Syracuse makes Top 5 uni list | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse makes Top 5 uni list

Exactly.

Wearing the clown uniforms we won three games last year.

Wearing the original clown uniforms under Robinson we won 10 games in four years.

That's what I want to change.

Wearing the Coach Mac uniforms - our brand - we went to I think seventeen bowl games - including two very impressive Pinstripe Bowl wins - and produced the likes of McNabb, Harrison, Ismail, Moose Johnston, Freeney and Konrad, the Jones Brothers, Nassib, Sharmarko and others.

Stick with a brand that connotes success. Do what Alabama, Auburn, USC, Texas do. Heck, do what Coke and Lite Beer and BYU and the Toronto Blue Jays have done - return to a brand that recalls winning and success.
sorry orangepa u and i are old school and out of touch---i liked the white jersey's and orange pants of the 60's the best. would take the blue shirts and orange pants as a second choice ---they looked as well.

I am tired of all of these uniform changes the past 10 years or so. Embarrassing, frankly.

sorry orangepa u and i are old school and out of touch---i liked the white jersey's and orange pants of the 60's the best. would take the blue shirts and orange pants as a second choice ---they looked as well.

I guess so.

i prefer the 60's white jersey orange pants home unis of the little csonka era--- we wore that combo for several years---just my favorite,imho

Me too.

See my avatar.

I have liked every uniform we have had with exception of the Robinson era awfulness. Change can be fun, try and embrace it. The recruits and players think the uniforms are amazing, as does every website that ranks uniforms. Can we all just agree though that if we start winning games again they could be pantsless and we wouldnt care? Alright maybe they need pants. "just win baby"

OrangePA said:
Me too. See my avatar.

The NCAA years ago changed the rules on when the home team can wear white. The default is color jersey for home although there is a way to get around that for a specific game. Just can't remember what it is. I know it involves contact with the opponent.

Just think of all of the recruits after wearing orange for the Wake Forest game. Four and five stars committing left and right.

I am tired of all of these uniform changes the past 10 years or so. Embarrassing, frankly.

It wouldn't be embarrassing if we were winning. Hardly anyone thinks Oregon's uniform changes are embarrassing.

It wouldn't be embarrassing if we were winning. Hardly anyone thinks Oregon's uniform changes are embarrassing.

Correct, obviously! It makes one ponder what the priority is when the product is shitty.

SoBeCuse said:
Correct, obviously! It makes one ponder what the priority is when the product is shitty.

Are you already down on the new AD and this season? Give both time.

SoBeCuse said:
Nope. Just talking recent past.

That's fair. I would get too caught up in that. New season, new AD, new orange combo. Might all be on the up and up :).

The NCAA years ago changed the rules on when the home team can wear white. The default is color jersey for home although there is a way to get around that for a specific game. Just can't remember what it is. I know it involves contact with the opponent.
Is LSU the only team that wears white at home now?

orange pants>blue pants>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blue shorts

After our horrendously painful run in pre-season rankings I'm thankful we're top 5 in something

Is LSU the only team that wears white at home now?
I believe that the jersey colors are specified in the game contract. Last night, both Carolinas wore their color jerseys.

I'm all for new uniforms and don't care about tradition in the slightest. But the numbers are the stupidest thing ever. It looks like a 3 year old did a drawing of a football player.

I liked the look tonight but it was hard to read the numbers and the names were impossible.

I liked the look tonight but it was hard to read the numbers and the names were impossible.
White outline there on names/numbers to match S on helmet?

I have to say... I really like the unis. They pop & are unique. I even like the number font but just wish it didn't have the dark, diagonal lines running through them (which make them look too dark from a distance). The color of the numbers should be as bright as the color of the pants & helmet. IMO, you solve that problem and the unis will be about as good as you can make them.

Yep, it's amazing how my seats got worse when the uniforms changed.