SU and UConn set to play at MSG this year | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

SU and UConn set to play at MSG this year

1) Plenty of *actual big-name teams* we can set up games with in the Garden
2) No, ucon won't get games in the Garden unless it's part of one of those preseason tourneys/showcases or something
3) Why in the he11 do you want to talk anything with those dimwits? I'll re-ask my question - do you read what is posted about our program, our coaches, our players over there and shared as common sentiment?
My main argument was in favor of playing at MSG no matter the opponent. This all started because some posters said:

"Why are we playing UConn at MSG? We don't need it. We're already playing South Carolina in Brooklyn." As if they would have just turned down this opportunity.

I'm all for getting as many games at MSG as possible. I'd love to play Kansas, MSU, Florida there. If it happens to be UConn, so be it.

You lost all credibility with this last statement. We rarely compete with UConn? Do you follow recruiting at all?

2014: UConn really wanted McCullough
2015: UConn really wanted Richardson and Diagne
2016: UConn really wanted Battle

In the last 3 recruiting classes, we competed with UConn for literally half (4 of 8) of our commits.

And this 2017 class is extremely important, if we want to establish ourselves as the unquestioned NCAAB team in the Northeast. Losing these critical NYC kids to UConn or MD or whoever would not be a good look.

They will lose more and more of those - top kids on the whole want to play the best, not ECU and other directionals in front of empty seats. If they don't find a P5 lifeboat it's gonna be brutal on them. They could play us 5x at MSG and they'll bleed to death anyway.

They will lose more and more of those - top kids on the whole want to play the best, not ECU and other directionals in front of empty seats. If they don't find a P5 lifeboat it's gonna be brutal on them. They could play us 5x at MSG and they'll bleed to death anyway.

Well, in November it's going to be year four in the AAC and it doesn't look like their recruiting has suffered much.

You lost all credibility with this last statement. We rarely compete with UConn? Do you follow recruiting at all?

2014: UConn really wanted McCullough
2015: UConn really wanted Richardson and Diagne
2016: UConn really wanted Battle

In the last 3 recruiting classes, we competed with UConn for literally half (4 of 8) of our commits.

And this 2017 class is extremely important, if we want to establish ourselves as the unquestioned NCAAB team in the Northeast. Losing these critical NYC kids to UConn or MD or whoever would not be a good look.

I'm really not worried about our recruiting at all if you follow it.

This is really one of these instances where I DO think you are TOO close to the Boneyard.

I mean they weren't even in Battles final cuts, so if they wanted him, it certainly wasn't reciprocated. We've owned northern Jersey for a while now.

I agree with this. And it would be a good talking point for JB/Hop/G-Mac to be able to say to those NYC recruits (Diallo, Tucker, Richards, Bamba) that we beat UConn by 20 at MSG.

Well, in November it's going to be year four in the AAC and it doesn't look like their recruiting has suffered much.

If there is a Ray Allen, Kemba Walker, Charlie Villanueva, Donyell Marshall, etc in this bunch point them out. They finished 6th in the A last year.

If there is a Ray Allen, Kemba Walker, Charlie Villanueva, Donyell Marshall, etc in this bunch point them out. They finished 6th in the A last year.

Gilbert will be a great player. The other guys they got this year are program type guys.

Beating UConn on a big stage year after year goes a much longer way in solidifying us as the more prominent northeast program than pretending they don't exist and refusing to schedule them. As EastCoast said us not playing them wouldn't make that material of a difference on their national profile.

Schedule them, beat them, it's on a big stage, fun game to play in and sell to recruits who grew up watching the BE battles. We beat them as often as we have lately and then we tell Nick Richards, Hami Diallo, Jordan Tucker etc. if you want to stay close to home we're the big dog in the region and have proven it head to head. What's the problem with that?

As some have said, for the generation of people under 35 UConn is a big time program. People under that age don't care that they weren't good until the early mid 90's when growing up you've seen them win 4 titles. It's delusional to think just because we don't schedule UConn it will be this massive blow to their program.

And who seriously cares what other boards people go on? If you care then you take internet message boards way too seriously.

Why pick one when you can say all 3? ;)

Because the other 2 matter a lot more.

Those recruits that you said grew up on UConn - SU were 12 and under when we went to the ACC

Jaylen Adams is pretty good.

And if you consistently bring in McDonalds All American caliber talent (Hamilton, Adams, Gilbert) you're chances of scoring that caliber of player are pretty good.

Because the other 2 matter a lot more.

Those recruits that you said grew up on UConn - SU were 12 and under when we went to the ACC

Not sure the math actually checks out that way but I can tell you when I was 14-17 I still remembered rivalries I watched growing up in elementary and middle school. Then last year at Thanksgiving they see us play and hear all about the past moments in the rivalry while we play and beat them in another great game. Current high school guys saw many more UConn/SU battles than SU and any other school.

Also, does this mean someone should tell JB to stop playing the 6OT game on a loop in the Melo Center?

Also, does this mean someone should tell JB to stop playing the 6OT game on a loop in the Melo Center?

Drop the mic!

walterwhite.png

Syracuse has been in the ACC for less than 3 years. It was July 1, 2013. The all-important class of 2017 is 17 years old right now, and some of them are 18, which is why you hear rumors from time to time of reclassification. They were certainly older than 12 years old when we joined the ACC.

Source: I'm a mathematician

Syracuse has been in the ACC for less than 3 years. It was July 1, 2013. The all-important class of 2017 is 17 years old right now, and some of them are 18, which is why you hear rumors from time to time of reclassification. They were certainly older than 12 years old when we joined the ACC.

Source: I'm a mathematician

Ha, well done.

So 2017 top 30 Center Zach Brown decided to decommit from UConn today, so theres that...

over the past 6 years they are 8 games over .500 in league play. The two miracle runs covered up their average at best play over that time period. It's happening.

We've been predicting Uconns fall for twenty years. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to turn into Bonaventure.

Uh, no. We only got into the ACC a few years ago, like three if I'm not mistaken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom