Sum this game up in three words - Missed Free Throws | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sum this game up in three words - Missed Free Throws

Last 5 years Miami is 87-64. Very, very average. Syracuse is 149-32 They are not close to being on par with us. This year they are better. Next 5 years, don't think so.

They've been a tough team to play the last two years. They have a great coach and I'm really starting to like their program. They are definitely on the upswing. Of course there's no reason to compare records with them, they are not on our level as a program nor could be, but they may become a formidable opponent as long as the coach is there.

The free throws were killers but the BB IQ is worse. Buss fouling Angel for no reason. G missing the hammer dunk instead of just normally dunking it. Cooney leaving the guard open down one to can a three. G being loose with ball and having it stripped. Buss taking the three late when he is option 5. Add in the missed free throws and it's a perfect scenario to lose a game. Beat NC. LGO.

Gbinije missed dunk

Gbinije free throws

Predictable inbounds play

Second chance points

That is 12 words.

All correct.

Play stands, even though against the rules.

The free throws were killers but the BB IQ is worse. Buss fouling Angel for no reason. G missing the hammer dunk instead of just normally dunking it. Cooney leaving the guard open down one to can a three. G being loose with ball and having it stripped. Buss taking the three late when he is option 5. Add in the missed free throws and it's a perfect scenario to lose a game. Beat NC. LGO.

a. I don't think Buss fouled him

everything else - oooooyyyyyyeeeeeeee. i just puked.

Miami dismantled Duke so badly they changed their defense and took UVA to 2OT...that is a good team...that being said we totally beat ourselves.

I prefer to think of it as 4 separate 3 word answers

but you were only allowed 1 answer to sum it up...

and all of your 4 answers we equally as good. So I allowed it.

And I am the self proclaimed ref of this contest.

Patterson's 2nd three might have gone down if the basket was a foot to the right
I don't think JB was happy with that shot either. Rak had just scored down low and that's where it should gone again. Then Patterson should have got his butt to the other side of the court to let Rak work.

I don't think JB was happy with that shot either. Rak had just scored down low and that's where it should gone again. Then Patterson should have got his butt to the other side of the court to let Rak work.
I agree. But Patterson was solid today and he's not the reason for the loss. G was so incredibly bad tonight.

Last 5 years Miami is 87-64. Very, very average. Syracuse is 149-32 They are not close to being on par with us. This year they are better. Next 5 years, don't think so.
He coached locally here at A.I.C. years ago. I followed his career quite closely. Reminds me of John B. from Michigan.

I agree. But Patterson was solid today and he's not the reason for the loss. G was so incredibly bad tonight.
we aren't close without Mike G. as bad as he was.

I don't get it how these guys can continue to miss and miss. Silent G looks like he has no confidence and Rak missed a bunch today.

Nice call. Just listened to the JB post-game presser, and he summed up the loss as attributable to one and only one thing--free throws. (on a side note, the presser was another JB classic---"you must be new" to one of the writers asking what he thought was a stupid question)

They used to be the worst team in the Big East. Years ago.

But over the years, they've recruited better and better...and they hired a great coach...and now they're on par with us.
On par this year maybe...

We so desperately need thomas Bryant. We sorely lack guys that just ball with confidence. Angry dudes. We need that again. Too soft now.

Nice call. Just listened to the JB post-game presser, and he summed up the loss as attributable to one and only one thing--free throws. (on a side note, the presser was another JB classic---"you must be new" to one of the writers asking what he thought was a stupid question)
Yeah I heard that, starting at the 4 minute mark, lol.

We so desperately need thomas Bryant. We sorely lack guys that just ball with confidence. Angry dudes. We need that again. Too soft now.
I think you will like a guy named Diagne coming in next year too. Might take a year or so but he's going to be a good one.

I don't think Rak and Roberson are soft bigs.

Yeah - I wouldn't characterize them that way either. McCullough was, and G I still think of as more of a guard playing out of position down low, but he does pretty good work down there overall. Excluding today where I thought he was pretty horrid at times.

Well, Jim L is a terrifiuc coach but if I was starting a team, I would take JB every day of the week and twice on Sunday. How about you?
Jimmy today or Jimmy 1988?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom