Super Bowl | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl

I have 2013 version of Tecmo Super Bowl on my computer with an NES emulator I wish I could upload it on this board but their is no way for it.

2013 rosters?? I remember back in college my buddy had the emulator on his computer and we'd play the original game. Bo Jackson all day

2013 rosters?? I remember back in college my buddy had the emulator on his computer and we'd play the original game. Bo Jackson all day
Oh I have the original and play it all the time. I got 1000 yards with Bo in one game. I kept onside kicking and getting the ball.

However back in the day on 8-bit the highest score you could get is 999 yards and 99 points.

Sneaky good teams on that game are Lions/Oilers/Redskins/Chiefs.

Oh I have the original and play it all the time. I got 1000 yards with Bo in one game. I kept onside kicking and getting the ball.

However back in the day on 8-bit the highest score you could get is 999 yards and 99 points.

Lions for Barry Sanders. Not sure I ever played as Washington. Definitely liked the Oilers and Chiefs; Christian Okoye and Barry word for the Chiefs, and Ernest Givens for the Oilers.

Colts/Pats were the worst. Especially the Colts.

Bills were very good

QB Eagles aka Randall Cunningham aka Mike Vick before Mike Vick was a guy you could lead the lead in passing and rushing with.

You needed a speedy RB or a QB with a quick release. I like Marsh played as every team.

My bottom 5 teams were Colts/Pats/Bucs/Cardinals/Falcons

still wear the Simms throwback to every home game now.

79-83 was a magical football time for me. i was playing pop warner-jr high ball and football was becoming my #1 sport. my favorite show was the NFL Today.

i lived and died by the Giants and 11 & 56 were my guys (of course).

my education/reading skills increased by going to cover to cover with the Giants Newsweekly...TGN.

i begged my parents to take me to training camp every year. great times.

by 84 my brain had matured enough to really understand it and to seriously get into it. i could question play calls, worry about the weather and the infamous Giants Stadium wind.

'86 season will never be topped. (although the '07 playoffs was freakin ridiculous)

but yeah, he was throwing to some crappy WRs for sure.

with all the injuries he had, he still put up some pretty impressive #s.

just getting back the 4 games from the 87 strike would put him over 200tds and if Handley didnt start Hoss in 91, it wouldve been even more.

my biased opinion makes him a HOFer, but...SB MVP, # retired and in the Giants Ring of Honor is no small consolation prize.

'86, I was still in college although I did watch the Niners game on an air force base somewhere outside Munich, Germany because my parents were living over there and I was visiting them while in-between semesters...

I'm with you on Simms...I know the stats don't bear it out but give that guy some real Wide Receivers and a coach that would have opened up the offense and I think Simms would have been a sure-fire HOFer...

But I also realize that I am completely unobjective.

He was my guy...Mattingly is my all-time favorite Yankee and Simms is my all-time favorite Giant..

Flipper Anderson caught that pass right in front of our seats...Crushing...

I was not at the Stadium for any of the '86 playoff games but the most electric the stadium has ever been of all the games I've attended was the Vikings game to go to Super Bowl against Ravens...

'86, I was still in college although I did watch the Niners game on an air force base somewhere outside Munich, Germany because my parents were living over there and I was visiting them while in-between semesters...

I'm with you on Simms...I know the stats don't bear it out but give that guy some real Wide Receivers and a coach that would have opened up the offense and I think Simms would have been a sure-fire HOFer...

But I also realize that I am completely unobjective.

He was my guy...Mattingly is my all-time favorite Yankee and Simms is my all-time favorite Giant..

Flipper Anderson caught that pass right in front of our seats...Crushing...

I was not at the Stadium for any of the '86 playoff games but the most electric the stadium has ever been of all the games I've attended was the Vikings game to go to Super Bowl against Ravens...
That's where my seats are now. U still got em??

That's where my seats are now. U still got em??

No. They belonged to my in-laws. They gave them up with the move to the new stadium.

My two kids play 8 sports between the two of them so I would never get there until Thanksgiving so I have not gotten my own.

Fall weekends are jam packed...and hoops starts for both of them in early Dec...just too tough to make it at this point...

No. They belonged to my in-laws. They gave them up with the move to the new stadium.

My two kids play 8 sports between the two of them so I would never get there until Thanksgiving so I have not gotten my own.

Fall weekends are jam packed...and hoops starts for both of them in early Dec...just too tough to make it at this point...
Yeah, my 8 games a year window is closing. I missed 1 last year at the last minute...and it will only get worse.

Yeah, my 8 games a year window is closing. I missed 1 last year at the last minute...and it will only get worse.

Yeah, I know your kids are younger than mine so you are getting to that point.

Your wife is actually really understanding 'cause going to a game is an all-day thing...

My window is actually starting to open up again. Daughter is sophomore in high school and son is in 6th.

Although, daughter is interested in SU because of what she wants to major in...

If she goes there, fuhgeddaboutit...seasons in both football and hoops...I'll be up there so much her roommates will be like, "XXXX, your father is here...AGAIN..."