Syracuse Football Ticket Sales | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football Ticket Sales

FOOD - I made a suggestion a while ago that wouldn't require too much with regard to the food.

There should be an outdoor concession stand/trailer/tent at every gate selling and grilling some of NY's best products, Dinosaur, Gianelli, Leigh and Steigerwalds, Hoffman's, etc. This avoids completely the open flame issue inside the dome and gives some people a minute outside during breaks/halftime to clear the concourse a bit. You could set up a trailer or tents along with some of those moveable corrals close to each gate. Contract them out to vendors so they can offer craft beers on draft, and deep fried stuff, French fries, chicken fingers, etc. Real NY style pizza from Paladino's, Mario & Salvo's, Avicolli's, not what is served there now...contract the food that the locals love and visitors will be surprised by.

Start an hour or so before the game and do it in addition to what goes on in the quad, just offer alcohol where the quad doesn't. I bet you will find out how fast one is more popular than the other. Keep them separate if possible.

I for one would love to step outside the dome at halftime and after each quarter to get a Gianelli sausage and a craft beer from the tap.

Granted, weather would play a factor later in the year but only for a few games.

As a high ranking member of the fine lot tailgate (lol) I almost never eat during the games due to our great tailgates but my god the food in the dome is freaking awful. I had the mistfortune of being hungry during a few basketball games and the choices were bare bones and the food was absolutely awful. The dome dog looked like it had been there since Dan Conleys last game and the pretzel had so much salt on it I thought I might go into cardiac arrest. Its 2014 not 1991 can we please get some reasonable food items in the dome? We finally have some craft beer options and other beer/alcohol options that at least have us in this century but the food makes me feel like im watching a game back at Solvay.

Dan, thanks for signing up and soliciting opinions. Great work by all.

One thing I've always thought of that I haven't seen mentioned:

SU should offer inexpensive (or free, until demand increases) season-long tailgating spots on the Quad and Hendricks Field as an alternative to tailgating in the lots. Allow groups to stake out a ~400 square foot plot, set it up early that morning or the night before the game, and park remotely.

I experienced something similar at Texas A&M and it seems to be a common practice at big southern schools. It works well; as long as parking and traffic are perceived to be difficult, this would be a way to get people onto campus and enjoying the football experience without the inconvenience and expense of storing a car. SU has plenty of green space; I think this could prove popular with university support.

Hey otto, great idea but I heard a few years ago Syracuse didnt want anything official as far as tailgating on the quad for a variety of reasons including the fact that dont want several hundred or even thousands of people trampeling all over the quad with booze etc. This was a few years ago but from what I was told the chances of them doing something like your suggesting was almost zero.

Hey otto, great idea but I heard a few years ago Syracuse didnt want anything official as far as tailgating on the quad for a variety of reasons including the fact that dont want several hundred or even thousands of people trampeling all over the quad with booze etc. This was a few years ago but from what I was told the chances of them doing something like your suggesting was almost zero.

I think you're right about that. But hopefully they reevaluate these things every so often.

give a discount on metlife games for season ticket holder
This will not be our only mini plan - we wanted this one out early because of the FSU Game!

yea im definitely making the fsu game a priority

give a discount on metlife games for season ticket holder

yea im definitely making the fsu game a priority

Two things -

MetLife discount - We are offering a discount for season ticket holders!
FSU Game - Shoot me an email and we can talk about the metlife discount and some FSU options - drbartle @ syr . edu

just an idea on mini plans. offer more than 1 like the current one where villanova,fsu and any other game for 125. If the nova Give game doesn't work give the option of substituting one of the other games for that game at like $10-$15 more. Give season ticket holders for football a discount if they want bball tickets as well? Promote the heck out of su sports locally

Also too - there are discounts for having both sports on a season basis but we are always looking at ways to improve upon that!

Charge SU students $25 and give them a ticket to every SU sporting event. Just make it an activity fee and let them all in for free.

Charter a bus (or more) from surrounding cities (Utica, Rochester, Binghamton, Cortland, Albany, Watertown, Buffalo) - price is $50 - includes a ticket and bus fare.
And call it the Orange Express.

if you want some low hanging fruit.. how about fixing the singage to get to and from the dome parking.. An example.. If you are an out of towner who has never been to the Dome and come down 81 it will try to send you to Skytop off exit 16.. You can get off the exit circle around using the faded signs that look like they are 30 years old.. Eventually you make it.. However when you leave the game and go back to Skytop there is not one single sign that tells you how to get back to 81 and in fact if you go back the same road the same direction you came in you will be totally confused as there is no clear way to get back on 81.

Its even worse if for some reason you come into the parking areas off exit 17 and get shuffled to skytop as you come in the front entrance and they try to send you out the back exit after a game.

There are also no signs explaining to anyone how the bus system works once you park, where to go stand in line, how to find the correct bus coming back out, what direction to walk in when leaving the dome to find the buses. Most people can figure it out when when you come in during daylight and circle around the dome to proper entrance its pretty easy to get a bit confused when the game ends in the dark. if someone leaves the Dome and doesnt take the correct sidewalk back to the Manley/Skytop buses you end up finding the buses but never pass the one person trying to stream the crowd to the correct bus to get on. Every game you end up with people on the wrong bus.

You need to have some people try the Dome game experience as a newbee to understand the issues in crowd control and flow.

Spend some money looking into how bad the crowd flow is inside the dome. Lines to concessions cross thru the lines trying to move to the bathrooms or people just walking in circles.

I wasn't talking about paint on the seats I was talking about poly-vinyl seat wraps and riser covers. I agree paint all the concrete uprights and walls orange maybe add big blue lettering above each corner of the upper deck that says THE LOUD HOUSE.

Agreed. Here's an image of an empty University of Florida stadium.
Swamp-panoramic.jpg

Compare to Carrier Dome.

SyracuseShave030.jpeg

Orange doesn't have to extend throughout seating areas - that's unrealistic due to wear and tear, and upkeep costs.

But look at the areas above the first level of seats and just under the suite level that is gray, the entranceways, and the walls above the upper deck. All of those should be painted Orange.

discounts to Metlife for season tix holders? Tell me more...

There is a special offer on the upper sideline for 'Cuse season ticket holders - tickets that are $75 are currently $45 for the discount.

The website link is -- http://nycollegeclassic.com/ -- this will redirect you to the MyCuseAccount page to take advantage of the offer. I believe it expires 4/20 at Midnight

You will have the ability to purchase as many tickets that you have seasons with. For example if you have 4 seasons, you can get 4 for the game at that price

SU says it want to be family friendly but when I take my son to a Football game there is only a bounce house for him to play on and he says he gets board. But he loves to go to Rochester Red Wing games because they have a bounce house, a clown, run the field, etc.

Last edited:
There is a special offer on the upper sideline for 'Cuse season ticket holders - tickets that are $75 are currently $45 for the discount.

The website link is -- http://nycollegeclassic.com/ -- this will redirect you to the MyCuseAccount page to take advantage of the offer. I believe it expires 4/20 at Midnight

You will have the ability to purchase as many tickets that you have seasons with. For example if you have 4 seasons, you can get 4 for the game at that price

see, how would i know this? Do we get emails, maybe they go to SPAM? Better Communication to season ticket holders would be huge for all.

see, how would i know this? Do we get emails, maybe they go to SPAM? Better Communication to season ticket holders would be huge for all.

Yeah I was surprised when people were calling me and had no idea about this offer. I would definitely check your spam folder but communication is the main reason I'm here. I wanted to reach out to all of you first hand and let you guys know about stuff like this

SU says it want to be family but when I take him to a Football game there is only a bounce house for him to play on and he says he gets board. But he loves to go to Rochester Red Wing games because they have a bounce house, a clown, run the field, etc.

Tom - we appreciate the feedback on this because we are always looking for ways to cater better to families and kids specifically.

I hope you're ready for our 'Major Announcement' tomorrow:)

Dear Dan: (n):eek::(:crazy:Oh Lord

Disappointing to say the least.

send back the feedback on just how bad the uniforms promoted today really are.

Also too - there are discounts for having both sports on a season basis but we are always looking at ways to improve upon that!

One suggestion would be to offer an option where you can mix and match Preferred A/B/C/D between Football and Basketball. I had an opportunity to upgrade from C to B for Football last year - but was told there are no guarantee B level seats would be available when that upgrade process came around. Essentially I be paying for B level for both, but might wind up with C level B-Ball seats.

My head hurts trying to type all that.

One suggestion would be to offer an option where you can mix and match Preferred A/B/C/D between Football and Basketball. I had an opportunity to upgrade from C to B for Football last year - but was told there are no guarantee B level seats would be available when that upgrade process came around. Essentially I be paying for B level for both, but might wind up with C level B-Ball seats.

My head hurts trying to type all that.

Totally agree with this. It would be helpful to simply know what inventory is available at different levels that aren't dependent on renewals...can't this be tracked systematically? Also, why does one have to request a parking upgrade in writing?

Frankly, the box office makes it difficult to add to your account everything but the most straight-forward transaction...at least in my opinion.

Go Orange!

I hope you're ready for our 'Major Announcement' tomorrow:)

Dear Dan: (n):eek::(:crazy:Oh Lord

Disappointing to say the least.

Orange ones are on the way as well! Maybe not the major you guys were looking for but we are excited about how these along with the LSU announcement and Shafer's buyout with 'Nova tickets will help the program!

send back the feedback on just how bad the uniforms promoted today really are.

The key is that the recruits and players love them. The jerseys won't please everyone but this is what matters to recruits. Better recruits - better program. That is what it's all about! We appreciate the feedback!!

The key is that the recruits and players love them. The jerseys won't please everyone but this is what matters to recruits. Better recruits - better program. That is what it's all about! We appreciate the feedback!!

shot you an email

Orange ones are on the way as well! Maybe not the major you guys were looking for but we are excited about how these along with the LSU announcement and Shafer's buyout with 'Nova tickets will help the program!

No personal barbs at you, Dan. You've really made a good start here. Hope you took good notes from some of the more savvy posters here (and that rules me out!) and present them to those higher up the food chain. Some good stuff here as I am sure you agree.

Where you hanging at the Spring Game? I'd like to at least say Hi and welcome you to the best SU sports forum on the web.

Hello to All!

My name is Dan Bartlett and I am brand new to this site, but very familiar with Syracuse. I have been a life long fan and resident and I began working in the ticket sales office back in August.

I had heard of this website and I began checking it out a lot more often just to see what you guys would say about uniforms, schedules, offers, etc. I am here today as a new member of the site and looking for some help.

We have had a great response thus far with the on sale of Football packages but I want to expand that horizon. I come to you today looking for any kind of feedback or suggestions that you all have because I want to cater to you.

I really look forward to speaking with any and all of you. We can chat on here or even drop me an email at drbartle @ syr . edu (I spaced it out it didn't look right when I posted originally) - I'm always available for 'Cuse fans!!

If you need anything from me or just want to talk Syracuse sports shoot me an email. Take care for now Orange fans.

welcome. Great job coming onto the board. Jason Poles did it too... not sure why others havent. Hope you sell the heck out of the dome.