Sum this game up in three words - Missed Free Throws | Syracusefan.com

Sum this game up in three words - Missed Free Throws

Deano

All American
I don't get it how these guys can continue to miss and miss. Silent G looks like he has no confidence and Rak missed a bunch today.

I don't get it how these guys can continue to miss and miss. Silent G looks like he has no confidence and Rak missed a bunch today.
turnovers

Gbinije missed dunk

Gbinije free throws

Predictable inbounds play

Second chance points
I wouldn't put the predictable imbounds play there. It was, of course. But the missed dunk, the turnovers and missed free throwsd are way, way , ahead of it. the game was somewhat lost by then.

I wouldn't put the predictable imbounds play there. It was, of course. But the missed dunk, the turnovers and missed free throwsd are way, way , ahead of it. the game was somewhat lost by then.

Oh, I agree with that 100%. That was just the topper to an incredibly frustrating game.

dasher said:
They have a better team than we do.

They used to be the worst team in the Big East. Years ago.

But over the years, they've recruited better and better...and they hired a great coach...and now they're on par with us.

They used to be the worst team in the Big East. Years ago.

But over the years, they've recruited better and better...and they hired a great coach...and now they're on par with us.
They aren't on par with us. They are better this year only because of our early entries in to the NBA.

dasher said:
They aren't on par with us. They are better this year only because of our early entries in to the NBA.

They gave us fits last year.

Does Gbinije ever work on free throw shooting? Doesn't look like it. He's just throwing up ugly prayers.

Silent G is by far the most mentally fragile player on the roster. Has wild up and down swings of confidence. Hopefully he becomes more consistent as the year goes on. Christmas had this on a more minor scale his first 3 years.

Our FT shooting is pathetic. Even Trevor and Roc have been terrible lately.

we outshot them from the field, from the 3 line and outrebounded them by 10,

turnovers hurt us as well. We were a point shy of overtime. the little things like G's missed dunk Pattersons second three late halfway down.

It was a close game if we shot alittle better from the line as in 5 shots and miami made 2 more shots a three and a layup the loss wouldn't look as bad. Basketball is funny like that.

Miami beat Duke by 13 at Cameron.
Yeah, and they've beaten Duke few times in the last couple of years - so is Miami "on par with" Duke as a program?

we outshot them from the field, from the 3 line and outrebounded them by 10,

turnovers hurt us as well. We were a point shy of overtime. the little things like G's missed dunk Pattersons second three late halfway down.

It was a close game if we shot alittle better from the line as in 5 shots and miami made 2 more shots a three and a layup the loss wouldn't look as bad

Patterson's 2nd three might have gone down if the basket was a foot to the right

pearl31 said:
Yeah, and they've beaten Duke few times in the last couple of years - so is Miami "on par with" Duke as a program?

The point is they've made great strides from a bottom feeder in the Big East to a team that can best Duke and SU on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom