Syracuse Junior Chiefs Special Benefit Night July 22nd for Orangeyes Charity | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Junior Chiefs Special Benefit Night July 22nd for Orangeyes Charity

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Gang:

Crusty and his wife have bought the Syracuse Junior Chiefs. One of their first acts has been to set up a home game as a benefit for the Orangeyes Charity.

Crusty provided the following info on the game (see below). I hope many of you can attend and show support for Orangeyes and Crusty.

War Damn Otto!

The game will be played on Friday night July 22nd at 7 PM at the OCC baseball stadium.

Tickets
All ticket proceeds will go to the foundation. $5 for adults and $3 for children and seniors.
I will post this on syracusetailgates.com and tickets can be purchased on the site as well as at the gate.

Concessions
All net concession profits will go to the foundation. We will stock with:
Hot Dogs
Coneys
Hoffman
Pop Corn
Soft drinks (the college stadium is dry)
Candy
Chips
If anybody wants to contribute any deserts or extras that would be great. I will set up my Syracuse tent and

50/50

We can hold a 50/50 with proceeds to the foundation.

If anyone has any additional revenue ideas I am all ears!

www.syracusejuniorchiefs.com
www.nycbl.com

Crusty

Attachments

• Press Release Orangeyes Foundation Benefit Night.pdf
    59.5 KB · Views: 251
For those unfamiliar with Collegiate Summer League Baseball or the Syracuse Junior Chiefs here on a few of fast facts. Hope to see you there!

Collegiate Summer League Baseball
  • Nationwide there are two dozen leagues with over 150 teams and over 4,000 players.
  • A large number of players are drafted each year by MLB.
  • Only place to gain wooden bat experience so, the leagues are heavily scouted.
  • Last year 3.7 million fans attended collegiate baseball summer league games.
New York Collegiate Baseball League (www.nycbl.com)
  • Operated continuously for over 30 years.
  • Sponsored in part by Major League Baseball.
  • Wooden bat league open to players with remaining college eligibility.
  • Currently 10 teams located across Upstate New York.
  • High caliber of play – numerous players drafted into MLB.
  • Observe NCAA rules.
Syracuse Junior Chiefs
  • One of the charter members of the NYCBL
  • Won the first league championship in 1978
  • The team is currently in second place in the Eastern Division
  • Two of the stars of the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Cinderella victory in this years College World Series once played for the Junior Chiefs.
The team plays in the beautiful Onondaga Community College Alliance Stadium 4585 W Seneca Turnpike, Syracuse, NY 13215.

OCC-Front.jpg

image_handler.jpg

Edit: All concessions as well as ticket sales and 50/50 will go to the Orangeyes Foundation.

Last edited:
Wait, Crusty, am I reading this right? You own a sports franchise?

Wait, Crusty, am I reading this right? You own a sports franchise?
LOL yeah. We have been looking for a Summer Collegiate Baseball Team to buy or a venue to start a new franchise for the last six or seven years. We looked at the Coastal Plaints League at first, but could never find a place to play. Upstate New York has a bunch of old minor league parks and new college ones that are empty in the summer and are now occupied by summer league teams. Many are run like minor league baseball as affordable family entertainment. Both Alyce and I want to spend the summer months in Upstate NY so we figured this would be a fun thing to do. The season is June and July, which is just perfect for us. We will stay through about the end of September and see some home games.

Last edited:
LOL yeah. We have been looking for a Summer Collegiate Baseball Team to guy or a venue to start a new franchise for the last six or seven years. We looked at the Coastal Plaints League at first, but could never find a place to play. Upstate New York has a bunch of old minor league parks and new college ones that are empty in the summer and are now occupied by summer league teams. Many are run like minor league baseball as affordable family entertainment. Both Alyce and I want to spend the summer months in Upstate NY so we figured this would be a fun thing to do. The season is June and July, which is just perfect for us. We will stay through about the end of September and see some home games.
Well congrats, well done, and way to live the dream!

Send them up to play the Goldpanners!!

Last edited:
Gang:

Crusty and his wife have bought the Syracuse Junior Chiefs. One of their first acts has been to set up a home game as a benefit for the Orangeyes Charity.

Crusty provided the following info on the game (see below). I hope many of you can attend and show support for Orangeyes and Crusty.

War Damn Otto!

The game will be played on Friday night July 22nd at 7 PM at the OCC baseball stadium.

Tickets
All ticket proceeds will go to the foundation. $5 for adults and $3 for children and seniors.
I will post this on syracusetailgates.com and tickets can be purchased on the site as well as at the gate.

Concessions
All net concession profits will go to the foundation. We will stock with:
Hot Dogs
Coneys
Hoffman
Pop Corn
Soft drinks (the college stadium is dry)
Candy
Chips
If anybody wants to contribute any deserts or extras that would be great. I will set up my Syracuse tent and

50/50

We can hold a 50/50 with proceeds to the foundation.

If anyone has any additional revenue ideas I am all ears!

www.syracusejuniorchiefs.com
www.nycbl.com

Crusty
Looking forward to checking this out and hope to catch up with some other board members there.