SU 61 at Drexel 62: Mon Nov 21, 7 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 61 at Drexel 62: Mon Nov 21, 7 PM

That happy bubble burst quickly. Reading their press clippings? I can't imagine Q is that unhappy about this. Motivation and teaching moment.

Refs were terrible, but so were we for a team ranked as high as we are, and with the level of experience out there. Too many missed free throws and shots at the end. And then we left them wide open for that last 3. Sad but we will survive.

Ouch. Bad loss for the gals. went down to Drexel.

I like Q. He's a great recruiter, likeable guy, and motivational. But I question his ability as a bench coach sometimes. I think tonight's loss is on him.

Yes, Drexel is a good team and it was on the road. But, we were much bigger and more athletic inside. Why on earth we didn't pound it down low, I don't know.

They were hitting big three after big three down to the end. We stayed in JB's zone and left wide open shots from outside and allowed them inside. It may have been JB's zone but it wasn't JB coaching and making the appropriate adjustments. The few times we went man to man, it worked pretty well. We should have played it more, and definitely, for the last possession!~

The press was not consistent and when Drexel made the adjustment of going over the top of the press, it could have been much worse, if Drexel didn't miss three layups.

And last but not least, we could have still won the game if we made a few more free throws, which we were horrible at tonight.

If that's not enough, we have a murderous schedule coming up before conference play begins. I do think we are a top 20 team though, and Q did take us to the final four last year.

Courage!

I watched this game. They were lackluster from the very beginning, very nonchalant, careless, disinterested. I mean Drexel played tough but no way should this have been close let alone lose. Stop reading the press clippings ladies...

We need to generate turnovers to win but SU had more turnovers (17 vs 13). SU only got 5 points off turnovers while Drexel got 13. Not good with our pressure defense.

Coupled with bad free throw shooting - we hurt ourselves. 8 for 18 won't do it. Hope they bounce back, learn from it and execute. Lots of new pieces and increasing roles for the team , with only 3 bench points in the game. Go SU!

The best part is that after last year our expectations of the women's team are now so much higher. Just a sign that this program has arrived!! Free throw shooting definitely did us in. Some freshman learning their roles also. And Day coming back from an injury, only in her 2nd game. Probably need a little more team bonding.
I was at a practice a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say, I was extremely impressed. They run a very tight practice and there are very high expectations from Coach Q. If you run sprints, and he thinks you are doing it half a...d he will have you run them again. I have been at a men's practice last year, and watched very lackluster sprints, and the coaches only rolling their eyes at it.

I assume if Brittney got a technical it was for a good reason. She is the last player to be hot headed in this situation. Or the refs were as crazy as they were the whole game, and heard something that was not said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom