SU Exhibition Games Announced (SUA) | Syracusefan.com

SU Exhibition Games Announced (SUA)

SYRACUSE, NY – Syracuse will open its 2014-15 men's basketball season with exhibition games against Carleton (Canada) and Adrian (Mich.). The Orange will host the Ravens on November 2 and the Bulldogs on Nov. 10, both in the Carrier Dome.

http://cuse.com/news/2014/7/21/MBBSchedule72114.aspx#.U80xtPldWHg

I love the Carleton game. It's good exposure to help get the best Canadian recruits! And it's really interesting to play a team from another country. It should be good one to get the team started.

And a Michigan team also helps with recruiting. Now they just have to schedule a game with Georgetown!

I love the Carleton game. It's good exposure to help get the best Canadian recruits! And it's really interesting to play a team from another country. It should be good one to get the team started.

And a Michigan team also helps with recruiting. Now they just have to schedule a game with Georgetown!
Haven't they already announced a 4 games series with Georgetown?

orangedave said:
Haven't they already announced a 4 games series with Georgetown?

They have, but everyone knows they are only worthy of being part if our exhibition schedule. :)

Adrian? Really? Must be a game scheduled for the walk-ons to play.

Nothing wrong with an exhibition game like that imho. Carelton will be a good test so it will be good to have one game to get as many guys as we can some extended playing time. We've got a lot of guys stepping into new roles that I'd like to see get some confidence regardless of opponent. One thing that frustrated me about some of our non-conference games last year was our inability to build big leads or sustain leads in a few games that I felt we could have (down by 6 to Cornell at the half, only up 10 vs Colgate, up by 3 vs High Point, letting Eastern Michigan back into the game after it looked like blowout city) so that JB felt more comfortable getting the younger guys some additional PT. Now some may argue that JB should have felt comfortable enough in a few of those games to get the guys some more minutes, but we all know he plays the guys he is most comfortable with until he is sure of the win.

Adrian? Really? Must be a game scheduled for the walk-ons to play.
It's exhibition but we have lost one in recent years. The dumpiest teams play harder than ever. They want to know how good they can be so they give us everything they have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom