SU/Yankees 4-year deal | Syracusefan.com

SU/Yankees 4-year deal

Just a matter of time before SU starts wearing orange with blue pinstripes.

Waiting for the next announcement that we will be playing a game every year in November in Yankee Stadium.

I wonder how many Penn St alumni there are in NYC? I'm going to go with more than 45,000.

They could have bought a sign at Citi Field, but then nobody would ever see it. ;)

Seems like a good idea, not sure its going to actually generate any new fans but should look good on TV.

Anyone else find it ironic that we now have signage in a baseball stadium when we have no baseball team?

There used to be an SU sign at Alliance Bank Stadium.

I thought they were announcing a set of home games to be played in yankees stadium.

This is better advertising than a hashtag in the endzone... At least people will be at Yankee Stadium to see it.

AqYaEncCAAIeXR3.jpg

This is better advertising than a hashtag in the endzone... At least people will be at Yankee Stadium to see it.

You have no idea what you're talking about, brother. This is a HUGE waste of money...just like the taxi top ads. No matter how much TGD tells people we're NY's college team, no one is going to believe it because of an ad. Further, no one is going to see these ads and buy a ticket they weren't going to otherwise.

The money they spend on this crap could go a long way in doing things that matter and actually put asses in the seats. Hell, I bet you the cost of temporary paint for the hash tages would be less than this deal. There's the money for ya.

Unless the talks with YES about a partnership have picked up and this buy was part of us getting them to the table, this is a huge #fail. What else is new.

You have no idea what you're talking about, brother. This is a HUGE waste of money...just like the taxi top ads. No matter how much TGD tells people we're NY's college team, no one is going to believe it because of an ad. Further, no one is going to see these ads and buy a ticket they weren't going to otherwise.

The money they spend on this crap could go a long way in doing things that matter and actually put asses in the seats. Hell, I bet you the cost of temporary paint for the hash tages would be less than this deal. There's the money for ya.

Unless the talks with YES about a partnership have picked up and this buy was part of us getting them to the table, this is a huge #fail. What else is new.

Unless you have access to all the data the SU Athletics staff has on marketing and return on investment and whatnot, I think YOU have no idea what you're talking about...brother

Unless you have access to all the data the SU Athletics staff has on marketing and return on investment and whatnot, I think YOU have no idea what you're talking about...brother

How about the fact that in the last five years, I've worked in marketing for SU and LITERALLY sat in meetings with the highest decision makers on all of these matters? That good enough for you?

How about the fact that in the last five years, I've worked in marketing for SU and LITERALLY sat in meetings with the highest decision makers on all of these matters? That good enough for you?

But did you take a class from Mr. Excitement? Did you attend a board tailgate to find out who is going to be on the starting DLine?

Didn't think so.

Just wait til the team starts winning. That is the plan... Right... RIGHT?

/snark

(Y'all see how I'm using this "/" thingy? I'm so Web 3.0)

Yea it sure is a terrible idea to try to tie your school to one of the worlds largest and most influential cities in which 50k of your living alums happen to live. Lets throw up some billboards in Watertown instead. TGD has done a great job of pushing this NY's College Team/Orange in the Apple stuff and creating the idea that we are NY's College Team (even if no school really is and its simply for perception purposes). Keep planting flags in the metro area Doc Gross.

There are so many unknown factors with this.

1. Are the Giants/Jets paying part of the bill? They have a vested interest in SU FB due to the games in the Meadowlands. So it would benefit both them and SU to pick up some local interest in SU FB. Oh yeah it helps in recruiting NYC and NJ as well.

2. How much will this help reconnect SU FB with NYC alumni? What type of increased donations will come of it?

3. Currently SU is stuck with SNY due to the BE. But when SU goes to the ACC would they be able to go to YES? If so then the Yankees would want to start promoting SU now and likely gave a discount on the signage.

4. Anything else that could be possible.

If that's the case, and I were you, I wouldn't come on here talking crap about your employer and their business moves. Not the smartest thing for one to do.

If that's the case, and I were you, I wouldn't come on here talking crap about your employer and their business moves. Not the smartest thing for one to do.

I don't work for SU anymore, and frankly, I'd say exactly the same thing I post here to those same people in charge, if ever given the chance again. In fact, I've tried to offer help. Falls on deaf ears.

The ACC likes it! Building the SU brand in NYC is key to our media appeal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom