SU Alum Kevin Brown Suspended By Orioles | Syracusefan.com

SU Alum Kevin Brown Suspended By Orioles

Symphony Steve

All American
Yet more proof that Al Angelos is a stone-cold idiot. How can you bleeping suspend Brown for this?:

Click on the vid. Why was he suspended?:

"A source told the Athletic that the Orioles suspended Brown because ownership thought his comments made the team sound cheap."

Sound cheap? Angelos?

Yet more proof that Al Angelos is a stone-cold idiot. How can you bleeping suspend Brown for this?:

"A source told the Athletic that the Orioles suspended Brown because ownership thought his comments made the team sound cheap."

Sound cheap? Angelos?
Figured he was an SU guy since a lot of SU alums were going to bat for him on Twitter.

Sound cheap? Angelos?
I can't think of a person I dislike more than Peter Angelos.

Gary Cohen just joined the chorus, calling Kevin Brown "one of the great young broadcasting talents in baseball" and saying that "If the Orioles don't want Kevin Brown to call their games, there are 29 other clubs that would love to have him". (Does that include the Mets?) A couple of weeks back, Gary pronounced Jason Benetti of the White Sox as "one of the great young talents in the game". When the then Chiefs had those two in their broadcast booth, we had a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

Sound cheap? Angelos?

And who did the graphics that contained the information he read off? Who decided to incorporate that information into the broadcast? Are those guys suspended?

And who did the graphics that contained the information he read off? Who decided to incorporate that information into the broadcast? Are those guys suspended?

If those guys get suspended as well, it would be merely doubling down on the stupidity.

None of them did anything wrong. Nobody including Brown should be suspended.

Gary Cohen just joined the chorus, calling Kevin Brown "one of the great young broadcasting talents in baseball" and saying that "If the Orioles don't want Kevin Brown to call their games, there are 29 other clubs that would love to have him". (Does that include the Mets?) A couple of weeks back, Gary pronounced Jason Benetti of the White Sox as "one of the great young talents in the game". When the then Chiefs had those two in their broadcast booth, we had a pretty good deal.
I watched the clip twice before reading anything about it, assuming it would be something obvious. At the end, I was like "What'd he do? What did I miss here?"

Just insanity that Orioles ownership felt the need to distract from their best season in years with this nonsense.

I watched the clip twice before reading anything about it, assuming it would be something obvious. At the end, I was like "What'd he do? What did I miss here?"

Just insanity that Orioles ownership felt the need to distract from their best season in years with this nonsense.

Maybe Peter Angelos was jealous of all the attention his team was getting and decided "I want everybody talking about me!" That sounds in-character.

Graduated around the same time from SU. A couple of posters here are good friends with him. Entire thing is ridiculous.

O’s fans – I’m a storyteller. And never want to be a part of the story. The most compelling story in baseball right now is the story of the league-leading Baltimore Orioles – the best, most exciting young team in the American League.

Unfortunately, recent media reports have mischaracterized my relationship with my adopted hometown Orioles. The fact is that I have a wonderful relationship with the organization, and our ownership and front office has fully supported me since 2019 when I first came aboard.

I ask that everyone disregard the distracting noise of the past few days. I have worked closely with O’s SVP Greg Bader for the past four years, and John Angelos and I have a solid dialogue based on mutual respect. We are all good here in Birdland!

I am proud to be an Oriole and call Baltimore home, and there is no place in baseball I’d rather be now and for the long haul. Go O’s!

O’s fans – I’m a storyteller. And never want to be a part of the story. The most compelling story in baseball right now is the story of the league-leading Baltimore Orioles – the best, most exciting young team in the American League.

Unfortunately, recent media reports have mischaracterized my relationship with my adopted hometown Orioles. The fact is that I have a wonderful relationship with the organization, and our ownership and front office has fully supported me since 2019 when I first came aboard.

I ask that everyone disregard the distracting noise of the past few days. I have worked closely with O’s SVP Greg Bader for the past four years, and John Angelos and I have a solid dialogue based on mutual respect. We are all good here in Birdland!

I am proud to be an Oriole and call Baltimore home, and there is no place in baseball I’d rather be now and for the long haul. Go O’s!

blade-runner-poster.jpg