Men's Soccer - SU 1 ND 0 ACC Champs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 1 ND 0 ACC Champs

Great win. Ian McIntyre has done an amazing job building this program from almost nothing. I believe this is the first ACC Championship for a men's team, no?

Great win. Ian McIntyre has done an amazing job building this program from almost nothing. I believe this is the first ACC Championship for a men's team, no?

SU Men won the ACC Cross Country title last year and this year.

It was my first time watching the team play. I'm impressed with the work rate of the entire team.

I love the orange and blue hoops jersey. Where can I buy one? There's nothing in the SU Athletics shop (or anywhere else online for that matter) that has them.

Shame on me for forgetting about the lax team. Had no idea about the cross country team's success. Makes sense, though, with the country's top HS program right nearby.

Watched the whole game and we played great. Lost a lot of great players from last year but this team seems to do a much better job in the middle third controlling the ball and winning 50/50 balls. They made me nervous with 10 mins to play going to a defensive position. That can backfire on you as ND dominated the ball and had a couple great chances. The non-call in the penalty box was huge for us.

Watched the whole game and we played great. Lost a lot of great players from last year but this team seems to do a much better job in the middle third controlling the ball and winning 50/50 balls. They made me nervous with 10 mins to play going to a defensive position. That can backfire on you as ND dominated the ball and had a couple great chances. The non-call in the penalty box was huge for us.

This team has been fun to watch again this year. I am so glad we started this Olympic Sports forum. Thank you OrangeXtreme and orange79.

99% of good refs won't call that in that situation.

Do we have a chance to host a first round NCAA game? Or are those games on neutral sites? We should get a good seed considering we're a top 10 team now right?

The 1985 championship was great. We beat UConn 1-0. Goal by Greg Kolodziey who still has the single season goal record. Greg was going to go to UConn. I saved him from that. I called Head Coach Alden Shattuck and Alden saw Greg and offered him a ship. Greg is now the high school coach of the best soccer program in Mass. My old high school. 23 State large school state titles. Greg's team won the state 3 times in his 4 seasons as head coach.

Great effort, and we got lucky on the shot that hit the post - great moves to even create it. Thought it was going in for sure. Would've been a different game if it did.

The prevent D must've been borrowed from the other football team - at least it worked out better here. But Ian has done an amazing job with the team.

McIntyre has been a homerun hire.

Incredible after what we lost last year.

Wins over the #2, #3 and #7 ranked teams in the span of a few days.

And since McIntyre is a Hartwick grad, I'll also plug Wick beating Georgia State to win the Sun Belt for the second straight year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom