Syracuse football 14 in '14: Does the offense need a No.1 receiver (PS: Axe) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football 14 in '14: Does the offense need a No.1 receiver (PS: Axe)

crales44 said:
Broyld is a speed guy per Axe. Apparently Axe has never actually watched a Cuse game. Or, you know, people moving fast.
yeah, he has moves, but I would definitely not call him a "speed guy."

Martin said:
Talent in the athletes hasn't been the main question so far. It's coaching/management skills. Getting fresh legs/alternative skill sets in the game smoothly has been the problem. So far it has been a train wreck: burning time outs wastefully, etc.

Maybe a little... It's more the athlete and not being able to got off of bump coverage or run away from ACC corners.

Cornelius impressed me last year. He gets little mention. Didn't get a lot of minutes.

Agree. For all the talk about other guys, he was the one deep threat at the end of last season and I don't know why he gets mentioned less than incoming freshmen and Funderburke.

Depth is certainly there. The pessimist in me says the #'s are way too high, which means it's negatively impacting another unit on the team.

Shafer is right, Estime is the one to watch. The others will play great complimentary roles to what he can do. This offense should be productive this year, and more consistently so than last year. If only Macky didn't have to snap for field goals his true freshman year.

Maybe a little... It's more the athlete and not being able to got off of bump coverage or run away from ACC corners.
Emphasis on the word "main" {not only}. I would agree that your point is number 2 {they didn't face either one of those problems in high school and it takes both experience building and muscle building -- both of which take time}. But new kids especially need that two seconds to get set after a smooth substitution -- which we haven't been giving them.