Syracuse 2015-2016 ACC schedule

Alsacs

Living Legend
Syracuse 2015-16
Home/Road: Boston College, Pittsburgh, Florida State, North Carolina
Home: Georgia Tech, Clemson, NC State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame
Road: Miami, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia, Louisville

We also play @Georgetown, Battle 4 Atlantis, Cornell, Colgate
Likely Villanova, B1G at home and 3 more home games.

wow, didn't realize the x2 vs Duke was going away

Yeah, with current scheduling I think it will be something like 9 years until we have 2x with them again.

Did the GTown series get finalized? I thought nova was only 2 years?

That's a brutal road schedule in conference at UVA, Duke, miami and Louisville. UNC as well. Yikes

Schedule is going to be brutal but seeing Pitt and BC twice every season is just annoying. Really hope the league does something soon to change the current format as playing teams such as Louisville, Duke, and UNC twice needs to happen more often.

Battle 4 Atlantis should be interesting as well. Revenge against Michigan would be nice and nothing could be better than beating the Uconnvicts.

Schedule looks a little strange not seeing Cal on it lol.

feels like the ACC is working to marginalize us. big Monday has been ruined, and the early returns on the schedule are now being phased out.

I read a quote somewhere along the lines of "everyone wants to have Duke on their home schedule every year" ... so makes perfect sense that it has to go away. Wonder what the "marquee" game will be on next year's Dome schedule. Guessing UNC if we can get them on a weekend.

Can't wait to go back to Charlottesville... hope that's also on a weekend. Will be heading there for football, but it's an awesome basketball environment too of course. I also should be attending my first game in Miami as most of my family has now migrated there!

Kind of like that though, will make it even more crazy and special for when they do come to the Dome.

feels like the ACC is working to marginalize us. big Monday has been ruined, and the early returns on the schedule are now being phased out.

Huh?

I understand the reasoning behind our link with Pitt because we came in together. Being coupled with BC is like getting stuck baby sitting the runt of the litter. I would much prefer a permanent home at home with Louisville.

Delmar said:
I understand the reasoning behind our link with Pitt because we came in together. Being coupled with BC is like getting stuck baby sitting the runt of the litter. I would much prefer a permanent home at home with Louisville.

I don't know. We don't play many games in the Northeast anymore. It's nice to give our fans some games to attend.

I don't know. We don't play many games in the Northeast anymore. It's nice to give our fans some games to attend.

Counting Boston College and Pittsburgh as being northeast, we played 26 games in the northeast this year. Yeah I know you hate the ACC and have to go on about it ad nauseum though. Life is so glass half empty

I'm fine with BC twice every year, that's 2 automatic W's (unless we play them when we're 25-0). If we played Pitt lville and duke or Carolina twice every year you know people would complain how tough and unfair our schedule is.

Couldn't agree more. I don't buy the "Northeast rivalry" reason either. Past 10 years with Louisville has produced some amazing games, BC is a snoozefest.

MSOrange said:
Counting Boston College and Pittsburgh as being northeast, we played 26 games in the northeast this year. Yeah I know you hate the ACC and have to go on about it ad nauseum though. Life is so glass half empty

You're right, the ACC sucks. Always will. Dislike it more than I imagined.

Yeah, with current scheduling I think it will be something like 9 years until we have 2x with them again.
I think that during the Duke game, the announcers said that with a 15 team league, the way the ACC does it is 2 "rival" teams (Pitt and BC) then home and home with 2 others on a rotating basis coming out 3 times in 10 years. SU and Duke the first 2 years (getting things going in the ACC) means home n home again sometime in the next 8. Of course this all changes if the ACC adds another team to get to 16. Maybe why they did it 2 years in a row to take advantage of the situation in case it changes in the future. Any idea who team #16 could be?

No Louisville at home?

F the ACC

Our out of conference is insane.

Calilivin28 said:
Couldn't agree more. I don't buy the "Northeast rivalry" reason either. Past 10 years with Louisville has produced some amazing games, BC is a snoozefest.

Fine, if you only watch SU on TV. But if you like to actually see them play in person and you don't live a short driving distance from SU, it's nice to have some regional games. But I guess we live in a made for TV world.

Who are Louisville's rivals? Pitt and us makes the most sense.

I think that during the Duke game, the announcers said that with a 15 team league, the way the ACC does it is 2 "rival" teams (Pitt and BC) then home and home with 2 others on a rotating basis coming out 3 times in 10 years. SU and Duke the first 2 years (getting things going in the ACC) means home n home again sometime in the next 8. Of course this all changes if the ACC adds another team to get to 16. Maybe why they did it 2 years in a row to take advantage of the situation in case it changes in the future. Any idea who team #16 could be?
Wonder what the new format would be with 16 teams in terms of a rotation. Hate to say it, but UConn possibly?

If we want a more balanced well rounded schedule maybe we need a better Athletic Director.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom