Syracuse makes Top 5 uni list | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse makes Top 5 uni list

StanCuse44 said:
I really cannot believe that it's taken this long to see our orange jersey with blue pants combo (plus orange helmet) on the field. What/h. I like the look.

Orange pants blue top is the SU look.

Yes, I know. I was referring to simply having the orange jersey as an option after all of the blue and grey/gray in recent memory. Should've been more specific, I guess.

My guess is that they will wear blue/blue with orange helmet for the RI game and new orange uni's for ACC action.

I agree with Bees.

I have to admit.

In a vacuum, I actually like the look of the orange jerseys and blue pants. It's pretty cool.

But, it is not Syracuse Football.

The brand for the team is orange pants and orange helmets - and that should be preserved.

So, the new look is cool, but the traditional look is the defining brand for the program and should be preserved.

My guess is that they will wear blue/blue with orange helmet for the RI game and new orange uni's for ACC action.

Saw today that it will be blue jersey/orange pants/orange helmet for RI.

I agree with Bees.

I have to admit.

In a vacuum, I actually like the look of the orange jerseys and blue pants. It's pretty cool.

The brand for the team is orange pants and orange helmets - and that should be preserved.

So, the new look is cool, but the traditional look is the defining brand for the program and should be preserved.

Why not break out of the shell one time maybe for LSU

I agree with Bees.

I have to admit.

winning isn't syracuse football lately either..we are trying to change some things on the Hill.

Still think orange helmet and pants with either the blue or white jersey are the best combos. Although the all-white look with the orange helmet was kinda sharp. So long as we never see the all orange carrot top look or the gray/blue looks I'm fine. Those were horrendous.

winning isn't syracuse football lately either..we are trying to change some things on the Hill.

Exactly.

Wearing the clown uniforms we won three games last year.

Wearing the original clown uniforms under Robinson we won 10 games in four years.

That's what I want to change.

Wearing the Coach Mac uniforms - our brand - we went to I think seventeen bowl games - including two very impressive Pinstripe Bowl wins - and produced the likes of McNabb, Harrison, Ismail, Moose Johnston, Freeney and Konrad, the Jones Brothers, Nassib, Sharmarko and others.

Stick with a brand that connotes success. Do what Alabama, Auburn, USC, Texas do. Heck, do what Coke and Lite Beer and BYU and the Toronto Blue Jays have done - return to a brand that recalls winning and success.

Crusty said:
BTW - what the hell is NC thinking of - argyle? ! Must be their idea of self imposed punishment.

To be fair, hasn't it been on the basketball unis forever?

FWIW, I think the brand stuff can be overdone at times, but in *every* commercial I've seen this offseason that included a clip of an SU player I had zero idea that it was SU at first glance.

Maybe ditching the all whites and all grays, and consistency using orange and blue combos, or orange and white, would be helpful.

CuseOnly said:
Where did you see it, pictures or it wasn't true...

Tweeted by university today

i prefer the 60's white jersey orange pants home unis of the little csonka era--- we wore that combo for several years---just my favorite,imho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom