Dylan Ennis to Oregon | Syracusefan.com

Dylan Ennis to Oregon

I just posted the same thing. I would take Ennis over Bryant next year. We need PG options. This kid can be a good rotation/role player. I don't think the Ennis family had a bad experience in Syracuse. If we don't have scholarship restrictions next year we should pursue this kid.

He singlehandedly shot them out of the tournament in their loss to NC State. 2-12 from the field and 0-6 from 3 pt. And it wasn't so much that he shot poorly, it was that coming down to the wire in that game he continued to hoist up shots rather than try to find Hilliard (6 of 10 from 3) or Booth (3 of 4 from 3).

No thanks.

He singlehandedly shot them out of the tournament in their loss to NC State. 2-12 from the field and 0-6 from 3 pt. And it wasn't so much that he shot poorly, it was that coming down to the wire in that game he continued to hoist up shots rather than try to find Hilliard (6 of 10 from 3) or Booth (3 of 4 from 3).

No thanks.

You wouldn't even take a flier on him?

No thanks.
Our only PG is Kaleb Joseph, and Franklin Howard is a combo guard. Gbinije is the only other guard who can play point. I would take this kid just to lessen the pressure on Joseph and to have the extra role player.

You wouldn't even take a flier on him?

If I thought he were a guy that could come in and take the position and be a really solid lead guard for us then yes. But, I think he is mediocre and he doesn't provide anything that we don't already have in Kaleb, G and Franklin Howard. So why impede the development of Kaleb and Franklin Howard by bringing in another mediocre option that eats up a portion of the available minutes. But JB doesn't coach in a way where he'll play multiple guys to see who has the hot hand on a given night so its probably not a plus to have him.

If we had injury issues at the position, like we have on the front line, where one or more of the players you are counting on simply might not be available it might be worth doing.

Our only PG is Kaleb Joseph, and Franklin Howard is a combo guard. Gbinije is the only other guard who can play point. I would take this kid just to lessen the pressure on Joseph and to have the extra role player.
I personally have much faith in Kaleb and G combined at pg but everyone knows that it is a ? Mark. If the staff is serious about making a big push for a 2nd NAtl Championship before JB retires i think it makes sense to get Ennis....and obviously Bryant and Battle too

If I thought he were a guy that could come in and take the position and be a really solid lead guard for us then yes. But, I think he is mediocre and he doesn't provide anything that we don't already have in Kaleb, G and Franklin Howard. So why impede the development of Kaleb and Franklin Howard by bringing in another mediocre option that eats up a portion of the available minutes. But JB doesn't coach in a way where he'll play multiple guys to see who has the hot hand on a given night so its probably not a plus to have him.

If we had injury issues at the position, like we have on the front line, where one or more of the players you are counting on simply might not be available it might be worth doing.

Point taken - personally I'd take him and red shirt Frank Howard. Let him and Kaleb compete for minutes. Let G play the three where he is best. Ennis probably isn't interested in coming here and competing for minutes, but you never know.

I personally have much faith in Kaleb and G combined at pg but everyone knows that it is a ? Mark. If the staff is serious about making a big push for a 2nd NAtl Championship before JB retires i think it makes sense to get Ennis...and obviously Bryant and Battle too

I think this whole thing about the staff making a big push for another Ship before JB retires is a little silly and an obvious recruiting talking point. Why aren't they always making a big push to win championships?

Duke is a team to watch for Dylan Ennis.
Could be but doesnt make sense to me. Hes not good enough as a sr to start ahead of Freshman Brunson at Vill but he is good enough to start at Duke as pg? That article made it clear he is leaving vill because he wants to be pg. Who will be duks pg next year if Tyus bolts?

But i guess if he could make an impact here, he could also make an impact at Duke if they lose the 4 starters i think they are going to lose

Last edited:
I think this whole thing about the staff making a big push for another Ship before JB retires is a little silly and an obvious recruiting talking point. Why aren't they always making a big push to win championships?
Oh i agree but at the same time you need to put your money where your mouth is. What does Battle think if McC declares, we dont get Bryant, etc etc worst case scenarios. His Dad has said he wants to play for a title. If you talk the talk you gotta walk the walk, see PayPalCal

If I recall, in order for him to come to SU and play immediately, SU would have to offer a Master's degree concentration that Villanova cannot. So, I would think this rules out Communications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom