Syracuse Mt Rushmore | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Mt Rushmore

Briancuse

Living Legend
I was thinking about this the other day, including all sports.

Jim Brown
Boeheim
Pearl
Melo

Next up

Ernie Davis
Floyd Little
Dave Bing
Gary Gait

The hardest one was between Melo and Ernie Davis, Ernie won the only heisman in Su history, but Melo helped get us our only national title in basketball.

I was thinking about this the other day, including all sports.

Jim Brown
Boeheim
Pearl
Melo

Next up

Ernie Davis
Floyd Little
Dave Bing
Gary Gait

The hardest one was between Melo and Ernie Davis, Ernie won the only heisman in Su history, but Melo helped get us our only national title in basketball.

And Ernie helped us get our only NC in Football...

Regardless, really tough call...

I also think you have to leave Melo out. Ernie has to be there. It's either Pearl or Melo. I think the NC has to be taken into consideration but Pearl completely changed everything for us.

Think outside the box. We are not limited to four.

Ernie
Jim Brown
JB
Pearl
Melo

We have such a glorious history of superlative players and coaches in all sports, it is unfair not to recognize them. I could go on with Q, Simmons, Gait, etc., but you get the point.

Ernie
Jim Brown
JB
Pearl
Melo

We have such a glorious history of superlative players and coaches in all sports, it is unfair not to recognize them. I could go on with Q, Simmons, Gait, etc., but you get the point.

From a lax standpoint, who would you say was more important Simmons or Gait?

Jim Brown, JB and Ernie Davis are no doubters for me. Melo brought a title home, so I'd give him the fourth spot. On the outside looking in, McNabb, Pearl and DC.

If its all sports then need to consider Gene Mills there.
Two-time NCAA Champ...1980 Olympian (in the Olympics the US boycotted).

I'm not even a JB fan, and i'd have to put him in there.

Pearl
Jim Brown
JB
Ernie

I think it's Pearl, Jim Brown, Melo, and Ernie Davis. JB gets the Crazy Horse-style statue a few miles away that's gonna be 5 times bigger and will take 100 years to complete.

An outsider's view:
Ernie Davis
Jim Brown
Jim Boeheim
Flip a coin between Roy Simmons, Jr. and Gary Gait.

An outsider's view:
Ernie Davis
Jim Brown
Jim Boeheim
Flip a coin between Roy Simmons, Jr. and Gary Gait.
Who has 2 statues already on campus and the football field named after him? Ernie Davis is in.

Jim Brown, Jim Boeheim, Ernie Davis, and Gary Gait

I mean, if it's a "Mount Rushmore", four is kind of the rule.

Brown, Boeheim, Ernie are locks. The fourth has to be a basketball player. I would say either Bing, Coleman, Pearl, Melo or I also think you could make an argument for GMac as he's by far #1 in iconic moments in Syracuse sports history.

I think it's too hard to do it across sports. And are we going to leave out Lacrosse?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom