SU 9 Binghamton 0 at the Half | Syracusefan.com

SU 9 Binghamton 0 at the Half

HEADstrong Fnd ‏@HEADstrongFnd 5h
FINAL: @SUMensLax 14 @BellarmineLax 5

BzrQF6PCEAEV_3S.jpg

'Cuse Closes Fall with Two Scrimmage Victories (Cuse.com)

Syracuse 15, Bellarmine 5
SU Scoring (Goals-Assists): D. Donahue (3-1), K. Rice (2-2), S. Salcido (3-0), T. Barber (2-0), D. DeJoe (2-0), J. Evans (1-1), R. Simmons (1-0), N. Manning (1-0), H. McGinley (0-1), H. Lecky (0-1), M. Lane (0-1)

SU Saves: E. Molloy 6, B. Wardwell 3

Syracuse 13, Binghamton 6
SU Scoring (Goals-Assists): K. Rice (2-4), D. Donahue (3-3), N. Weston (2-0), Jordan Evans (1-1), B. Williams (1-0), P. Ciferri (1-0), N. Galasso (1-0), B. Daly (1-0), R. Simmons (1-0), H. McGinley (0-1), J.T. Forkin (0-1)

SU Saves: W. Hill 3, P. Ferrigan 1

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...stra-bellarmine-hartford-monmouth-notes/29928

Syracuse
The Orangemen already looked in midseason form. Coach John Desko’s loaded team back came in great shape, moved the ball extremely well, defended well and after five weeks of practice were sharp.

Syracuse toyed with Bellarmine in its first game and in a real class move, Desko asked the scorekeepers to take down the score and start over again in the second half.

Dylan Donahue looked great, Kevin Rice, Bob Wardwell, Hakeem Lecky, Sergio Salcido and Tim Barber all followed suit. The most intriguing player for the Orange was hulking 6-foot-8 redshirt freshman middie Matt Lane. He moved well for someone his size, and in the ACC, his length could prove to be a big help for Syracuse if he continues to improve.

“I thought the attack looked particularly good, but they’re all returning starters from last year’s team,” Desko said. “We had good spacing on the offense and the defense was pretty stingy. Overall, I’d say I was pleased. Tim Barber, a transfer, did a good job. Wardwell did well. Matt Lane did pretty well, too.”

http://www.laxmagazine.com/college_men/DI/2014-15/news/101214_colleluori_event_brings_out_lacrosse-s

Senior midfielder Nicky Galasso was named the Syracuse recipient of the Nick Colleluori Award and said the speech made at halftime of the event by HEADstrong President Cheryl Colleluori brought tears. His mother, Cindy, passed away 10 years ago due to lung cancer and a brain tumor and he also was touched by Katherine Frega's inspirational story.

"It's an honor getting the award and I feel for the (Colleluori) family," Galasso said. "That girl's story hit my heart. I started tearing up, thinking of my mom."

Galasso's Orange also excelled, defeating Bellarmine, 14-5 and Binghamton, 13-6.

"As a team I think we did pretty well - I think we had to pick up where we left off at our Alumni game. I think we are playing pretty well and we're excited for the season."

Syracuse's lone Philly player, senior defenseman Bobby Tait (Germantown Academy) enjoyed coming home and seeing his team close Fall Ball with momentum.

"It was a really awesome event," said Tait. "It's always great coming home and seeing family, but the cause here is the most important thing. Being from the area, I have always known what the (HEADstrong Foundation) message is, but wherever you're from, upstate or anywhere around the country, I think the message is important and everyone should be aware of it.

"I think we always have things to work on, but it's good to play against someone else and see our strengths and weaknesses. Luckily, we brought a lot of guys back and I think we can make a run again."

17105.jpg

Kudos to Sergio Salcido - this kid came from a non hotbed of lacrosse in Florida, he is a great athlete who no one really expected to see a lot of the field in his first few years but he has forced the coaching staff to give him more playing time, first off the wings at faceoff to explot his athletisim and speed and last season as a SSDM. This season he has really worked on his shooting and looked like a valid 1st/2nd line offesnive middie, running past his Defensmen with ease down the alley and showed some very smart shot selection, he has obviously worked on in the off season!

Great to see!

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...stra-bellarmine-hartford-monmouth-notes/29928

Syracuse
The Orangemen already looked in midseason form. Coach John Desko’s loaded team back came in great shape, moved the ball extremely well, defended well and after five weeks of practice were sharp.

Syracuse toyed with Bellarmine in its first game and in a real class move, Desko asked the scorekeepers to take down the score and start over again in the second half.

Dylan Donahue looked great, Kevin Rice, Bob Wardwell, Hakeem Lecky, Sergio Salcido and Tim Barber all followed suit. The most intriguing player for the Orange was hulking 6-foot-8 redshirt freshman middie Matt Lane. He moved well for someone his size, and in the ACC, his length could prove to be a big help for Syracuse if he continues to improve.

“I thought the attack looked particularly good, but they’re all returning starters from last year’s team,” Desko said. “We had good spacing on the offense and the defense was pretty stingy. Overall, I’d say I was pleased. Tim Barber, a transfer, did a good job. Wardwell did well. Matt Lane did pretty well, too.”
View attachment 27820

Kudos to Sergio Salcido - this kid came from a non hotbed of lacrosse in Florida, he is a great athlete who no one really expected to see a lot of the field in his first few years but he has forced the coaching staff to give him more playing time, first off the wings at faceoff to explot his athletisim and speed and last season as a SSDM. This season he has really worked on his shooting and looked like a valid 1st/2nd line offesnive middie, running past his Defensmen with ease down the alley and showed some very smart shot selection, he has obviously worked on in the off season!

Great to see![/QU
Guess that answers my previous Matt Lane ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom