SU Christmas Presents | Syracusefan.com

SU Christmas Presents

cpatrocks

Starter
My family tells me I am really easy to shop for because they can just get me something with my favorite teams on it (SU, Mets, Cowboys).

This year I am expecting the new JB Book and the usual SU T-Shirt or two.

Who else usually hauls in SU gear at Christmas time?

I usually will get some SU gear from my Mother-in-law at Christmas. Since she knows I'm an alum and a huge SU fan, every Christmas I get something. This year, like you, I think I'm getting JB's new book.

I have his book on my list, along with a few articles of clothing, some steiner memorabilia, and other odds and ends.

I've received an orange and blue artificial tree, tons of ornaments, blankets, clothing, game tickets (before I had seasons) and who knows what else. I can't get enough.

This year, my boss gave everyone in my department a bottle of wine with two glasses. One glass has the employee's name on it and the other had their spouse's name. My glass, however, was the best of all beacuse it had CUSE on one side and a big block 'S' on the other.

My family tells me I am really easy to shop for because they can just get me something with my favorite teams on it (SU, Mets, Cowboys).

I thought I was the only SU, Mets, and Cowboys fan out there.

Being floored seems to make receiving gifts more enjoyable for me as well. I generally just take the attitude that the gifts are a bonus. ;)

I think floored is a misused term by most. I believe it carries a negative connotation, as if being restrained or feeling helpless. Perhaps elated or overjoyed would be more appropriate.

I think floored is a misused term by most. I believe it carries a negative connotation, as if being restrained or feeling helpless. Perhaps elated or overjoyed would be more appropriate.

I see what you're saying, but I think it can be ambiguous. At least in my case, "bound for the floor" can have multiple connotations. The song, however, is a pretty decent commentary on the state of affairs in America and everybody's price.

All i get and ask for is Syracuse themed gifts. Christmas and birthdays must be easier that anything for anyone in my life when they have to shop for me.

So far I have gotten:

SU Socks
SU Sweatshirt
JB's Book.

and round two of presents is coming up. Someone gave me a book on the 70's Steelers - What! They assumed since I liked football I'd want to read it. Wrong.

Boeheim Book
Carrier Dome - Home of Champions parking sign
Nike Elite Orange and Gray hoops warm-up (the gray between the orange on the front and on the back feels like rubber)...

COWBOYS?

Classic one of these things is not like the others.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom