SU IPF ranked one of the Best | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU IPF ranked one of the Best

From Jameis Winston and Bryce Petty's workouts with Harbaugh at UofM:

Winston: "These guys don't know how blessed they are to have this kind of facility. I mean, Florida State, we're a very prestigious school, we have nice stuff, but we don't have this. I'm sorry, I love Florida State. Go 'Noles till the day I die, but they're so much [more] advanced than us."

(Michigan's 104,000-square foot indoor facility opened in 2009 and is about the same size as FSU's, which opened in 2013. Baylor's is about 73,000 square feet.)

Petty: "This is bar none the best one that I've seen. We've got great ones in Waco, you know I love what we had at Baylor, and so it's cool to kind of see other places, and this is definitely by far one of the best I've seen."
Not for nothing...but the least credible kid i would ever quote on opinion is Winston. I don't care how talented that guy is...i don't want "student" athletes like that at Syracuse.

Not for nothing...but the least credible kid i would ever quote on opinion is Winston. I don't care how talented that guy is...i don't want "student" athletes like that at Syracuse.

Is Bryce Petty fine?

I've been to both and it's not even remotely close. Actually, it's frustrating to see how much money UofM can spend on facilities and how much SU struggles to find the cash.

University_of_Michigan_August_2013_261_(Al_Glick_Field_House).jpg

SU's is just as nice as that?

Awesome an aircraft hangar with bricks.

Here is mine...and one of my aircraft in stereo...LOL
RAFB T-43.jpg
RAFB T-43.jpg

Last edited:
And why the hell can't they put up a block 'S' on it?
There was this little thing about a donation and a name for the facility. For the record, SU records from multiple remote cameras on the ceiling, not a plaform on the sideline. SU's facility is about 10,000 sf smaller (so larger than Baylor's) and you can't punt in either. CL is entirely correct about the design aesthetic. UM's is also a steel building. The brick is also a facade. We did have more natural light, but that was VE'd out. Otherwise, I don't see how UM's is any more functional. The lunar lander was ugly, but it worked.

Is Bryce Petty fine?

Sure he is. We have had many kids say they were super impressed with our IPF as well though. So I don't know what to say i guess?

I'll tell you what though..as soon as we put the statues of Brown, Davis and Little out front...ours will look better than anyone's. Simply un-matchable at that point.

I hear these guys have a kick-ass IPF...

App-St.gif

My brother-in-law went to App State - the first time I met him he was, coincidentally obviously, wearing an App State National Champs shirt.

I was actually in Syracuse at the Minnesota game when that happened. Never saw the game.

By the way, let's just get this out of the way:

1) Bleacher Report may or may not be garbage (it is)
2) We may or may not belong on a list of top 10 IPF's (I have no clue)
Most importantly:
3) Who cares! Bleacher Report is owned by CNN/SI and is a massive national network, so even if the content is garbage, you know what? It's still national stuff, which recruits see, and this is something our coaches can ABSOLUTELY USE to our benefit.

#3 is good enough for me.

By the way, let's just get this out of the way:

1) Bleacher Report may or may not be garbage (it is)
2) We may or may not belong on a list of top 10 IPF's (I have no clue)
Most importantly:
3) Who cares! Bleacher Report is owned by CNN/SI and is a massive national network, so even if the content is garbage, you know what? It's still national stuff, which recruits see, and this is something our coaches can ABSOLUTELY USE to our benefit.

#3 is good enough for me.

Seriously, people trash Bleacher Report "Any hack can write for them", yet my newsfeeds and timelines are fuilled with their content in the form of retweets and shares.

Awesome an aircraft hangar with bricks.

Here is mine...and one of my aircraft in stereo...LOL
View attachment 38830 View attachment 38830

I can't tell you how many times we played football in a hangar. We were hardnosed but we were also Government property (leased, mind you) so we limited it to "touch", a very aggressive and physical "touch" football. For the record, grass and turf are better options than two feet of concrete, just this fan's opinion.

I've been to both and it's not even remotely close. Actually, it's frustrating to see how much money UofM can spend on facilities and how much SU struggles to find the cash.

University_of_Michigan_August_2013_261_(Al_Glick_Field_House).jpg

SU's is just as nice as that?
Because the outside is what makes practice better, right?

Because the outside is what makes practice better, right?

You've really got to see it. The outside, the inside, the whole facility. It's insane.

You've really got to see it. The outside, the inside, the whole facility. It's insane.

Why? Really why? (besides the fact -who cares). I'll tell you what's insane :rolleyes:

It has walls, it has a roof, it has turf, it has lights. The biggest advantage this facility brings is that a team in SYRACUSE NEW YORK can practice on a full field any time of year.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Why? Really why? (besides the fact -who cares). I'll tell you what's insane :rolleyes:

He wanted to know what makes it better. Easiest way is to see it. It's not rocket science.

SU2NASA said:
Here we go again... If you have a contrary view, then obviously your fandom has to be questioned. I thought you were better than that. I apologize to the Syracusefan community for thinking that our IPF is not one of the top-10 in the country.

We were ranked behind Michigan so I'm not sure what the issue is. We're not ranked far enough behind Michigan?

It's a nice little piece of Internet press for a facility we needed terribly. "Keeping it real", as the kids said in the 90s, seems like unnecessary piling on.

Last edited:
It's all about perception and it's not mine or yours that matters. It's what the players and recruits think. So if some kid sees this "report" on the internet and now has the perception, true or not, that our IPF is one of the top 10 all the better for SU FB.