Syracuse led NCAA in attendance in 2014-15 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse led NCAA in attendance in 2014-15

but, but, but, buttity, but, but.

Can they have one SU headline without the word but?

I agree. Everything Mike Waters does has little threads of negativity. People roasted me for saying it last time. I really do not like anything Mike writes.

It reminds of something my Grandmother used to say. She had a really high pitch voice like Edith Bunker. She would say, "If you don't have anything nice to say shut your God damm mouth!"

P.S. I heard about a funny bumper sticker the other day: CAUTION: In case of rapture this car way swerve as my mother-in-law takes the wheel.

Of course it was going to be closer this year than last. After all, they were the consensus #1 team and we were mediocre. ;)

Not sure why that wasn't mentioned in the article. Or did I miss it?

Cheers,
Neil

Maybe SU will stop pulling attendance numbers out of thin air now that Gross is gone.

DoctorBombay said:
Ummm, explain...please?

Yeah I wouldn't put that on Gross. Everyone counts tickets sold versus AIS.

I agree. Everything Mike Waters does has little threads of negativity. People roasted me for saying it last time. I really do not like anything Mike writes.

It reminds of something my Grandmother used to say. She had a really high pitch voice like Edith Bunker. She would say, "If you don't have anything nice to say shut your God damm mouth!"
Oh, the irony...

Technically the "slightestof margins" is one. So that is not true.

docsu said:
Technically the "slightestof margins" is one. So that is not true.

Technically a person may not see that as a negative. It's like saying a team "squeaked by 30-29" is being negative. It's not. Negative would have been dating we only heat Kentucky by X in attendance and should have beat them by more. People see what they want.

Technically a person may not see that as a negative. It's like saying a team "squeaked by 30-29" is being negative. It's not. Negative would have been dating we only heat Kentucky by X in attendance and should have beat them by more. People see what they want.

I hear ya.

Of course it was going to be closer this year than last. After all, they were the consensus #1 team and we were mediocre. ;)

Not sure why that wasn't mentioned in the article. Or did I miss it?

Cheers,
Neil
Plus, our home schedule this past season was weaker than the one the year before. Don't know what the UK home sked looked like.

Article nor the article headline was negative. People see what they want.

Mike Waters: "Syracuse basketball led nation in attendance for 2014-15 season by slim margin"

Donna Ditota: "Syracuse basketball led nation in attendance for 2014-15 season!"

People ignore what they don't want to see.

Mike Waters: "Syracuse basketball led nation in attendance for 2014-15 season by slim margin"

Donna Ditota: "Syracuse basketball led nation in attendance for 2014-15 season!"

People ignore what they don't want to see.
I know Mike as most people here know. You are wrong. It's that simple. Mike is not negative towards Syracuse basketball in any way, shape or form.

I know Mike as most people here know. You are wrong. It's that simple. Mike is not negative towards Syracuse basketball in any way, shape or form.
Waters is a excellent beat writer who has carved out a nice career by always remaining fair-minded about the teams and people he covers. Many of today's sports beat writers spend too much time editorializing and sniping, and would be better served by adopting Mike's old school approach.

He may be a nice guy. Opinions cannot be "wrong". It's that simple.

I'm not going to try to change your opinion. For me it seems at times he emphasizes "bad" things that happen while there are some "good" things that are ignored. I don't see any reason to emphasize the negative especially when the Orange lose a game. Fans are smart enough to know when the team loses. The audience reading these stories, at least it my mind, would prefer to see some positive points in a loss. For example, one story from last season he emphasized shooting percentage. While there were a very good number of steals and good defense being played. I just thought talking about the shooting percentage after a loss is kind of negative when the team actually had some good positives which were ignored.

"Syracuse basketball led nation in attendance for 2014-15 season!" GOOD NEWS!

Last edited:
Everybody Lives Raymond reference.

ass in seat

If we did not use the AIS method the NCAA would probably slap more sanctions on the program.

Dave85 said:
He may be a nice guy. Opinions cannot be "wrong". It's that simple. I'm not going to try to change your opinion. For me it seems at times he emphasizes "bad" things that happen while there are some "good" things that are ignored. I don't see any reason to emphasize the negative especially when the Orange lose a game. Fans are smart enough to know when the team loses. The audience reading these stories, at least it my mind, would prefer to see some positive points in a loss. For example, one story from last season he emphasized shooting percentage. While there were a very good number of steals and good defense being played. I just thought talking about the shooting percentage after a loss is kind of negative when the team actually had some good positives which were ignored. "Syracuse basketball led nation in attendance for 2014-15 season!" GOOD NEWS!

If we lost and we shot bad, I'd say that's what you talk about as to why we lost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom