Women's Lacrosse - SU 10, Florida 11 (OT): Tues Mar 1, 12:00 PM [TWCS / ESPN3] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 10, Florida 11 (OT): Tues Mar 1, 12:00 PM [TWCS / ESPN3]

I caught OT. That turnover was brutal. Can't believe she got caught like that.

You'd think that the player with the deepest pocket would be the least likely to cough it up.

Sloppy game overall. But Florida was due. We had beaten them 5 out of the last 6 times when they were ranked in the Top 5. Three of those victories were in OT, while the one loss was when we were unranked.

ACC play will be tough again this year.

Cheers,
Neil

That was clearly the worst. But, the team had 16 total turnovers. Do that against Maryland and they will positively eat SU's lunch.

The Goalie play also has to be looked at. Transfer from ND. Lots of comments on Laxpower that she plays way too far outside the circle and pays the price. A grand total of 2 saves vs Florida. That's God-awful. Maybe time to look at the Freshman who has seen some playing time.

It will be very interesting to see what Gait does as this is his best chance to win the NCAA championship.

What a terrific game this was!!!!! Naturally I would rather Cuse won it, but the experience was priceless either way. This game felt like a NC game...these freshman have now felt how intense the heat is against best teams in the land. It's not like they play like freshmen to begin with, but this just adds to what they've already got. If there's such a thing as a good loss, this would be one of them.
Man, we lacrosse folks have got to do something about getting more people in the Dome for these games. Spread the word, try to light a fire under some tails to get them to the Dome. You can't beat free and you can't beat the product.

Man, we lacrosse folks have got to do something about getting more people in the Dome for these games. Spread the word, try to light a fire under some tails to get them to the Dome. You can't beat free and you can't beat the product.

Maybe if they didn't play at Noon on a work day. :noidea:

Maybe if they didn't play at Noon on a work day. :noidea:
Yup, I get it, but it doesn't matter the day or time, attendance for wlax is anemic. Sad, these girls are incredible. So much more could be done by the media (who treats lax like an unwanted child) and school to promote these teams. They could generate a whole lot more buzz than they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom