Syracuse basketball: School officials will attend NCAA hearing on potential violations this month | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse basketball: School officials will attend NCAA hearing on potential violations this month

This little nugget from the PS article has gotta make us all feel real good:

but when investigations necessitate hearings, they involve at least one Level I or Level II violation.
The hearing means Syracuse faces accusations of a "severe" or "significant" breach of conduct.

ugh
This is where the bodies are buried. If SU was playing guys they knew were ineligible then that is going to be the crux of the penalty. If Fab or Southerland played even a minute of a game and the school looked the other way eligibility wise that will be grounds for a post season ban and scholly's taken.

Its been going on for so long I'll believe it when I see it at this point. If its mainly Dirty and Fab, well we sat them and one lost the end of the season and the NCAA was involved both times so how bad could it possibly be? The thing with Jonny, Rick and Scoop is unpunishable by the NCAA IMO.

jordoo said:
Its been going on for so long I'll believe it when I see it at this point. If its mainly Dirty and Fab, well we sat them and one lost the end of the season and the NCAA was involved both times so how bad could it possibly be? The thing with Jonny, Rick and Scoop is unpunishable by the NCAA IMO.

If SU covered up a gang rape I think it should be punishable. Not as evil as what PSU did, but still reprehensible. Still, don't think that's what happened.

NKR1978 post: 1165840 said:
If SU covered up a gang rape I think it should be punishable. Not as evil as what PSU did, but still reprehensible. Still, don't think that's what happened.

Agreed but to my knowledge that is not what happened. No cover up no actual criminal charges excetera. That is why I don't think the NCAA can or should do anything.

Just saw a Pat Forde gloat . . . er I mean tweet about this
Not interested enough to look up but wasn't his story about drug testing or lack there of over a number of years? Was that ever investigated or was that a hit piece without substance?

Meanwhile somewhere a booster or one of Cal's goons are paying off some recruit while the NCAA turns it's nose.

Yup, read on here a rumor that Dajuans JD coach said dajuan was offered money by Cal right in front of him. NOthing came of it. SImilar to the sleezy 150,000 dollar commited uncommit back to commited from Noel.

Of course academics and syracuse, Maybe it should be looked at as a good thing that some of our student athletes have trouble with academics. It shows we actually have a standard, and have enforced it unlike alot of other schools. Yet they need to attack us over 1 player who ruined our entire tournament in march by not being academically elgible his one year here. A foreign student on top of it, really???
Do you think Fab would have been ruled inelgble at florida or Lousiville??? With a straight face, Really?

Howcome no other schools have their players ruled academically inelgible midseason EVER, and you want to punish us becuse we banned the one player of ours that was costing us a final four run. Come on guys Fab already cost us the entire tournament that year.

Sure Cuse has a great recruiting class coming in, and they go after us over things that happened 7 years ago. A no brainer.

Last edited:
What if they revoke scholarships? We might not have a 2015 class.
Would effect scholarships not yet awarded so 2016, 2017, 2018 probably -- if it comes to that.

That alleged 2007 event took place more than SEVEN years ago. It was a she said/he said thing... involving a freshman woman student who went to the room(s) of three freshmen basketball players at 3 a.m. THREE A.M.!!!

After filing her accusations... she eventually left school and chose not to pursue them. In the summer of 2008, the school said its investigation into into the matter was concluded and that no action would be taken against the three men.

I am absolutely appalled at this post by someone in such a representative capacity of the university. Possibly the most head in the sand statement I've read on this board in years.

Agreed but to my knowledge that is not what happened. No cover up no actual criminal charges excetera. That is why I don't think the NCAA can or should do anything.

+1
To say this isn't coming across as the opposite of favoritism would be a stretch. We have done nothing against the law, were completly open to the ncaa at all times, and did absolutely nothing that gave us a unfair advantage whatsoever.

When I was in school kids weren't suspended for the entire year if they got caught smoking alittle marjiuana at a party once or twice. Its laughable to think they would be.'

We have 4 really bright recruits coming in next year all lined up. Atleats 3 of them are high academic standard kids. And another future honor roll student the year after as well. JB personally voiced he is excited to be in the acc where he won't have to fight for talent mixed with high academic standards anymore.

Leave us Alone!

Last edited:
an aspect of what the NCAA was looking into with Southerland was a total misunderstanding by the NCAA investigators involving something that they were just not bright enough to comprehend. That is all I am able to say on this. Stupid is as stupid does.
Jay Bilas has their number and has called them on their bs and rightly so.

We had more posts over uniform discussions than possible NCAA sanctions.

Amazing.
Because
-e2ba3c730a868213.jpg

Bobby Cremins sits on the infractions committee. Is that some sort of attempt at humor? Or, is it like when a hardened criminal with special skills decides to work for the feds in an advisory capacity?
Well, sometimes you need an expert on something to really get to the bottom of it. Ever see the movie Catch Me If You Can? Cremins is their Frank Abignale.

PoppyHart said:
I am absolutely appalled at this post by someone in such a representative capacity of the university. Possibly the most head in the sand statement I've read on this board in years.
Oh give me a break

No one is saying that a girl can't be raped if she voluntarily went to someone's room at three am

But without proof it does increase doubt in her story

This whole development is no surprise. Read the quotes in the article from Jim Boeheim's book. The really sad part is ... that it has been dragged out by the NCAA for more than two years. Like Chinese water torture.
It took the NCAA longer to investigate these issues than it took to put a man on the moon.

It took the NCAA longer to investigate these issues than it took to put a man on the moon.
Yeah that's what I don't get. What is taking so long? I do think though that some of the institutional changes we are made are to be proactive here.

Oh give me a break

No one is saying that a girl can't be raped if she voluntarily went to someone's room at three am

But without proof it does increase doubt in her story

bahaha is it make the dumbest post we can day?