Probably my least favorite tradition in all of sports.

Pedal their fingers? It's spirit fingers! Have you not seen Bring It On?!

Okay everyone, for all those who may complain about the student section and for those who want to make their mark on the student section, this is your chance. Otto's Army (The Syracuse Student Section) is going to be making a video for students with all of the cheers, chants, etc. So if you have any ideas don't be afraid to post them. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

It is great you are trying to take things up a notch or two.

Some thoughts:

Do a chant (maybe a couple) where you divide the student section into two and chant back and forth between the two groups. For big games, this could be done between the upper and lower deck student seating. For smaller ones, you probably should split based on which side of the basket you are sitting on. In a perfect world, this would eventually evolve so that the students and the rest of the crowd would enchange coordinated chants.

Do a couple of song based chants modeled after what the crowds in the Premier League in England (or now our MSL) do, with the words tailored for the Syracuse basketball program and game at hand. For instance, you could do the Habib Beye one except use Jimmy Bay(heim) instead.

'Sunday, Monday, Jimmy Bay
Tuesday, Wednesday, Jimmy Bay
Thursday, Friday, Jimmy Bay
Saturday, Jimmy Bay, rocking all week with you!'
(to the tune of the Happy Days theme song)

Or do something like this for the Duke game...

'Small team in Durham / you're just a small team in Durham / small team in Durham, you're just a small team in Durham...'(to the tune of 'Guantanamera')

Good luck.

Step one- raise money
Step two- fly cusetroop to every game
Step three- buy cusetroop 3 beers, a bottle of Jameson and a jug of root beer
Step four- give Cusetroop an hour
Step five- put cusetroop in charge
Step six- accept #1 student section in the country award

can i ask a question?

what is the jug of root beer for?

Please, no newspapers while opponent is introduced. Have seen too much of that with KU.

Chants are good, but don't go overboard like we saw at NC State two years ago where they had a "cheer master" priming the students before the game and handing out cheer sheets. Sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom