Women's Lacrosse - SU 16 vs Northwestern 15: Sat Feb 11, 12 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 16 vs Northwestern 15: Sat Feb 11, 12 PM

Very surprised to see Sweitzer get the start in goal. But, she responded well. Save percentage of .423 which is really good especially as it was against a top caliber team in Northwestern.

Coaching seemed better - no coming out flat as a pancake which was a problem last season. Didn't really adjust to the draw control problems however.

Syracuse led in assists, ground balls and caused turnovers - all keys to the victory.

Sometimes they had a player who was too slow try to clear with predictable results.

The big failure was in draw controls where Northwestern doubled up Syracuse. It's a miracle this didn't sink them. So, credit the defense and goalie play. The issue seemed to be that the wings were totally out of position as was mentioned by commentator Alyssa Murray (former SU star). Stuff to work on.

If this is a sign of things to come, we are in good shape on both MLAX and WLAX.

Sorry, maybe I should know this, but what is the Stugotz connection to the women's lax team? Stugotz is on the Dan Lebatard Show on ESPN national radio and I think I saw a tweet from him or somebody that he made it in time from Florida for the start of today's game? Am I right or am I just seeing things?

Sorry, maybe I should know this, but what is the Stugotz connection to the women's lax team? Stugotz is on the Dan Lebatard Show on ESPN national radio and I think I saw a tweet from him or somebody that he made it in time from Florida for the start of today's game? Am I right or am I just seeing things?
His daughter plays for Northwestern

Great win.

You'd think title 9 or some type of protection would help with getting these women helmets like the guys have. Or is it just lawsuits from a tragedy that would make this happen? I just don't understand why this is allowed.

Great win.

You'd think title 9 or some type of protection would help with getting these women helmets like the guys have. Or is it just lawsuits from a tragedy that would make this happen? I just don't understand why this is allowed.
The helmet debate. I believe it is inevitable that they will wear helmets but many traditionalists believe the girls game will get more physical. The game is already physical so I’m in the camp of let the girls play with helmets. IMO, it is a lawsuit away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom