SU IPF ranked one of the Best | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU IPF ranked one of the Best

Self loathing and realism are two different things. In reality, our IPF gets the job done. But to call it one of the top in the country is having blinders on.
What blinders would the person who did the rating have on? Is he a big SU fan?

You seem to struggle on what message board to post on so I understand.

Here we go again... If you have a contrary view, then obviously your fandom has to be questioned. I thought you were better than that.

I apologize to the Syracusefan community for thinking that our IPF is not one of the top-10 in the country.

Vanderbilt's field cuts off before the endzone from side to side..why not make it full? so weird. Honestly...other than being wider..Michigan's is no different then ours Nasa. Our coaches offices are right next door in Manley. I guess we can say we have 3 indoor practice facilities so we have the best arrangement in college football. :)

Here we go again... If you have a contrary view, then obviously your fandom has to be questioned. I thought you were better than that.

I apologize to the Syracusefan community for thinking that our IPF is not one of the top-10 in the country.

Judging a barn with field turf seems random. Ours fits the dimensions of our stadium perfectly. Not sure what else there needs to be.

It has nothing to do with being contrary. It has to do with absolutely everything being brought back to Michigan, and how great Michigan is, and how much better everything is about Michigan.

Honestly...other than being wider..Michigan's is no different then ours Nasa.

I've been to both and it's not even remotely close. Actually, it's frustrating to see how much money UofM can spend on facilities and how much SU struggles to find the cash.

University_of_Michigan_August_2013_261_(Al_Glick_Field_House).jpg

SU's is just as nice as that?

It has nothing to do with being contrary. It has to do with absolutely everything being brought back to Michigan, and how great Michigan is, and how much better everything is about Michigan.

It's a point of reference that I know incredibly well. That's just an example of one of the top facilities in the country. The IPF is a steel building with siding and a field. It is what it is. No more, no less.

Who gives a Shat what the outside of it looks like?

From Jameis Winston and Bryce Petty's workouts with Harbaugh at UofM:

Winston: "These guys don't know how blessed they are to have this kind of facility. I mean, Florida State, we're a very prestigious school, we have nice stuff, but we don't have this. I'm sorry, I love Florida State. Go 'Noles till the day I die, but they're so much [more] advanced than us."

(Michigan's 104,000-square foot indoor facility opened in 2009 and is about the same size as FSU's, which opened in 2013. Baylor's is about 73,000 square feet.)

Petty: "This is bar none the best one that I've seen. We've got great ones in Waco, you know I love what we had at Baylor, and so it's cool to kind of see other places, and this is definitely by far one of the best I've seen."

funny side note though...it still kills me that cuse.com has YET to put the IPF on their facilities page for the campus. They REALLY can't get anything right.

And why the hell can't they put up a block 'S' on it?

I've been to both and it's not even remotely close. Actually, it's frustrating to see how much money UofM can spend on facilities and how much SU struggles to find the cash.

University_of_Michigan_August_2013_261_(Al_Glick_Field_House).jpg

SU's is just as nice as that?
Of course not. No one said it is just as nice as that.

:eat popcorn:
This is getting good

Well, Giansante was too busy being fired.
or according to him " taking a leave of absence" haha... he has taken a mental leave of absence since his hire date on the hill.

Our IPF has a cool look to it though. I like the roof design. It isnt a simple barn look like most of the others.
Exactly. IPF's aren't rocket science you know!

You can put lipstick on a indoor practice facility...but in the end its still an indoor practice facility. Im glad we finally have one. I think our facilities match up with anyone in the Country when all is said and done across all sports. We have the best basketball facility in college, and we have great facilities for football as well. We are lucky to have what we have considering we are a private university that doesnt get state money like Michigan and all the big state schools, or the Alabama's of the world that get SEC donor money every day of the week.

The IPF was architecturally and aesthetically designed to look like the Melo center and the surrounding buildings. A brick façade would have looked out of place.
That kind of logic won't fly around here.

Can the team practice indoors when it's snowing? They can? Great!

Can the team practice on a full 120 yard field? They can? Great!

Does this facility actually exist, freeing up more space to go around? It does? Great!

Is it one of the best in the country? Who cares!

Does it allow a poster on here to flap parts of his body around as he compares the facilities of one school he attended to another? Unfortunately, yes.