SU IPF ranked one of the Best | Syracusefan.com

SU IPF ranked one of the Best

I just saw this as well. On the one hand, it's only Bleacher Report.

On the other hand, this is awesome. Eric White has already tweeted it out. This beast is going to be paying dividends after just a couple short months.

Now that is money well invested.

I've been to a few and have seen ours. Yeah, I don't see us being anywhere close to the top 10.

Most of them do. A browsing of images shows that some look nicer, some don't but that SU's would not be out of place.

Kind of what I thought. Not trying to complain about SU being in that list, but it just seemed odd not to see OU or Okie St at least. Interesting that Vandy's was the only one with a track around it (I am pretty sure ND has one in their facility), but these things aren't as multi-purpose as I thought they might be with the costs associated with them.

I've been to a few and have seen ours. Yeah, I don't see us being anywhere close to the top 10.
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A brick facade is just that...a facade...don't fall for the B1G glitter

Also what other school has 2 full length indoor facilities. BTW, one capable of seating 50k. Then throw in Manley and I think Cuse gets ahead of every other school out there.

jeez we get some good publicity for once and people still gotta be negative. Self loathing much? Dont we have enough bad press with the allegations and sanctions, can we enjoy some good news for once?

Self loathing and realism are two different things. In reality, our IPF gets the job done. But to call it one of the top in the country is having blinders on.

Also what other school has 2 full length indoor facilities.

10409773.jpeg

10409655.jpeg

Self loathing and realism are two different things. In reality, our IPF gets the job done. But to call it one of the top in the country is having blinders on.
I'm sorry, but how is it having blinders on when it wasn't anyone here saying it's one of the best, but a national sports media outlet making that claim?

Does Bleacher Report have Syracuse blinders for some bizarre reason?

the article says the Syracuse one has all the bells and whistles so what's missing?

I think it was also pretty astute to make the layout/sidelines/wall/lighting the same footprint as the Dome. Those are details that would be overlooked by typical designers/planners.

I'm sorry, but how is it having blinders on when it wasn't anyone here saying it's one of the best, but a national sports media outlet making that claim?

Does Bleacher Report have Syracuse blinders for some bizarre reason?

No, Bleacher Report should be taken with zero credibility and our fans actually believing that ranking is having blinders on.

what's so great about that place, the windows?

You can punt in it, it's over 25,000 square feet larger, it includes coaches offices and a raised observation deck, and it looks friggin' baller.

Kinda strange, they play on a field with a crown but the practice field is flat?

I can completely understand - I struggle with walking on my patio since it has a 1 degree grade versus walking on the grass.

You can punt in it, it's over 25,000 square feet larger, it includes coaches offices and a raised observation deck, and it looks friggin' baller.

It doesn’t look to me like you can punt in it. Maybe if the punt is directly in the middle of the peak.

An observation deck? I’d rather have a lift but that’s me. The Syracuse facility 'looks' just as nice. But i don't think the article was measuring looks.

And anyhow, Michigan was in the top 10. Maybe you should concentrate on disparaging the SU facility with facilities not in the top 10.

And oh by the way, the DT tackle from Alabama, his father said our facilities stack up with anybody. The Florida weight room bigger, that was about it if I recall correctly.