Suarez | Syracusefan.com

Suarez

What did he do this time? I'm not near a TV

Tyson-Holyfield redux on Ivanovic. Blatant. And then, after not being sent off, scores a tying header in the 7th minute of extra time.

He'll never play for Liverpool again.

Why F Liverpool? Perhaps we should muzzle him but not sure how that would go over.

I've got nothing in defense of Suarez at this point though. Hell of a player but he's just not right in the head.

Not sure if he'll play at Liverpool again or not. Who would want to buy him? If we could cash in somehow and buy Benteke from Villa I'd be all for it.

What did he do this time? I'm not near a TV

He bit Ivanovich on the arm. Not even the first time he's bit an opposing player either as it happened @ Ajax in 2010.

Suarez-bites-Ivanovic-1846142.jpg

Why F Liverpool? Perhaps we should muzzle him but not sure how that would go over.

I've got nothing in defense of Suarez at this point though. Hell of a player but he's just not right in the head.

Not sure if he'll play at Liverpool again or not. Who would want to buy him? If we could cash in somehow and buy Benteke from Villa I'd be all for it.

As a Spurs fan I am praying they make a move for Benteke. No top British team needs a forward more then Tottenham does.

As a Spurs fan I am praying they make a move for Benteke. No top British team needs a forward more then Tottenham does.

I actually like Spurs but that has always been the story as long as I can remember with them needing a striker. They even had Defoe scoring regularly the other year but then would have him on the bench the following week in favor of Crouch which was bizarre.

I'm sure you could get a good deal a certain goal machine/cannibal from Merseyside if you really pressed the issue. I think Sturridge and Benteke could link up and complement each other will at Anfield so am hoping for that.

Biggest POS in sports. F him and F Liverpool!

I agree something needs to be done. That SOB in catering that didn't get Suarez an adequate pre-match meal should have been terminated as soon as the incident occured.

Now on a serious level, the phoney outrage that this will generate will be oh so entertaining. I can't wait for American news outlets that never give football a second of airtime to jump on this, like this on yahoo's front page... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...anovic-second-time-bitten-164952953--sow.html . He will be dealt a harsh punishment, the FA has been waiting(hoping) for something like this to happen involving Suarez. Liverpool will finish the season without the best player in the BPL and if he wears the Red shirt next year it probably won't be until October.

But is this any worse than Defoe, Cantona kicking a fan, Keane trying to end a career, and countless other offenses on the pitch? Whatever I am over it.

I agree something needs to be done. That SOB in catering that didn't get Suarez an adequate pre-match meal should have been terminated as soon as the incident occured.

Now on a serious level, the phoney outrage that this will generate will be oh so entertaining. I can't wait for American news outlets that never give football a second of airtime to jump on this, like this on yahoo's front page... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...anovic-second-time-bitten-164952953--sow.html . He will be dealt a harsh punishment, the FA has been waiting(hoping) for something like this to happen involving Suarez. Liverpool will finish the season without the best player in the BPL and if he wears the Red shirt next year it probably won't be until October.

But is this any worse than Defoe, Cantona kicking a fan, Keane trying to end a career, and countless other offenses on the pitch? Whatever I am over it.

You're spot on but Suarez didn't need to need to provide them a reason to want to after them. He's gotta know he is under the spot light at all points now and essentially served himself on a platter (unlike Ivanovich's arm).

We give dog owners a "one free bite" warning, and then we take action. Suarez should similarly be sent to the pound. Let's also not forget his dubious act of sportmanship in the quarters of the 2010 WC, where he decided he'd like to do his Mutombo impression on the goalline.

The 6+ minutes of extra time was also complete BS.

We give dog owners a "one free bite" warning, and then we take action. Suarez should similarly be sent to the pound. Let's also not forget his dubious act of sportmanship in the quarters of the 2010 WC, where he decided he'd like to do his Mutombo impression on the goalline.

Suarez has a list a mile long at this point. The handball play, while "unsporting", is a play you probably want your guy to make when the alternative is certain defeat.

Not sure on the stoppage time as I was following the game online. It appeared he scored in the 7th minute of stoppage time which is usually Old Trafford timing but I guess they added time for the the injury time sub after announcing 6 mins? 4 second half subs could equate 2-3 mins added time but perhaps the rest came from all the bookings, the delay before the PK and the Oscar injury?

I've got no answers until I actually get to watch the game but Liverpool really gained nothing from a draw and really wouldn't have won or lose at this point as we're cemented in 7th. Losing the 2 points could be a big deal for Chelsea but being a point up on Spurs and having a game in hand vs Arsenal I like your chances to make top 4 still.

hopefully he never plays in international competition ever again either.

It wasn't until about the 6:40 mark that he got that goal. There were no other subs in extra time. Lampard came on at 89 minutes. Complete BS that they let the clock run that long. Chelsea had a throw from their own end when 6 minutes passed. That should have been the final whistle.

Not enough.

Relegation

Absolutely absurd. The outrage at a bite that didn't break the skin or seem to bother Ivanovic in any way whatsoever has become pretty comical.

But the FA set a pretty interesting precedent today that a bite is worse than that of something like Terry racially abusing Anton Ferdinand in one of the most disgusting statements I have ever heard (lets not forget that Suarez received 4 more games than Terry for a blown-off handshake).

On to violent offenses, the week before Aguero (I am huge fan of, full disclosure) attempts a double footed stomp on Luiz and no punishment is dealt whatsoever. Lets not forget one of my favorites, Ben Thatcher knocking another player unconcious with one of the most violent elbows ever seen gets 8 games. Callum McManaman 1 month ago attempts to break Haidara's leg inciting a near brawl gets 0 games. Because again we are supposed to believe a bite on the shirt sleeve is more dangerous. It was bizarre act no doubt but come on with the bogus scandal this has become.

And before you go on and on about his past acts, the FA does not factor those into his punishment. They punish the act not the player's history. Suarez frankly is an idiot for doing it but if anyone thinks for one second that the Commission judged him to the same standard than that of another player, they would be flat out wrong.

I guess this is all my way of saying the FA punished who it was not what it was.

Not his first time with biting. Or being a jackoff in general.

Agreed with your last couple sentences

Absolutely absurd. The outrage at a bite that didn't break the skin or seem to bother Ivanovic in any way whatsoever has become pretty comical.

But the FA set a pretty interesting precedent today that a bite is worse than that of something like Terry racially abusing Anton Ferdinand in one of the most disgusting statements I have ever heard (lets not forget that Suarez received 4 more games than Terry for a blown-off handshake).

On to violent offenses, the week before Aguero (I am huge fan of, full disclosure) attempts a double footed stomp on Luiz and no punishment is dealt whatsoever. Lets not forget one of my favorites, Ben Thatcher knocking another player unconcious with one of the most violent elbows ever seen gets 8 games. Callum McManaman 1 month ago attempts to break Haidara's leg inciting a near brawl gets 0 games. Because again we are supposed to believe a bite on the shirt sleeve is more dangerous. It was bizarre act no doubt but come on with the bogus scandal this has become.

And before you go on and on about his past acts, the FA does not factor those into his punishment. They punish the act not the player's history. Suarez frankly is an idiot for doing it but if anyone thinks for one second that the Commission judged him to the same standard than that of another player, they would be flat out wrong.

I guess this is all my way of saying the FA punished who it was not what it was.
Hahahaha. The "it didn't break the skin" defense!!! Did you really just go there

No just showing the severity of the act compared to other past transgressions that they have dealt out softer punishments.

And people say that reading comprehension is lacking in our school system...

No just showing the severity of the act compared to other past transgressions that they have dealt out softer punishments.

And people say that reading comprehension is lacking in our school system...

Sorry, but I can't buy your argument. And since when do you get to define severity? You seem to determining that elbows and punches are way more serious than biting and other transgressions. While I agree that the former have potential to exact tremendous injury, incidents like biting (or say, spitting) are more damaging to the game imo. I don't think any sport, even the UFC, wants to be known as the sport where the combatants respond to adversity by chomping on your extremities or hocking loogies in your faces, regardless of the usual lack of "surface damage".

Perhaps we've become inured as sports fans to the random throwing of elbows, kicking, punching, etc..., and view them as unhealthy but ingrained human responses. Things like biting seem to have a more sinister aura of hatred to them that carry potential for more wide-ranging problems on and off the playing field.

I can buy what you are saying Poppy. My thinking is the context of what has the likelihood of causing injury to the victim. The bite was incredibly stupid and seemed barbaric but was much less a danger to the victim than the examples I cited.

Guess that is all I am trying to convey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom