Syracuse to visit wisconsin in acc/bigten challenge | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse to visit wisconsin in acc/bigten challenge

1999 is completely irrelevant. That was before Dick Bennett had his system and players in place.
We have played them 2 times since 2012.
2012 NCAAT Sweet 16 game was a nailbiter. We played ridiculously well and they made 14 3pts and we held on by 1 point.
Last year we choked at the FT and lost a game we should have won.

Wisconsin is going lock us down. We have to hope our D is elite when we play them. We scored 58 points in 45 minutes this year. I doubt we will score 58 points next year. We could win this game because we are Syracuse but I expect we will lose this game which is fine.
May 25, 2016: Alsacs... "Syacuse will lose on November 29, 2016"

got it.

May 25, 2016: Alsacs... "Syacuse will lose on November 29, 2016"

got it.
I don't have problem saying I THINK Syracuse will lose. Wisconsin as MSOrange pointed out since 2000 is 220-20 at home. They are ridiculously good at home. Obviously we have a chance but saying I expect to lose is not even 1% shocking or outrageous. It is respecting Wisconsin's homecourt.

C'mon man you can pick on other things I have said. This is a very Cusian take for you.

Somebody doesn't like Wisconsin.
Or Ohio State.
UVa-thatOSU - 2015-16 and 2016-17

We also played Northwestern in 2004-05 and 2005-06 Challenges. They gave us a year off and then we played them in 2007-08 again.

Or Ohio State.
UVa-thatOSU - 2015-16 and 2016-17

We also played Northwestern in 2004-05 and 2005-06 Challenges. They gave us a year off and then we played them in 2007-08 again.
its just the normal, summer white noise from all the kids here at Romper Room, who will most certainly be watching the game and not lamenting the fact that we played them last year come this winter.

nothing to see here, move along.

its a Syracuse thing to have outrageous 'personal' schedule demands...be it football or basketball.

the whole lot needs a good swift kick in the arse...

Last edited:
It's not because it's Wisconsin, it's because it's Wisconsin again. It would have been completely possible to avoid a back to back.

I hear ya, but this is a venue that I don't believe we have ever played in. It's a very hostile environment for our young guys which will be a learning experience, and it will almost certainly be a nice RPI boost.

I hear ya, but this is a venue that I don't believe we have ever played in. It's a very hostile environment for our young guys which will be a learning experience, and it will almost certainly be a nice RPI boost.

Going to be a difficult game for us. They have everyone back and will be ranked 5-10 I would imagine.

Going to be a difficult game for us. They have everyone back and will be ranked 5-10 I would imagine.
JB might've requested it when he thought Mal was coming back...

it will be difficult, and yes they have everyone back, but it's not a team that scares me at all (compared to when they had Kaminsky, Dekker and Jackson)... we made Happ look like Kevin McHale last year because we just had no interior defense at all - that changes drastically this year.
It'll be a close, low-scoring game

it will be difficult, and yes they have everyone back, but it's not a team that scares me at all (compared to when they had Kaminsky, Dekker and Jackson)... we made Happ look like Kevin McHale last year because we just had no interior defense at all - that changes drastically this year.

I hear you Pearl, but Happy/Koenig/Hayes is a pretty good trio in itself. Happs numbers were as good as Lydons last year, I would expect him to be even better this year.

I hear you Pearl, but Happy/Koenig/Hayes is a pretty good trio in itself. Happs numbers were as good as Lydons last year, I would expect him to be even better this year.
no doubt they're a good, solid team (as I'm all too aware being married to a Wiscy alum who is nutso about all things Bucky sports) - but much of their hype/ranking going into next season will be due to a very down b1g and that they are returning all of their (solid, unathletic) players... will be a very tough game but I'm not at all sold on Wiscy being a legit top 10 (or even top 20) team next year

Being a WI native the Kohl Center is interesting. Not hostile at all in regards to the fans and not very loud in general. We you combine their lack of tempo and old rich alums sitting around the court it's nothing compared Marquette when Syracuse played them back in the old Big East. With that said, it's not a good match-up, but also very winnable if we limit turnovers. Also, please stop saying Wisky, no one is WI says that. Sconnie, Bucky will work though, ha.

Of course it wouldn't scare you as much as a team that includes Kaminsky, Dekker, and... Jackson? Traevon Jackson? Why is he included? He missed 20 games in 2014-15 and Bronson Koenig, as a sophomore, stepped in admirably, averaging 12 points/game in 23 games as a starter. In any case, the 2014-15 Wisconsin team, that you speak of, was one of the top-three or -four teams the B1G has had since 2000. They had the highest AdjO that KenPom has ever recorded. Difficult to compare any team to that one.

Quite a few teams made Ethan Happ look very good. He won B1G Freshman of the Year over the likes of Diamond Stone, Caleb Swanigan, and Thomas Bryant. In particular, he made Bryant look like he was on skates. With an already-advanced post game, it will be scary to see him develop a jump shot, like many of the Wisconsin big men before him.

With Nigel Hayes returning to Wisconsin, the Badgers return 99.8% of its minutes, 99.7% of its points & rebounds, and 100% of its assists & steals. That's a pretty good number, especially with three starters that could threaten First Team All-B1G. In contrast, Syracuse has, relatively, more questions after losing 62.5% of their scoring, 67% of its assists, and 53.8% of its minutes. Rebounding should remain in good hands, though!

On another note, I am happy you nabbed Tyus Battle away from Michigan. My family is from the Chatham, NJ area, so I have gotten to see him up-close. He would have been a terror in the B1G. I'm excited, but not, that he'll be suiting up in Madison.

Any of you making the trip to Madison? Would be happy to provide some recommendations. It is popularly listed as one of the best college towns in the country, though I would stop short of calling it a town. Madison's population balloons to nearly 285,000 when school is in session.

Being a WI native the Kohl Center is interesting. Not hostile at all in regards to the fans and not very loud in general. We you combine their lack of tempo and old rich alums sitting around the court it's nothing compared Marquette when Syracuse played them back in the old Big East. With that said, it's not a good match-up, but also very winnable if we limit turnovers. Also, please stop saying Wisky, no one is WI says that. Sconnie, Bucky will work though, ha.

All it takes is a simple Google search of "Camp Randall hostile" to understand just how rabid Wisconsin football fans are. It is a favorite road trip for opposing players.

You could probably Google the same thing, but replace "Camp Randall" with "Kohl Center," and discover similar findings... none of which are true. Wisconsin is near the top of the country each year in attendance at the Kohl Center, but it is not an intimidating atmosphere. One of the "problems," and criticisms, is that the students are seated behind the basket, while the alumni, that shell out quite a bit of money, sit there with their arms folded around the court (as you said).

It can get pretty loud when bigger-name programs come to town, and I would imagine Syracuse fits that bill given its history. We'll see.