Syracuse coach Scott Shafer on K.J. Williams: 'I wish him all the luck in the world' (PS) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse coach Scott Shafer on K.J. Williams: 'I wish him all the luck in the world' (PS)

Shafer is making it a point only to talk about the guys who made it here, so I don't think that's an indictment of Williams, but just the way he chooses to do it. That said clearly something is up with the relationship between K.J. And the staff, but hopefully he and Praeter make it here in January

Libero2 said:
Shafer is making it a point only to talk about the guys who made it here, so I don't think that's an indictment of Williams, but just the way he chooses to do it. That said clearly something is up with the relationship between K.J. And the staff, but hopefully he and Praeter make it here in January
Sounds to me like the staff has moved on.

Sounds to me like the staff has moved on.

Let's hope not. RJ Anderson, Marinovich, Broyld, etc have all been key players throughout the years and come through Milford. Kid deserves the same chance others have received.

It all depends. He obviously needs to get his grades. Shafer seems disappointed but he only wants to talk about the kids who got it done and are here - and that's the right thing.

As for re-recruiting him, well, lets see what the needs are and who's on the prospect board.

If the staff is moving on, it leads me to believe that there is more to the story. Shafer has obviously shown no hesitation with sticking with kids with academic concerns, so I'd assume there is another reason.

It would be nice if Williams gets his grades/scores in order and he is able to make it to SU for Spring. But I'm not going to hold my breath. Some guys make it (Broyld) others don't (Baskin). The ones that don't have rarely ended up doing anything anywhere else. In fact I can't think of a single recruit that didn't make it initially that ended up doing anything noteworthy at another school (I'm sure someone out there will come up with a name).

I wish him luck as well this may end up being a very good thing for his future. Get his grades in order and either come to Syracuse or pick another school either way i hope he ends up doing well

It would be nice if Williams gets his grades/scores in order and he is able to make it to SU for Spring. But I'm not going to hold my breath. Some guys make it (Broyld) others don't (Baskin). The ones that don't have rarely ended up doing anything anywhere else. In fact I can't think of a single recruit that didn't make it initially that ended up doing anything noteworthy at another school (I'm sure someone out there will come up with a name).

The legendary Dom Timbers! wait no...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom