Women's Lacrosse - SU 12 vs Stony Brook 13 (OT): Tues Mar 5, 6 PM | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 12 vs Stony Brook 13 (OT): Tues Mar 5, 6 PM

I think both are criticisms are ludicrous and even more so with the women’s team they already have a marquee win on the road and are undefeated in ACC play there is NO dominant team in Women’s lacrosse this year it’s wide open

With all do respect Kayla took her team further then Coach Jack ever has in her first season then went to a final four in her second season and isn’t even half way through her 3rd season and the lunatics on this board are crying for her to be fired because they lost 3 top 10 games 2 of them in OT When people start posting something rational I’ll start reading again
She also started with a lot less talent. To say the cupboard was bear for women’s bb was an understatement. She did bring in transfers but her roster was not full of 4 and 5 star players.
KT I feel will become a really good coach. But you can see the difference between how an experienced coach interacts with the players versus a new coach with limited coaching experience.

Kayla has yet to have a season without losing several key players and is competing at the HIGHEST level possible I would say the job she has done is remarkable. Do you think Joe Spallina was up here just watching his sons play lacrosse? NO he has scouted this team multiple times in person the story of this season has yet to be written I’m still incredibly optimistic on how it plays out

With all do respect Kayla took her team further then Coach Jack ever has in her first season then went to a final four in her second season and isn’t even half way through her 3rd season and the lunatics on this board are crying for her to be fired because they lost 3 top 10 games 2 of them in OT When people start posting something rational I’ll start reading again
Yes, thank you for posting! This place along with the men's lax board is now about as irrational as the hoops board. Some of the most vocal seem to forget about the in game adjustments KT implemented at halftime in the ND game.

Spallina is not a good coach - he is a great coach and has an exceptional team this year.

It is a long season sports fans.

Kayla was and still is the right coach IMO. However, my issue with her thus far in her career as HC is that she doesn't make adjustments as needed. Both in and out of game. AKA, she continues taking unnecessary L's for absolutely no reason. All of our losses this year could've been completely avoided had Sweitzer been benched, we saw more of the younger players on offense (Muchnick, Caramelli, Rode, etc), and she would put others in the draw circle when Meshewske and the draw unit are struggling. Also haven't seen a lot of the two-man game or three man weave this year. Saw a little of the three man weave vs Duke but was ineffective and super sloppy. Can't particularly make any judgments on Rehfuss this early, but it's not looking good. Whoever is running this offense.

It's definitely true that Gait's last two recruiting cycles were atrocious which doesn't help things at all, especially when we have players who were supposed to be starters getting hurt left and right. However, I do still feel like we have players that can step up. I just feel like the talent isn't being utilized properly.

It's pretty much as simple as that. I get that KT wants to leave certain players in to instill confidence, but at some point you just gotta make the hard decision and do what's right to help this team win. Because what's being done right now, clearly isn't working. The ball is in her court though. If she wants to win, she will make the hard/neccessary changes. If she wants to continue to keep things the same, spoiler: things will not work out well for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom