Syracuse Football = minor league | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football = minor league

My example of a football major announcement: The IPF is FINALLY getting built. Certainly your right to disagree with that, and it certainly is my right to think the new uniform dog-and-pony show did not qualify as a major announcement. There is a big difference, IMHO. I can think of a few others if you think it would help you grasp the concept.
IPF being built is old news just like the uniforms and LSU series that you poo-pooed... why would that be a major annoucement? Maybe announcing a new stadium... That would qualify in my mind (if I'm grasping the concept sufficiently for you).

Last edited:
I think Nike hired a bunch of ex-1970's American automobile designers.

220px-AMC_Pacer_DL_coupe_1979_two-tone_brown_ext.JPG

northacuse said:
My example of a football major announcement: The IPF is FINALLY getting built. Certainly your right to disagree with that, and it certainly is my right to think the new uniform dog-and-pony show did not qualify as a major announcement. There is a big difference, IMHO. I can think of a few others if you think it would help you grasp the concept.

To the average fan (meaning, the ones not on this board) a series against LSU and new uniforms are roughly 1000X more "major" than a practice facility that they will never, ever see.

The lack of perspective here is staggering, although not at all surprising.

Scooch said:
To the average fan (meaning, the ones not on this board) a series against LSU and new uniforms are roughly 1000X more "major" than a practice facility that they will never, ever see. The lack of perspective here is staggering, although not at all surprising.

For me personally, I need to get out of the Christmas morning mindset and I should have learned that a long time ago. All news is delivered instantly in today's world. It's good that they formally announce things and get the press but playing LSU and getting new uniforms was old news in my giant head. I even guessed that's what they would announce but you get a couple posters saying "wow I just heard and it's huge" and suddenly I'm sucked right in.

They test hamsters that are smarter than me.

IPF being built is old news just like the uniforms and LSU series that you poo-pooed... why would that be a major annoucement? Maybe announcing a new stadium... That would qualify in my mind (if I'm grasping the concept sufficiently for you).

Oh! So they have started construction? Thanks for updating me! I guess I missed all the activity when I drove down Colvin Street yesterday.

For me personally, I need to get out of the Christmas morning mindset and I should have learned that a long time ago. All news is delivered instantly in today's world. It's good that they formally announce things and get the press but playing LSU and getting new uniforms was old news in my giant head. I even guessed that's what they would announce but you get a couple posters saying "wow I just heard and it's huge" and suddenly I'm sucked right in.

I gave you a like because your last line was hilarious.

I don't believe that to be true though.

Our fanbase is so ignorant that I guarantee 95% of them had zero clue about either LSU or new uniforms. And that may be generous, it was probably 99%.

Oh, and people who say they hear about something "huge" are usually lying. Whispers, whispers everywhere. :)

But I have to say, this part of the speculation was freakin' inspired:

amtrak-acela-train-587.jpg

Oh! So they have started construction? Thanks for updating me! I guess I missed all the activity when I drove down Colvin Street yesterday.
If it isn't started by June then there's a reason to worry. If there's issues with conservation and the stream under Manley what do you want them to do?

Our fanbase is so ignorant that I guarantee 95% of them had zero clue about either LSU or new uniforms. And that may be generous, it was probably 99%.

Just me, and not a dig at anything you said.

I knew new unis were in development.
I did not know about LSU.

Why anyone needs to know anything about things like this before an announcement like that is beyond me.

A little birdy just told me Shaffer farted. I'm the 1st to know! Ain't I cool?

I'm more into real stuff, like yesterday's performance, and anticipating things like a women's lax NC.

Why anyone needs to know anything about things like this before an announcement like that is beyond me.

I'm more into real stuff, like yesterday's performance, and anticipating things like a women's lax NC.

Not what I meant. The LSU series was literally reported a few weeks ago. Not secretly, it came straight from the LSU AD office and also ran in Syracuse.com I believe. So if we had a fanbase that was actually rabid, most people would have already known about it. But we don't, and they didn't.

bnoro said:
If it isn't started by June then there's a reason to worry. If there's issues with conservation and the stream under Manley what do you want them to do?

Permits. Same problem as months ago.

its not that anyone needs to know, i think the lsu series had an article on cbssportsline a few weeks ago saying it was done, just not formalized. this was proof that the ink was dry. personally, i was hoping for something else, like they added a Giants Stadium game either against LSU or someone else. they told us NYCers to get ready for something and all it was, was...a couple of guys walking around town in a getup that 110% of NYCers wouldnt recognize as a Syracuse football uniform.

so the 'major announcement' was kind of a let down, old news. as scooch said, 99% probably didnt know either was coming, but i doubt the 99% would call what they announced as 'major' either.

I like the UNIs and I don't know much about the mall thing except what you all say.

its not that anyone needs to know, i think the lsu series had an article on cbssportsline a few weeks ago saying it was done, just not formalized. this was proof that the ink was dry. personally, i was hoping for something else, like they added a Giants Stadium game either against LSU or someone else. they told us NYCers to get ready for something and all it was, was...a couple of guys walking around town in a getup that 110% of NYCers wouldnt recognize as a Syracuse football uniform.

so the 'major announcement' was kind of a let down, old news. as scooch said, 99% probably didnt know either was coming, but i doubt the 99% would call what they announced as 'major' either.

Agreed...

Sorry, but I think you missed my point. I understand the problems in getting the IPF construction started, and I am not criticizing anyone for the delay. The point I was trying to make in my original post was that the announcement that construction of the IPF has indeed actually started would, IMHO, be more of a major announcement than the "major" announcement of new unis and the scheduling an SEC opponent. Which will have more impact on the future of the FB program?

Who cares? Just win and all will right again with the football program.

Not what I meant. The LSU series was literally reported a few weeks ago. Not secretly, it came straight from the LSU AD office and also ran in Syracuse.com I believe. So if we had a fanbase that was actually rabid, most people would have already known about it. But we don't, and they didn't.
Like I said, not a dig at you. I don't read Syracuse.com daily, or even weekly. I also limit my time on the football board during hoops and lax season. So no surprise I missed it. Not sure how I even found this thread.

But, if it was reported earlier, it's definitely not worthy of a major announcement. My whole point though is playing LSU is a big deal, whether reported yesterday or two weeks prior.

Completely agree. It was more like a 'state of the union', and perhaps should have been done as a pep rally for the spring game.

Like I said, not a dig at you. I don't read Syracuse.com daily, or even weekly. I also limit my time on the football board during hoops and lax season. So no surprise I missed it. Not sure how I even found this thread.

But, if it was reported earlier, it's definitely not worthy of a major announcement. My whole point though is playing LSU is a big deal, whether reported yesterday or two weeks prior.

So it's a big deal that's not worthy of a major announcement? I don't follow.

So it's a big deal that's not worthy of a major announcement? I don't follow.

When I first posted posted, I did not realize it had been previously announced. I thought it was a pay board thing.

Playing the game is a huge deal. Reporting it the first time is big news. Announcing it 2 weeks after it's been reported is not a major announcement in and of itself. Showing off the unis is a 'major announcement' IMO. So, anything that goes along with that is part of a 'major announcement'. The 2 fer Villy game is cool, and is worth of an announcement. Announcing something that's already been reported, I'm not sure what that is. It happens all the time. I'll let the PR types comment further.

My measuring stick for 'major announcements' was when Magic discussed his AIDs diagnosis. That blew my socks off. Kept me glued to the TV when I should have been studying for finals.

Getting twisted up in knots about it on this forum is something I don't want to do any further on this thread. Time to step away from the keyboard.