SU football | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU football

1) If what you say here is correct - that you possess unique insight that the vast majority of the Syracuse fan base does not - and that Shafer was in the midst of building something special and that Tim Lester is "a great offensive coordinator", then the real professionals tasked with identifying and hiring talent will be beating down the door to hire Shafer as head coach and Lester as an offensive coordinator. Surely those not emotionally invested in the wins and losses of the Syracuse program will be able to view the situation objectively and reach the same conclusions you do.

We'll see

2) Enough with the accusations of Kool Aid drinking. It is the kind of arrogant statement that has no place in constructive debate between adults. You should be able to rise or fall on the strength of your argument. To reduce yourself of claiming anyone who thinks differently from you is mindless means you've failed.

For a guy who started his first post with:

you've done a wonderful job of exhibiting what you've decried.
The Kool Aid quip was sarcastic and I am only stating my opinion which is held by many of his peers.
How many offensive coordinators used a walk on quarterback this year replacing a true freshman tasked with running a sophisticated offense.

But enough I have been rooting for the Orange since 1960 and will continue but truly question our direction and the thought that we will win ACC championships.

I never said anything about mindless spoke more about civility.

Go Orange and Shafer and Lester will be fine as they are very respected.