Syracuse Football Ticket Sales | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football Ticket Sales

The key is that the recruits and players love them. The jerseys won't please everyone but this is what matters to recruits. Better recruits - better program. That is what it's all about! We appreciate the feedback!!
The jerseys are awesome. Don't listen to a few wishing to speak for the rest. Not everyone embraces change, just the way it is.

No personal barbs at you, Dan. You've really made a good start here. Hope you took good notes from some of the more savvy posters here (and that rules me out!) and present them to those higher up the food chain. Some good stuff here as I am sure you agree.

Where you hanging at the Spring Game? I'd like to at least say Hi and welcome you to the best SU sports forum on the web.

No chance I'll be standing still lol. I'll be given a certain area to help people with season ticket questions - once I know that I'll post on here - until then just look for a suit!

As far as all of your posts - all great feedback, negative or positive. My director has been checking in and reading comments as well have others in the athletic department. Like I originally said - I am here for you guys. WHATEVER I can do to help - I'm all in

welcome. Great job coming onto the board. Jason Poles did it too... not sure why others havent. Hope you sell the heck out of the dome.

As someone stated before I was the bravest guy on the internet! Haha! In all seriousness it has been awesome to connect with you guys. I'm all for those who bleed Orange!!

If our best recruiting angle is our uniforms, the game is over. Turn out the lights.

A lot of different angles to recruiting - we believe we now have one of those better covered!

I didn't see it? drbartle@syr . edu -- No spaces it just doesn't all show up if I don't
I resent it to that email address. will have @frontier.com email as sender

Let me start by saying I think it is great you are reaching out to the fanbase.

Some general comments:

On Uniforms...

At this point, I just want uniforms that feature the color orange. Go ahead, use duct tape all over the place, throw in some black, some camo shading and some spatters of blood. Just have some orange so there is a chance I can tell which team to root for.

On Scheduling...

I would like to see a good out of conference team on the home schedule every season. I am fine with playing an FCS school once a year as well.

Regarding conference play, I realize you can't control this but in case you were wondering, I am in favor of any change that will reduce the length of time between appearances at the Dome for conference opponents. That means I would like to see a 9 game conference schedule and changes to conference scheduling so you don't have to play all the schools in your division every year.

Food options in the Dome are horrible, but I don't care because I tailgate beforehand. But from my travels to other college venues, the Dome should add food options featuring prominent local foods. There should be Dino BBQ available, salt potatoes, coneys, spiedies, chicken riggies, half moons, etc.

It would be good to get more open space...why haven't you built an extension on the West side of the Dome to add big concourses on the lower and upper levels? The space and technology exist to do it. More bathrooms, more food choices, a place to walk bored children (maybe even a playroom for them), a sit down restaurant or two, a food court, tables and chairs, maybe a bar...there are lots of things that could be added.

On Tickets...

Everyone knows this is a huge mess. You charge season ticket holders full price for tickets and then constantly sell tickets for next to nothing close to gameday, when you desperately want to increase the number of tickets sold. That is a horrible business model...you are setting yourself up to discourage people from buying season tickets.

You do have (last I knew) two level of season tickets, the 'food stamp' cheapies in the end zone and the rest. I have no problem with the food stamps but you need to go further and have 4 or 5 sets of prices for season tickets. The gap between food stamps and the rest is too large; you are leaving money on the table by encouraging people to buy food stamp tickets or just to wait it out each game and buy the Groupon tickets at $10 per. And doing something like this might address the huge issue of all the silver in the areas between the goal lines and the the 30 yard lines on both sides of the stadium.

The most important thing right now is to get people in the Dome, to get it filled regularly. Price to make this happen. Give sizable discounts to people less than 30 years old. Give sizable discounts to seniors. Give sizable discounts to soldiers (market the hell out of Fort Drum). Market SU football as being family friendly (which it is) in all major cities in upstate NY, especially in Western NY, where families have to be appalled at the disgraceful behavior of fans at Bills games. Make SU games really family friendly by discounting ticket prices accordingly.

You have to give season ticket holders reasons to buy season tickets. I buy real season tickets every year and sit in my seats but a lot of my friends get in as cheaply as possible and sit right next to me. They think I am crazy to pay full price and to pay a licensing fee as well and they are right. This involves pricing incentives to be sure but there should be more.

Free access to the Cuse All Access web site, free parking at the not so great parking lots (say Skytop), a free download of the year in review video, a free subscription to the SU athletics magazine, an opportunity to attend a recruiting briefing on or near LOI Day, an opportunity to attend what used to be called the Ernie Davis scrimmage in the preseason, (they would have to pay to attend but they couldn't attend without being season ticket holders), maybe an opportunity to attend a BBQ with the players and coaches after the spring game (again they would have to pay but would need to be a season ticket holder to have access).

People aren't stupid. If you want them to change their behavior, give them some incentive to do so.

Miscellaneous...

Out of town scores are not being provided or updated well. With the new scoreboards, the method of delivery is there. No excuse to not do a better job on this.

You are not using the scoreboards well to provide statistics for the game. No reason live statistics can't be out there, visible to all, at least 33% of the time. Loop through a couple of screens worth to display all relevant stats. If you were to do this (and show out of town scores on them), people would actually look at the ribbon scoreboards more as they would be showing helpful/interesting information instead of a rotation of badly done boring ads no where cares about. I understand the need for ads...just saying when you show ads 95% of the time, you are actually acting to discourage fans from looking at them.

Again, props to you for reaching out. These problems have been around for many years and the university has done little to nothing to address them. If anything, they have made some of the problems worse. I hope you can drive some of the fundamental changes that need to be made to improve things.

Well said and agreed

But... Something needs to be done to appreciate the loyal season ticket holders who have supported this program through some very dark times! Those tenured ticket holders ( like myself) who have paid a premium for preferred seating have been investing in a product at SU without SU investing back within us... This loyalty needs to and should be recognized to all season ticket holders who have supported the program.

I like the loyalty concept. It builds in retention. It could be something simple like you get a 1% discount for every consecutive year you hold season tickets beginning with year 2. Cap it at 10%.

Maybe it's just a discount on the ticket, or the donation level, maybe both. Something that monetarily rewards loyalty.

Run a bus from Albany on game day. Other than that - what Tom said.

But... Something needs to be done to appreciate the loyal season ticket holders who have supported this program through some very dark times! Those tenured ticket holders ( like myself) who have paid a premium for preferred seating have been investing in a product at SU without SU investing back within us... This loyalty needs to and should be recognized to all season ticket holders who have supported the program.

One little thing they did is SU Season Ticket holders are getting discounted tickets to the Notre Dame game.

Dan, can you get the dome to add a family bathroom so I can bring my 2 young girls to games by myself and not have to drag them past the troughs?

Dan-

fyi, if you're going to listen to a few posters on here, definitely seriously look into what sutomcat, Jake, cto, rrlbees, (to name a few), have to say.

Been around Syracuse a long time and the definition of representing and supporting Syracuse athletics (and the school as a whole).

if you want some low hanging fruit.. how about fixing the singage to get to and from the dome parking.. An example.. If you are an out of towner who has never been to the Dome and come down 81 it will try to send you to Skytop off exit 16.. You can get off the exit circle around using the faded signs that look like they are 30 years old.. Eventually you make it.. However when you leave the game and go back to Skytop there is not one single sign that tells you how to get back to 81 and in fact if you go back the same road the same direction you came in you will be totally confused as there is no clear way to get back on 81.

Its even worse if for some reason you come into the parking areas off exit 17 and get shuffled to skytop as you come in the front entrance and they try to send you out the back exit after a game.

There are also no signs explaining to anyone how the bus system works once you park, where to go stand in line, how to find the correct bus coming back out, what direction to walk in when leaving the dome to find the buses. Most people can figure it out when when you come in during daylight and circle around the dome to proper entrance its pretty easy to get a bit confused when the game ends in the dark. if someone leaves the Dome and doesnt take the correct sidewalk back to the Manley/Skytop buses you end up finding the buses but never pass the one person trying to stream the crowd to the correct bus to get on. Every game you end up with people on the wrong bus.

You need to have some people try the Dome game experience as a newbee to understand the issues in crowd control and flow.

Spend some money looking into how bad the crowd flow is inside the dome. Lines to concessions cross thru the lines trying to move to the bathrooms or people just walking in circles.

1000 times this. It's a giant sh_tshow walking around to the bathroom or to get food.

1000 times this. It's a giant sh_tshow walking around to the bathroom or to get food.
i really don't think that's driving ticket sales problems

it's been too easy to drink and piss at the games because no one goes

i really don't think that's driving ticket sales problems

it's been too easy to drink and piss at the games because no one goes

Strippers on orange poles at mid-field.

If nothing else, we get JarheadJim to the game.

Dan, can you get the dome to add a family bathroom so I can bring my 2 young girls to games by myself and not have to drag them past the troughs?

A family bathroom would be really nice...something that could be put in down by the west endzone. SU needs to make a decision on the lifespan of the Dome first.

The guy asks what he can help you with for ticket sales and you people are asking him to widen the concourses and build family bathrooms... Oh Lord

Haha! I was a facility intern here at the Carrier Dome for a year before this position. Any feedback is good even if it is not ticket related. Customer Service and input is why I'm here in the first place, and you all have been nothing short of fantastic with that regard

He gave us an inch, we took a mile. We are Orange fans, that's what we do. No one expects much from us, we exceed expectations, just like our team.

Love that. You guys can ask, tell, or vent anything you'd like. I call people all day so I'm no stranger to negativity. I am extremely excited for the spring game in a few days and this upcoming football season. GO ORANGE!!

No personal barbs at you, Dan. You've really made a good start here. Hope you took good notes from some of the more savvy posters here (and that rules me out!) and present them to those higher up the food chain. Some good stuff here as I am sure you agree.

Where you hanging at the Spring Game? I'd like to at least say Hi and welcome you to the best SU sports forum on the web.
Shouldn't a beer be included in that welcome too :)

We biotched and they replied

Shaferdealhelmet.jpg

Earlier this afternoon, Coach Shafer graciously offered to buy a ticket for every ticket purchased for our 2014 Football home opener vs. Villanova on Friday, August 29th. This “Next Fan Up” matching ticket offer is Coach Shafer’s way of encouraging the community to build upon a successful 2013 campaign, and show their support by filling the Carrier Dome for our first game of the 2014 season.
As a season ticket holder, we want you to know that you were also included in this special offer, and you have the opportunity to request these complimentary tickets (up to the same number as your paid season football tickets) via your MyCuse Account. To take advantage of this special offer, just login to your MyCuse Accountanytime starting now through Saturday, May 31, 2014 at 11:59 pm. Once logged in, the offer is listed on the left side of the page.
The “Next Fan Up” offer expires on May 31, 2014. Tickets will be assigned in the best available non-preferred locations in the 100, 200, and 300 levels (note that these tickets will not be next to your season tickets). The priority order will be determined by the price level in which your season tickets are currently located. Your complimentary tickets will then be available for you to print-at-home (Ticketfast) or forward to a friend via your MyCuse account starting Tuesday, July 1. (There is no charge for this.)
As always, please contact us with any questions regarding this process at 1-888-DOMETIX (366-3849), and press “zero”. The Carrier Dome Box Office hours are 8:00am – 4:30pm., Monday through Friday.

Thank you and GO ORANGE!
Syracuse University Athletics

Dan one thing Syracuse can do to help increase ticket sales is utilize the summer time and the corresponding events to reach out to people. I mentioned this before to Jason Poles but I think its worth repeating.

While Syracuse does have a booth at the State Fair (a terrible location by the way) I never see them at other events throughout CNY where I think they could be successful in selling tickets.

Events like Taste of Syracuse, Polish Fest, Irish fest etc are perfect opportunities for Syracuse to send someone like yourself and a person from the ticket office or even someone from the ticket office and an intern to set up a small booth and sell season tickets, mini game plans, give out posters, answer questions etc. I know some of the festivals like the Irish and Italian fest are usually held when the season has started, why not offer reduced season tickets or specialized plans at that point? Theres also several other festivals throughoug June, July, and Augst in that same space downtown that syracuse should have a presence at. I think they could easily sell several hundred season tickets or mini plans throughout the course of the summer especially with high profile opponents coming up the next few years ie FSU, LSU, Clemson etc.

Secondly Syracuse should also be targeting events that tend to attract people with more disposable income. Brew at the Zoo in early August attracts a large mostly white collar crowd. No reason Syracuse shouldn't have a booth right in the beginning of the event selling tickets, answering questions, offering mini packages etc, would surely be a hit. Ditto for taking advantage of other events throughout CNY, Balloonfest, Celtic Games, Greek Fest etc.

Third - Syracuse should also look to hit areas outside of CNY. I dont have dates or locations but someone should find out when cities like Utica, Rochester, Binghamton and other cities are having large festivals and ensure Syracuse has a booth there. Even if a large amount of tickets aren't sold you are at least planting the seed in peoples heads. Also gives Syracuse the opportunity to offer specialized packages for that one day only. You would be amazed how many people will jump on an offer if they feel there going to miss out and its only available that day.

Lastly Syracuse should absolutely be utilizing the Finger Lakes and wine country. Every weekend that place is packed with people doing wine tours (trust me I am one of them). Several of the larger wineries like Three Bros, Wagner, Glenora, Torrey Ridge, Hazlitt, draw in thousands of people each weekend. Syracuse could reach out to a handful of them and rotate to one each weekend with a small booth. Again a perfect opportunity to offer season tickets, single game sales, mini packages, schedule pamphlets etc.

Honestly thats just scratching the surface on what Syracuse could due to market themselves more from a ticket perspective.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom