Women's Lacrosse - SU 14, North Carolina 15 (OT) [ACC Championship]: Sun May 1, 1:00 PM RSN/ESPN3 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 14, North Carolina 15 (OT) [ACC Championship]: Sun May 1, 1:00 PM RSN/ESPN3

I firmly believe that if the NCAA sponsored women's horse riding, the ladies would be forced to ride side-saddle. :rolleyes:

What' with the practice of having the ladies in set positions, posing as if for a picture before the referee's whistle? It looked like they'd beamed down from the Enterprise in their poses.

Kayla is a great player but she has to come up a lot bigger at the end of close games than she did in this one.

RoofBeam said:
Kayla is a great player but she has to come up a lot bigger at the end of close games than she did in this one.
She's been huge for SU at the end of games for four years. You shouldn't really beat her up for her coach deciding to try to run out the clock with 5:00 minutes to go up two goals when UNC couldn't stop our offense. SU should have won this game by 3-4 goals in regulation.

Kayla's save at the end of regulation got them to the overtime. This loss is on Gait and the stupid turnovers.

Kayla got stripped near the end of the game and this led to the tying goal. She had several chances to take over the offense near the end of the game as she was being guarded one on one and it didn't look like UNC was being quick to double team. She is very unselfish but at crunch time the person who is arguably the most potent offensive force in woman's lacrosse on the college level has to impose her will.

Kayla's save at the end of regulation got them to the overtime. This loss is on Gait and the stupid turnovers.

just means they'll win the NCAA championship this year. This is the year.
I've watched a few of their games this year. Losses to UNC, Florida and Maryland. Maryland beat them going away, and it's likely they will get a 4 seed and have to play the Terps in the FF. I too thought this would be their year, but unless they get better all of a sudden at some fundamental issues they have, namely turnovers, and defense, I don't think they have as good of a chance to win this year as we hoped. Too bad too. Treanor's last year, and she definitely has the skills to take them all the way. Really need a win in the final game for Gait too. Have been close for a long time now.

I've watched a few of their games this year. Losses to UNC, Florida and Maryland. Maryland beat them going away, and it's likely they will get a 4 seed and have to play the Terps in the FF. I too thought this would be their year, but unless they get better all of a sudden at some fundamental issues they have, namely turnovers, and defense, I don't think they have as good of a chance to win this year as we hoped. Too bad too. Treanor's last year, and she definitely has the skills to take them all the way. Really need a win in the final game for Gait too. Have been close for a long time now.

We had Florida beat and ****** the game away. Two 1 goal losses to UNC and a W-T-F loss at BC.

We're going to have to get past Maryland at some point if we want a National Championship. Doesn't matter if we face them in the Semis or the Finals.

Sadly, I don't think anyone else is beating Maryland this year.

We had Florida beat and ****** the game away. Two 1 goal losses to UNC and a W-T-F loss at BC.

We're going to have to get past Maryland at some point if we want a National Championship. Doesn't matter if we face them in the Semis or the Finals.

Sadly, I don't think anyone else is beating Maryland this year.
I agree OX. Think we are on the same paying field as UNC and Florida. We lost those games on bad TO's at the end, which is the reason I said we will need to improve in that department in the tourney. The Florida loss was brutal. Bad bad TO. As for Maryland, you're right, we will have to beat them at some point, and in the game I watched, they looked much better than SU to my eye. I would have much rather had UNC playing Maryland in the FF then us however. Who knows. There are 3 very good teams, and one excellent team in MD. I know I am sick of seeing the Terps win. Eventually they will have to lose.

I agree OX. Think we are on the same paying field as UNC and Florida. We lost those games on bad TO's at the end, which is the reason I said we will need to improve in that department in the tourney. The Florida loss was brutal. Bad bad TO. As for Maryland, you're right, we will have to beat them at some point, and in the game I watched, they looked much better than SU to my eye. I would have much rather had UNC playing Maryland in the FF then us however. Who knows. There are 3 very good teams, and one excellent team in MD. I know I am sick of seeing the Terps win. Eventually they will have to lose.
once the shot clock is implemented next year I don't see them continuing their winning streak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom