Student Section Ideas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Student Section Ideas

A cool, classic song, ala Sweet Caroline. Years ago the used to saying hey hey goodbye at the end of victories.

Should be something that most of the dome with know the words to it could sing along. 25 to 30 thousand people singing a cool, classic song would be fun.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Please, no newspapers while opponent is introduced. Have seen too much of that with KU.

Chants are good, but don't go overboard like we saw at NC State two years ago where they had a "cheer master" priming the students before the game and handing out cheer sheets. Sad.

Agree on Kansas.

Disagree on NC State. I think unique chants - targeted at specific players/schools - can really get inside the heads of opponents way more than "Let's Go Orange!" or "Defense!"

Not saying it always works as we obviously beat NC State, but custom chants definitely have the potential to be an advantage.

Plus, they're often funny/entertaining for the home fans and TV audience.

-Dress like it's Halloween for every game. Kind of like our own Orange version of the black hole. That should intimidate people

I actually think this would be hilarious... As someone mentioned, it'd be like the Raiders games.

And then it could be like a Halloween party afterwards at the bars, frat houses and house parties all over campus.

Somebody needs to bring "The Hey Song" back! It belongs in Syracuse, along with rasta man. My one wish for this season is to bring back Rasta Man and the hey song for the Duke game.

No one likes the King Vega song? A song wrote specifically for Syracuse basketball, but which is going to lie fallow and (obviously) forgotten? Really? I am beginning to think it's true that I come from another dimension! To prove it, I could mention that I love the wave. Especially when it goes - gasp! - backwards!

What about getting Daryl Gross to agree that if there is a time out during an exciting part of the game maybe we could skip the ad and go straight to the music and cheers?

HA HA HA HA HA! Oh! Oh! The students should cheer while all of the ads are playing. To hell with the ads! They already have the money. Rebel rebel! Isn't that what the students are there for? Take it to the man, for the love of god, take it to the man!

I'm done.

Agree on Kansas.

Disagree on NC State. I think unique chants - targeted at specific players/schools - can really get inside the heads of opponents way more than "Let's Go Orange!" or "Defense!"

Not saying it always works as we obviously beat NC State, but custom chants definitely have the potential to be an advantage.

Plus, they're often funny/entertaining for the home fans and TV audience.
I agree with you in general, but at NC State it came off as more manufactured than with much emotion.

Somebody needs to bring "The Hey Song" back! It belongs in Syracuse, along with rasta man. My one wish for this season is to bring back Rasta Man and the hey song for the Duke game.

Did the students always chant "F 'em up, F 'em up, Go SU... We're gonna kick the outta you!" or was that added later on?

I remember the song from my days as a student in the early 90's, but do not remember chanting that.

And couldn't a creative student come up with more appropriate lyrics that still convey the same message?

"Mess 'em up, Mess 'em up, GO SU... We're gonna beat the hell outta you!"

There, done.

I'm not offended by language at all, but could see why the school would want to shut it down with the expletives above.

It'd be great to bring the song back... I just think the school needs to be more proactive rather than reactive.

Someone please get on this ASAP.

Last edited:
Did the students always chant "F 'em um, F 'em up, Go SU... We're gonna kick the outta you!" or was that added later on?

I remember the song from my days as a student in the early 90's, but do not remember chanting that.

And couldn't a creative student come up with more appropriate lyrics that still convey the same message?

There, done.

I'm not offended by language at all, but could see why the school would want to shut it down with the expletives above.

It'd be great to bring the song back... I just think the school needs to be more proactive rather than reactive.

Don't know why it was banned, I remember it being "hey you suck". But I didn't start going to a lot of games until '99, and I wasn't ever in the student section. Although I do remember they'd be chanting things while that song was playing. I vaguely remember the lyrics you just said. You are bringing back memories lol!

Don't know why it was banned, I remember it being "hey you suck". But I didn't start going to a lot of games until '99, and I wasn't ever in the student section. Although I do remember they'd be chanting things while that song was playing. I vaguely remember the lyrics you just said. You are bringing back memories lol!

Banned after the game against Texas in 2003. A tad bit embarrassing to have your students yelling obscenities in front of the whole NCAA.

Step one- raise money
Step two- fly cusetroop to every game
Step three- buy cusetroop 3 beers, a bottle of Jameson and a jug of root beer
Step four- give Cusetroop an hour
Step five- put cusetroop in charge
Step six- accept #1 student section in the country award
Let the entire SigUp run the student section, and provide us all with drinks. Let Glennon go bat siht cray cray!!!!

Problem solved broheim.

can i ask a question?

what is the jug of root beer for?

fill a rocks glass about half full with root beer. Set a shot of jamo (some people like a splash of baileys) in it. Root beer should end up right at the rim of the shot glass. Take the whole thing like a shot. Yums Yums

Let the entire SigUp run the student section, and provide us all with drinks. Let Glennon go bat siht cray cray!!!!

Problem solved broheim.
I think we have a winner.
:)

Glennon, go do that voodoo. Everybody else, kindly wear your athletic supporter.

Did the students always chant "F 'em up, F 'em up, Go SU... We're gonna kick the outta you!" or was that added later on?

There, done.

Those were Buzz Shaw's words before the NC game in 2003 at the pep rally. He gave it with pep and vigor too.

1) For God's sake, do not participate in that zombie/drone-like rhythmic clapping until we score thing. Absolutely the most moronic "tradition" in all of college sports history. A complete embarrassment. It puts pressure on OUR team. Isn't the idea to put pressure on the opponent?!?

2) Put up a "B" for each block we have, like K's for strikeouts in baseball. Call it the "Block Party".

3) See #1.

4) See #3.

I also think for each team, they should stick to a certain theme for posters and big heads. For example, when Duke plays, make posters of the Coach K meme (there are a bunch of them).

upload_2013-11-20_19-5-52.jpeg

ratface.jpg

Well, I guess the photoshops are not as easy to find as they use to be. But it's still funny IMO.

Another example would be for Indiana. Big heads of Dwight Schrute (identical to Tom Crean)

A8M0XfmCQAAAuE9.jpg:large

For the love of god please stop doing the thing where everyone raises their arms and pedals their fingers when one of our players is shooting ft's. Probably my least favorite tradition in all of sports.
No more spirit fingers????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom