Summer 2015 Transfer Market | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Summer 2015 Transfer Market

Appears we've got Milner and Ings confirmed. Not world beater signings by themselves but very solid players are a great start to what we need to be a VERY good transfer window. Allows us to sign best avail moving forward regardless of position and whether they are homegrown or not.

Potential midfield diamond of:
Screen-Shot-2015-06-02-at-15.06.16.png

Which I'd be quite happy with.

Also some serious rumblings of us going for Mateo Kovacic from Inter. Younger Croatian CM but one I've been impressed with and did well for their National team yesterday.

Anyone else have confirmed ins/outs for this Summer transfers that technically doesn't open until July 1?

I look at that midfield and I see a distinct lack of pace on the wings. I think you would be better served with a 4-2-3-1, with Milner alongside Can in the other holding midfielder role, then you put Henderson on one wing and Sterling on the other wing (if they don't sell him, as Rogers has been saying) with Sturridge up front as the lone striker.

I look at that midfield and I see a distinct lack of pace on the wings. I think you would be better served with a 4-2-3-1, with Milner alongside Can in the other holding midfielder role, then you put Henderson on one wing and Sterling on the other wing (if they don't sell him, as Rogers has been saying) with Sturridge up front as the lone striker.

I hate the lone striker set up and hope we'll get away from it unless we have a striker to opporate. Ings can do but Sturridge, Balotelli, etc all need a partner. That and the fact that we don't players that can consistently hit good crosses, plus having Coutinho or Lallana better used in the middle, have me hoping for this set up. If pace is the objective we can always run Ibe, Markovic, or Origi on the wings of a front 3 on either side of Sturridge or Ings as well. I'm presuming Sterling is gone for the right price and not overly heartbroken if that money is spent again this summer.

We've got versatility and options, what we need now are some proven match winners. I'd be over the moon if Sterling left and we brought Aubameyang on Benteke in. For some reason a lot of LFC fans don't rate Benteke, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why. I see him as everything people think Balotelli can become.

I'm intrigued by Kovacic and he's worth checking out if you haven't yet. I'm also curious why Firmino isn't garnering more attention from big clubs. I'd love to snag him after 2 excellent seasons in Germany and before he blows up in the Copa America and we get priced out.

[QUOTE="ImperialOrange, post: 1404595, member: 362"We've got versatility and options, what we need now are some proven match winners. I'd be over the moon if Sterling left and we brought Aubameyang on Benteke in. For some reason a lot of LFC fans don't rate Benteke, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why. I see him as everything people think Balotelli can become..[/QUOTE]

I like Benteke a lot, too, but I think the issue is that Benteke needs service, just like Balotelli or Lambert, and is not a great fit for your system. You would do much better to buy Loic Remy from Chelsea, IMO. He would fit your style much better.

I like Benteke a lot, too, but I think the issue is that Benteke needs service, just like Balotelli or Lambert, and is not a great fit for your system. You would do much better to buy Loic Remy from Chelsea, IMO. He would fit your style much better.

That ship sailed. I feel like Benteke could create more for himself if surrounded by more than what he has at Villa. Aubameyang would be the ideal signing though. He can just run by defenders at will which would be ideal with Coutinho providing through balls.

That ship sailed. I feel like Benteke could create more for himself if surrounded by more than what he has at Villa. Aubameyang would be the ideal signing though. He can just run by defenders at will which would be ideal with Coutinho providing through balls.

Maybe so, but Benteke mostly scored on crosses and excels at hold up play. Brendan's system requires runners up top. You would do better to take a chance on Falcao, then.

Douglas Costa (Shakhtar Donetsk) seems to have left for Chelsea based on what I just read, 15-20...

He isn't that good, not sure why all these teams were interested, honest opinion...

Last edited:
Douglas Costa (Shakhtar Donetsk) seems to have left for Chelsea based based on what I just read, 15-20...

He isn't that good, not sure why all these teams were interested, honest opinion...

He's Brazilian... but he's probably only the 4th best AMF from Brazil IMHO. Coutinho, Firmino, Willian... then Costa or someone else. Perhaps Chelsea have already given up on Willian?

Maybe so, but Benteke mostly scored on crosses and excels at hold up play. Brendan's system requires runners up top. You would do better to take a chance on Falcao, then.

No thanks on Falcao. I'm not even sure Rodgers knows what his system is at this point, I'd rather system match the players vs trying to force players into a system. Just give me someone that can score in the box at this point.

He's Brazilian... but he's probably only the 4th best AMF from Brazil IMHO. Coutinho, Firmino, Willian... then Costa or someone else. Perhaps Chelsea have already given up on Willian?
Was never high on Willian when he left FCSD as well, Luiz Adriano is the player to target IMO, Based on all accounts it seems he intends to stay... But that is before they wave the money in his face... In other news Yarmolenko said he won't leave for a middle of the table Spanish or English team, guess that rules out Liverpool! Lol I'm kidding... I'm kidding...

Tottenham apparently is clearing house to make some room, they need to make a splash... It's been a few years of total average or worse.

Was never high on Willian when he left FCSD as well, Luiz Adriano is the player to target IMO, Based on all accounts it seems he intends to stay... But that is before they wave the money in his face... In other news Yarmolenko said he won't leave for a middle of the table Spanish or English team, guess that rules out Liverpool! Lol I'm kidding... I'm kidding...

Tottenham apparently is clearing house to make some room, they need to make a splash... It's been a few years of total average or worse.

HA! Yarmolenko may need to check himself before he wrecks himself. The top English and Spanish teams don't need strikers.

As usual for Celtic it is likely going to be a summer of who goes rather than who do we bring in.
Israeli Nir Bitton has impressed at CDM and could be on the move to a EPL side for a decent profit ala Big Vic Wanyama to Southampton last summer. We had ~20 year old Jason Denayer on loan from Manchester City this season and I expect him to be on the fringe of their first team this season. Dude was solid at CB and chipped in on corners with a handful of goals. Also had John Guidetti on loan from City, who scored for fun in the cr@p SPL but feels he is too good for us.

In terms of ins, we've signed Dedryck Boyata from City on a 4 year deal and I feel he'll be a good CL quality CB replacement for Denayer.

The deal of the summer for us imo would be being able to take 16 year old CAM Martin Odegaard on loan from Real Madrid. The one thing that makes me think this is actually a possibility is the Norwegian connection through our manager Ronny Deila and CAM Stefan Johansen.

Douglas Costa (Shakhtar Donetsk) seems to have left for Chelsea based on what I just read, 15-20...

He's just another Willian or Cuadrado. Makes no sense. Get someone to score goals from midfield, like Griezmann or Goetze. And then up front, Falcao doesn't thrill me except as the third striker. Love to get Ibrahimovic from PSG!

No way Chelsea have given up on Willian. Willian gives them necessary work rate in midfield to offset Hazard. Jose would just like an option to Willian for when we need a goal from the wing. They gave up on Schurlle too soon IMO, but he did miss a bunch of sitters before they sold him in January (he was turning into Torres II).

He's just another Willian or Cuadrado. Makes no sense. Get someone to score goals from midfield, like Griezmann or Goetze. And then up front, Falcao doesn't thrill me except as the third striker. Love to get Ibrahimovic from PSG!
Ibra would be a huge get. Falcao is good if he can be set up, wouldn't be terrible at Chelsea but I'd look elsewhere.

Ibra would be a huge get. Falcao is good if he can be set up, wouldn't be terrible at Chelsea but I'd look elsewhere.

This Falcao move seems imminent, and I think most fans are against it. Roman must remember the way he killed us in that game following the Champions League win in August 2012 when he was still at Athletico Madrid. I think putting him with Diego Costa again would be good for both of them (Diego with his homesickness...). You still need another striker and it can't be one of the young untested ones, if you are carrying a risk like Falcao as your #2. Ideally, Ibra signs a 3 year deal. He and Diego each play about 25-30 games a year, or Jose figures out a 4--4-2 to fit them both in together at times, and then add a goal scoring midfielder and a young central defender, and that's a squad that can challenge for Champions League.

This Falcao move seems imminent, and I think most fans are against it. Roman must remember the way he killed us in that game following the Champions League win in August 2012 when he was still at Athletico Madrid. I think putting him with Diego Costa again would be good for both of them (Diego with his homesickness...). You still need another striker and it can't be one of the young untested ones, if you are carrying a risk like Falcao as your #2. Ideally, Ibra signs a 3 year deal. He and Diego each play about 25-30 games a year, or Jose figures out a 4--4-2 to fit them both in together at times, and then add a goal scoring midfielder and a young central defender, and that's a squad that can challenge for Champions League.
Hey but where's Drogba going to fit in ;). Kidding aside, That seems like a lethal attack that will easily take the league yet again. But I wonder if Jose will want to add a proven defender, or a holding midfielder with experience. Btw.. Douglas Costa scored a nice goal to win it for Brasil at the copa yesterday, he still isn't worth 20 :)

Hey but where's Drogba going to fit in ;). Kidding aside, That seems like a lethal attack that will easily take the league yet again. But I wonder if Jose will want to add a proven defender, or a holding midfielder with experience. Btw.. Douglas Costa scored a nice goal to win it for Brasil at the copa yesterday, he still isn't worth 20 :)

I'm reading that Alex Song could be the holding midfielder, which is an OK choice for a bench player, I suppose. He showed real grit this season. I don't think he's an English homegrown player, so I'm a little confused about that one. Must mean Mikel will be sold, but will Mikel sell for more than Song will cost? That seems a like-for-like exchange to me.

I'm reading that Alex Song could be the holding midfielder, which is an OK choice for a bench player, I suppose. He showed real grit this season. I don't think he's an English homegrown player, so I'm a little confused about that one. Must mean Mikel will be sold, but will Mikel sell for more than Song will cost? That seems a like-for-like exchange to me.

Song actually does count as a homegrown player. Born September 87 and was Arsenal property in August 05 so was an FA registered player >3 years prior to his 21st birthday.

Song actually does count as a homegrown player. Born September 87 and was Arsenal property in August 05 so was an FA registered player >3 years prior to his 21st birthday.

That explains it, then. Good player. Seemed to have improved last year and taken on a leadership role - where was he, West Ham?

Remy is going to be sold, I believe, and there will be a third striker added. I hope it's Ibrahimovic or Icardi. Higuain would also be a nice choice, but I think he's going to want to be a first choice striker and has already been Mourinho's second choice.

That explains it, then. Good player. Seemed to have improved last year and taken on a leadership role - where was he, West Ham?

Played last year @ West Ham but on loan from Barca.

Remy is going to be sold, I believe, and there will be a third striker added. I hope it's Ibrahimovic or Icardi. Higuain would also be a nice choice, but I think he's going to want to be a first choice striker and has already been Mourinho's second choice.
Ah Higuain, I'm still waiting for his retirement, before the Dnipro game in the europa league he stated he would retire if they lost...

He's a bit of a loud mouth, not sure him and Jose would get along, same for Ibra, but Ibra backs his mouth up.

Ah Higuain, I'm still waiting for his retirement, before the Dnipro game in the europa league he stated he would retire if they lost...

He's a bit of a loud mouth, not sure him and Jose would get along, same for Ibra, but Ibra backs his mouth up.

Ibra is a risk in the locker room, no doubt. But he and Costa might be able to co-exist, since Ibra and Diego were both hurt off and on last year, and Ibra has spoken of his desire to play for Mourhino. I would take him in a heartbeat. I think he is the missing piece for us to go deep in the Champions League.

OK, it looks like Falcao is a done deal, one year loan at 7M with option to buy at 35M. Not bad, if Jose and the Chelsea physio team can help him re-strengthen his knee and rekindle his confidence.

Looks like they have given up on the crap goal keepers that they were talking about and are going after Begovic, who is very solid and only 27 years old (in case Real Madrid want to pony up the big money for Thibault Courtois).

If Alex Song comes in, it looks like John Obi Mikel will be sold to an Arabian/Middle Eastern club for around 10M, maybe a touch less.

Cuadrado will not be sold (surprised a little) - they are hoping that partnering him with Falcao will help bring out the best in both players.

Chelsea is still going after Griezmann from Athletico, but giving up on Koke, which makes sense to me, so long as they hold onto Oscar. If they sell Oscar to Juventus or Inter, then they need another playmaker other than Fabregas.

If they bring in Griezmann, they're not going to play him as a striker; he will take on Schurlle's old role as the alternate to Willian when they need more offense. Remy is not affected by this move, if it happens, regardless of what the papers say. Remy may want to leave anyway, though, although I think he and Diego and Falcao might be enough talent up front.

Haven't heard anything on the issue of right back challenger to Ivanovic (Clyne?) or depth in central defense (Stones, Varane?)

Chelsea has been good the past couple years in playing these things close to the vest and surprising people by completing moves right at the start of the window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom