Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series

Frozen said:
That would make SU's 2016 non-conference slate: at UConn vs. USF vs. Colgate MetLife vs. Notre Dame I'll take it. Greg Schiano approves as well.

1-3

Hate this series. Bad job by the AD we don't need to play them and we are giving them a 1-1. Bad job.

I don't mind picking up the two wins. And as far as giving them a 1-1, it's not like UConn was going to realistically settle for anything less.

I don't mind picking up the two wins. And as far as giving them a 1-1, it's not like UConn was going to realistically settle for anything less.
I would rather give Buffalo a 1-1 than UConn. Atleast the State Assembly in Albany would notice if we need funding in the future for a project. Playing UConn in FB is the dumbest thing we can possibly do in FB scheduling bar none.
They need us more than we need them. Dumb decision unless they are giving us favorable terms.

Hate this series. Bad job by the AD we don't need to play them and we are giving them a 1-1. Bad job.
Unrealistic Alsacs...UConn is at the top of the G5 food chain. Cincy just booked a home n home with UCLA.

Syracuse is starting to pluck CT's best HS players again...a good series to book

Unrealistic Alsacs...UConn is at the top of the G5 food chain. Cincy just booked a home n home with UCLA.

Syracuse is starting to pluck CT's best HS players again...a good series to book
UCLA is going to be playing that game in Cincinnati's NFL stadium and they recruit nationally pretty well and playing in OH isn't that bad.

UConn FB is nowhere near the top of the G5 food chain. Boise State, UCF, Cincinnati, BYU, Frenso State all higher up than UConn hell in their own conference East Carolina, USF, Navy as well.

Dumb scheduling decision
What AD?

I guess we don't have an interim AD in Pete Sala? Herm Frazier was fired or reassigned? Nobody has heard he isn't still doing his job.

Hell I would rather give Cincinnati a home/home than UConn. We recruit the Midwest and atleast its somewhat closer to Chicago for the IL recruits. This UConn series doesn't help recruiting at all we can get CT kids already and the risk/reward element is too much. No need to play UConn FB give the H/H to an in-state Buffalo team more.

UCLA is going to be playing that game in Cincinnati's NFL stadium and they recruit nationally pretty well and playing in OH isn't that bad.

UConn FB is nowhere near the top of the G5 food chain. Boise State, UCF, Cincinnati, BYU, Frenso State all higher up than UConn hell in their own conference East Carolina, USF, Navy as well.

Dumb scheduling decision

I guess we don't have an interim AD in Pete Sala? Herm Frazier was fired or reassigned when nobody heard he isn't still doing his job.

Full agreement with TexanMark. It makes more sense to play a team in your recruiting area. Playing Boise or Fresno make less sense than UConn. And how many SU fans are going to attend an SU game at Fresno?

Syracuse Future Non-Conference Opponents -
  • 09/03 - Colgate
  • 09/17 - USF
  • 10/01 - Notre Dame (at E. Rutherford, NJ)
UConn Future Non-Conference Opponents -
In 2016...I wonder if Cuse talked to UConn to move UMass? The way that would happen is if Cuse told UMass they would play them in the future. If not then 9/24 seems likely.

In 2018 it is really wide open..I bet they play 9/15

Even with the plucking of CT's HS players, this is only a good series if we win both. We should win both, but I would rather see us play a team we aren't constantly trying to prove we are more relevant than. Our conference and recent results (last year aside) should put us ahead of UCONN in recruits' minds, but do we still pluck talent from the state if we lose head to head, especially at their house?

Full agreement with TexanMark. It makes more sense to play a team in your recruiting area. Playing Boise or Fresno make less sense than UConn. And how many SU fans are going to attend an SU game at Fresno?
Where did I say play Boise or Fresno? Mark said that UConn is the near the top of the G5 food chain. I listed those schools as higher on the food chain. I wouldn't play Boise or Fresno either.

I just won't say UConn is at the top of the CFB G5 food chain when they clearly aren't. I would play Cincinnati, USF, UCF, Rutgers hell even Buffalo before UConn unless UConn wanted to play its home game at Metlife or Yankee.

I know i probably missed the answer somewhere but who is making these agreements now?

I know i probably missed the answer somewhere but who is making these agreements now?
Pete Sala I would guess...this isn't rocket science (no need for SU2NASA)

Frazier is still at SU as far as I know.

I agree with Alsacs- playing at the Rent isn't going to help recruiting that much. This would be the type of game it would be fine to play in NYC or even Gillette for the return visit. We are doing UConn a favor with this 1 for 1. Would rather play at ODU or FAU/FIU.

Where did I say play Boise or Fresno? Mark said that UConn is the near the top of the G5 food chain. I listed those schools as higher on the food chain. I wouldn't play Boise or Fresno either.

I just won't say UConn is at the top of the CFB G5 food chain when they clearly aren't. I would play Cincinnati, USF, UCF, Rutgers hell even Buffalo before UConn unless UConn wanted to play its home game at Metlife or Yankee.

It doesn't matter so much to me where our G5 opponents are on the G5 food chain. SU should sweep the series, East Hartford is an easy place for SU fans to get to, SU recruits in the state of CT, and a win over UConn counts the same as a win over the G5 teams you mentioned above. I see no negatives here, other than running the risk of losing to a non-power conference team. So let's go out and win these two games.

UCF and Cinci have the ability to embarrass us given our performance last year. Rutgers is a P5 and while they didn't light the world on fire, they aren't exactly an easy win either. UCONN was 2-10 last year and they are an actual FBS/Div1A/WhateverItIsNow team. We shouldn't be going 1-3 or 2-2 out of conference. That's not how you build your brand. Schiano might be the real Slim Shady but he also knew how to build a program to somewhat respectable levels by this exactly formula of scheduling. It's also the formula the SEC uses to maintain the appearance of dominance in football.

SU already has a game at MetLife, so are a lot of SU fans going to go UConn as well? It's just a lazy job of taking a team that other than a win offers no benefit. Great a Noon kick on SNY in front of 25k. Hooray!

SU already has a game at MetLife, so are a lot of SU fans going to go UConn as well? It's just a lazy job of taking a team that other than a win offers no benefit. Great a Noon kick on SNY in front of 25k. Hooray!

Would you prefer it if SU scheduled a home and home with New Mexico State?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom