SU 76, Albany 59: Sunday March 20, 12:00 PM ESPN2 | Syracusefan.com

SU 76, Albany 59: Sunday March 20, 12:00 PM ESPN2

Great job at the Dome putting the men's game on all the monitors plus opening Club44 to one and all to watch there as well. No excuse not to come out and support the women's team even if the men are playing at the same time.

Let's go Orange! Men and women!

Jon Mettus ‏@jmettus 20m20 minutes ago
Shereesha Richards on the Carrier Dome and adjustments she has to make playing in it: "It's just another gym."

Guard Erin Coughlin: "We can play and beat big teams."

Shereesha Richards on if she's thinking about the Sweet 16: "Not really, but kind of. We'll see what happens tomorrow."

Erin Coughlin: "I think we made a lot of people proud with out win yesterday."

Coach A: "We love being the underdog ... They're focused right now."

Coach A said teams Albany has played in conference have so many trick plays to get open 3s. She's not worried about Syracuse 3-pt shooters.

Coach A on welcoming Syracuse's press:"Nobody wants to get pressed. I don't want to get pressed."

Coach A said Brianna Butler is the one player they need to shut down. Added that she and Alexis Peterson make the team run.

Paul Schwedelson ‏@pschweds 26m26 minutes ago
Albany's Shereesha Richards on celebrating the upset win: "We enjoyed it all of yesterday. But yesterday's gone."

Erin Coughlin: "We always say they put on their jerseys the same way we do. We just have to keep that in mind."

Abrahamson-Henderson: "Woo, they live and die by the 3."

Abrahamson-Henderson says one benefit of Richards only playing 22 minutes and fouling out is that she'll have fresh legs for tomorrow.

Jon Mettus ‏@jmettus 1m1 minute ago
Peterson: "you're playing for your seasons' lives ... I just want to play my part."

Peterson on Albany's HC saying it needs to stop Butler: "If she doesn't think she needs to stop all 10 of us then that's her problem."

Briana Day speaking to Shareesha Richards aggressiveness. She says she has to match that on Sunday.

Briana Day on continuing to shoot 3s against Albany's zone: "We're going to shoot whether you're right there or you're not."

Hillsman watched Albany's conference championship game just for fun. He says he knows the program well.

Hillsman on Albany: "You can win so many games that you forget how to lose and I think that they've done that."

Hillsman: "Albany has won 5 straight championships and we've won none. ... We're not overlooking anybody."

Hillsman back to his old routine about how Butler needs to shoot more. She's made just 4 3s in the last 3 games.

Hillsman says SU will shoot 50 3s tomorrow if Albany is in the 3-2 zone. "If we make 4 we'll probably lose but if we make 14 we'll win."

Last edited:
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-march-madness-predictions/

The women are given an 84% chance to make the sweet 16 but only a 15% chance of beating S. Carolina who this model says will also make it to the final 16. Let's win tomorrow and prove the experts wrong.

Last year SC had the home crowd advantage for the meeting between the two. This year they would be playing on neutral ground plus I think we are a better team than last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom