SUAD Come on MAN! Again? | Syracusefan.com

SUAD Come on MAN! Again?

jr4750

All American
Getting the male and female scholar athlete names backwards? Really

On the homepage no less! Full_Rebar you'll love this!

I now say Giansante the same way Seinfeld says Newman! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 4.50.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 4.50.22 PM.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Getting the male and female scholar athlete names backwards? Really
At least they spelled "Laurence" correctly and didn't spell it "Lawrence". Someone needs to ask Giansante if he really doesn't give a then why is he still here?

Did they do the girls name under her pic and the guys over his pic instead of left/right like we are reading it?

Did they do the girls name under her pic and the guys over his pic instead of left/right like we are reading it?
My first thought too except the text next to him and under her says..."Female Athlete of the week Tom Grimm" I'm willing to accept "Laurence" as guys name but haven't known many girls named "Tom".

I think whoever did it must have read "Laurence" and assigned that to the guy and paid no mind to "Tom." That's all I've got. This is ridiculous, already.

cuseincincy said:
My first thought too except the text next to him and under her says..."Female Athlete of the week Tom Grimm" I'm willing to accept "Laurence" as guys name but haven't known many girls named "Tom".

Yea, I didn't catch the name thing.

Just so people know that this isn't an innocent mistake, it's on the SU app as well

Laurence is a French female name as well. Pronounced different from Lawrence. Hope that was a student mistake and not a well paid employee error

It's ok...as we speak Giansante is surely screaming at some student intern for the screw up while he reminds everyone about the fancy new Nike uniforms being worn tonight. At some point, the guy in charge of Communications needs to be held accountable for all of this.

And now no pictures at all. Just a block letter S for the story. I assume they took it down while fixing it. I know it was there about 10 minutes ago as I was on that page, but did not notice.

10 strikes and you are out? (I would say 3 strikes, but figured we are at least at 10 by now)

In keeping with this theme, was I the only one disappointed to walk into the Dome at 6:44 p.m. and hear the senior ceremony taking place?

Don't recall any notice that the ceremony would be held so early (and neither did thousands of others, apparently); in previous years it's been done immediately before the starting lineups.

In keeping with this theme, was I the only one disappointed to walk into the Dome at 6:44 p.m. and hear the senior ceremony taking place?

Don't recall any notice that the ceremony would be held so early (and neither did thousands of others, apparently); in previous years it's been done immediately before the starting lineups.
In keeping with all Dome ceremonies timed to ensure the least attention.

I swear I saw someone from the PS tweet that the senior celebration would begin at 6:47....and then by 6:42, they had already started.

OttoMets said:
In keeping with this theme, was I the only one disappointed to walk into the Dome at 6:44 p.m. and hear the senior ceremony taking place? Don't recall any notice that the ceremony would be held so early (and neither did thousands of others, apparently); in previous years it's been done immediately before the starting lineups.

I got to my seat just before the national anthem. I saw lineups introduced and no honoring of Rsk. I asked the guy next to me if they forgot to do it and he said they did 15inutes ago. Stupid. Never used to be like thst. He deserved more.

Are other university athletic dept's this incompetent?

We're talking about simple, simple details here. I don't get it.

That's not the first time either. I know there was a game earlier in the season I went to where they messed up the display for the scholar athletes.

This type of incompetence goes back many years. The night they put Pearl's jersey in the rafters, you would have been hard pressed to know it was happening in a noisy half-time. I think the SUAD has an ongoing problem regardless of who is in charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom