Syracuse lacrosse: Takeaways from the Orange's ACC title game loss to Notre Dame (PS) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse lacrosse: Takeaways from the Orange's ACC title game loss to Notre Dame (PS)

My thoughts are this and some have been mentioned before, firstly what a great tournament for our athletes to compete in, I'd like to know what odds everyone would have given Cuse on Friday against the Blue Devils! It was an amazing achievement to beat them in the way we did, however that took a great deal of energy and effort, The def and attack did not change all game and think this made us a little gassed come Sunday! That is why you saw more rotation at all positions yesterday. It has been mentioned already but you saw some Un-characteristic play yesterday - Donahue missing a couple of passes, Rice not getting his hands free on GLE to take the extra step to finish, Billy Ward taking a Couple of shots that he shouldn't, however I must say their Def played very well!

I felt for Wardwell aka Sasquatch he didn't see the ball very well and admitted it in the press conference, he made two crucial saves though and I loved how Lamo came out to play seeing it as a challenge rather than that he lost the starting position, I think we will see the same rotation return on sat!

I thought Harris had a mother great game and a lot of people are missing it? He had a great weekend and made some timely checks and even more important GBs when we needed it.

One more thing I noticed at the end of play (and this is micro analysing) after our last TO, Billy Ward came off a wing dodge and shot and he had an open look to the opposite wing to the hot hand of Randy Staats, I think this was probably with 30 seconds to go, Randy had missed a low shot a few mins before off the same play - he bumps from the crease to the wing area ( a mumbo) I think that was the best look we had in that cycle of play, god love Ward with his past games winners, why not shoot but I think we would have scored if he'd become a feeder there!

[quoteOne more thing I noticed at the end of play (and this is micro analysing) after our last TO, Billy Ward came off a wing dodge and shot and he had an open look to the opposite wing to the hot hand of Randy Staats, I think this was probably with 30 seconds to go, Randy had missed a low shot a few mins before off the same play - he bumps from the crease to the wing area ( a mumbo) I think that was the best look we had in that cycle of play, god love Ward with his past games winners, why not shoot but I think we would have scored if he'd become a feeder there![/quote]

Agree 100% I thought for sure Ward was going to shoot there or feed Staats and we would have scored.

I thought Mullins and Young were the weak links on close D. Mullins especially got beat a couple of times on the dodge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom